ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• LateNiteDelight
    Original poster 1040 posts

Massive isn't the only studio having issues with balancing..

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/04/11/destiny-2-is-nerfing-two-witch-queen-exotics-based-on-pvp-dominance/: (https://forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/04/11/destiny-2-is-nerfing-two-witch-queen-exotics-based-on-pvp-dominance)

Choice quote, which is eerily familiar: I really hope that gunplay can return to being the main focus of PvP sooner rather than later. I believe in the dream 😤

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• gi0v4nn1sh1n0b1
    6 posts

@latenitedelight this will always be the case in an rpg that has pvp

• xcel30
    982 posts

Honestly destiny PVP balancing is better in the sense that how the game plays and feels on PVP is very different, doesn't feel like putting a square through a round hole, definetly not perfect and far from it, but i always found it oddly enjoyable from time to time that it just clicks. Never got that feeling in this game it always felt that you already lost the moment you started PVP just due how much strong the meta builds were here.

Could be that i always felt that i was playing a shooter first in destiny 2 PVP, while division 2 i felt i was playing rock-paper-scissors-dynamite and spoilers everyone uses dynamite because it wins against everything else

• CategoryTheory
    137 posts

@xcel30

Could be that i always felt that i was playing a shooter first in destiny 2 PVP, while division 2 i felt i was playing rock-paper-scissors-dynamite and spoilers everyone uses dynamite because it wins against everything else

That's not a bad description of Division 2, actually. One of the most prominent differences between Division 2 and most other shooters is the variety and complexity of loadouts, particularly the huge effects of interactions between multiple loadout items and skills. I don't know of another game where it's possible to take a dozen of the best items in the game, put them in a loadout, and end up with something worse than a dozen low-quality items that have better synergy.

Those kinds of interactions are already hard to balance for just PvE or PvP; when trying to balance for both, even with the assistance of "hacks" such as differing damage output or defence levels for PvP, it's going to get more difficult yet. I don't think that you can make a truly great PvP game under such conditions. It's certainly never going to compete well with games dedicated to PvP where the developers of those dedicated games simply don't have to deal with a whole host of balancing problems brought in by trying to make good PvE with the same system and items.

• LateNiteDelight
    Original poster 1040 posts

I don't think either game does PvP well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .. I don't like sci-fi and I don't like sponge..

If I want pure PvP I'd play R6S. If I want PvEvP, I'd play Hunt: Showdown. Maybe Insurgency:Sandstorm or Hell Let Loose if I could get over the hump of jumping in.

• desrocchi
    226 posts

Reading of the changes to the Shield skill I wonder where are all those PvPers that claimed changes made for PvP did not affect the PvE part of the game...

• SuspiciousPixel
    587 posts

@latenitedelight why I was happy Outriders had no pvp as the devs said its hard to get right in these genre of games.

• HonestlyOK1986
    207 posts

@latenitedelight destiny2 is all 1 shot or their magic nonsense. The pvp is pure cheddar.

The div pvp is a mild cheddar that focuses on superior numbers rather than skill. I imagine defining the roles within what a group can have will be the path they have to go down to make it more balanced.

The pvp was quite well balanced on release bar the defender drone. But the more stuff they add the more unbalanced it gets.

Suggested Topics