ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Azhrei21
    Original poster 122 posts

Ok I've played this game on and off for a year now... had maybe 5 or less crashes through the entire game on a launch ps4. Now tonight I wanted to look at that Wing shield in the store to see it's stats cause it's in Reda's shop. 6 times in a ROW now every time i try to open the in-game store (hit right on the d-pad while on the world map or inventory or w/e screen of the pause menu) the game crashes with error code CE-34878-0. What the heck is going on?!?

Edit: rebuilding the database did nothing.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Azhrei21

I should say i wanted to SEE the shield in the store, not see it's stats. I forgot you can see the stats in Reda's shop. Point is i can't open the in-game store, and it hasn't been long (maybe a week) since I did so no problem. Now it NEVER fails to crash the game (10 or 12 times now tonight when I've tried and it crashed every time), whether hitting right on the d-pad in the inventory screen or the store option in the main menu...

As I said rebuilding the database did nothing. Also it's a brand new hard drive, i put in a Seagate barracuda recently and put the regular seagate i HAD in the ps4 in the closet as a backup... so it's not the hard drive. And the rest of the game still plays fine... just cant' open the store.

• Ubi-SpaceCats
    Ubisoft Support Staff 938 posts

@azhrei21 Hey there, sorry to hear this happened! The error you are getting is a Console Error (CE), so I would suggest taking a look at the steps in our PlayStation troubleshooting guide.

Official Response
  • Azhrei21

@ubi-spacecats As I said i already rebuilt the database. Brand new hard drive and OS install... there's nothing else to do console wise unless you think i should reinstall the game when it doesn't crash ANYWHERE ELSE but reliably crashes every time trying to access your in-game store... and it wasn't doing that even recently as last week. And I've had this hard drive in here like 3 months.

Edit: Well i just saved the game, closed my eyes, bit my lip, and hit the d-pad to open the store... after waiting like 5 minutes after coming back from a raid, wanted to be sure everything had loaded in the area. It worked... lol >.<

I'm thinking it was an error on your end that crashed my console/game when it couldn't connect. THIS site wasn't working last night either at the same time i was trying to open the store. It wouldn't load for like an hour (the site) in the middle of the night (EST). And it wasn't like the page was like blank and not loading, it said something like "unavailable " blah blah blah... and no it wasn't my modem, i had internet on anything else, and other sites were fine.

• Azhrei21

@ubi-spacecats by the way concerning the in-game store... it's like you guys forgot to put that High Elf set in ANY section of it... the only time i can find it when i want to look at something in that set is when it's being promoted/on sale and on the front page. Like the ship's shield is in reda's shop right now, i wanted to get a closer look, i can't find the set anywhere lol... Been noticing that for months now, can't find the Elf stuff anywhere.

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 780 posts

Hello @Azhrei21 and thanks for getting back to us. First of all, I am happy to hear that the issue was fixed. CE-34878-0 is a console error that indicated a game crash, so possibly all the PS4 troubleshooting steps that you completed before helped in this case.

Answering your question about High Elf set, we would like to inform you that the development team is starting to revamp the Store and have removed a few Themes that used to be available for purchase either individually or via Packs.
    These gear sets will now be available as "Theme Packs", which can be purchased from the "Exclusive Offers" tab.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Official Response
  • Azhrei21

@ubi-oxavo ya obviously the game crashed... like i said i think it had something to do with YOUR servers (since you have to connect to them for the store and the REST OF THE GAME was fine)... see what i said about THIS website in the previous post. Idk if the game servers and this site are connected in any way but it happened at the same time and resolved ITSELF later that morning... you must've missed the part where i said rebuilding the database did nothing and it still crashed afterwards.

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 780 posts

Hi again @Azhrei21 , thanks for your reply.

I did not miss the part where you said you rebuilt the database. It was just a guess that all the troubleshooting steps you performed before could help anyway because as you mentioned later when you saved the game and closed your eyes the issue was fixed.
    Again I would like to emphasize that CE-34878-0  is a console error and we did not experience any server degradation. I am happy all works for you now and wishing you a Happy Sunday.

Please feel free to get in touch if you need our help with anything else.

Official Response
  • MetcalfMs1
    5 posts

Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same issue. Bumped into your thread. Thanks for creating it. Looking forward for solution.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6048 posts

Hello there @MetcalfMs1!

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering a CE-34878-0 error code in-game. Thank you for taking the time to share your report with us.

As mentioned by my colleague @Ubi-Oxavo, CE-34878-0 is a console error generated by the PlayStation console itself. You can learn more about this error code, as well as further troubleshooting steps, within this PlayStation support article.

If you're still encountering this error code after trying the troubleshooting steps suggested in the linked support article, I would suggest contacting PlayStation Support to see if they can assist you further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Azhrei21

@ubi-oxavo Dude anything unexplained simply comes back as a "console error" usually... doesn't mean it IS the console. IF it was my console you'd think I'd see errors all the time... not to mention this didn't happen anytime before this, or after (although I've AGAIN paused playing your long [censored] game a week or two ago in favor of playing something else for a bit, all the Ratchet and Clank games...). YOUR GAME screwed up the same time your WEBSITE was inaccessible (which i access on my pc btw, and any other site was fine...) or w/e i typed before... explain that. I'll wait... I was just letting you know and you're blaming my console lol... w/e idc. Last time I'm posting on this. take care

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6048 posts

Hello there @Azhrei21,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing a CE error whilst playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla on PlayStation. As mentioned, CE errors are generated by the PlayStation console itself, and we do not have visibility on what could be causing this error to occur on your system. I would recommend checking out this support article by PlayStation for more information about this error code, or contacting PlayStation Support for more assistance with this error.

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble accessing the Ubisoft Support website as well. Are you still having trouble accessing the website? If so, can you let us know more about this issue and how you're unable to access the website, so we can look into this further and provide you with further troubleshooting steps. If you've encountered any error codes whilst on the Ubisoft Help website, please let us know these as they will be helpful for investigating this further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Azhrei21

@ubi-borealis Will you stop with the "form letter" bs responses... it's like you all don't read anything. IT'S NOT MY CONSOLE FFS!

And as far as the website, again did you read anything? I can't believe I'm posting in this thread again.... I ALREADY SAID it cleared up at the same time the game did (really odd coincidence that your website on my PC had issues the same time your store was screwing up on the console, yet my internet was fine and ANYthing else worked...). And damn man, this was in April... you think i remember any error codes? lmao... this forums wasn't loading (or w/e i said up top...). I'm marking this thread as ignore, Goodbye

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2366 posts

@azhrei21 We appreciate your reply and apologies for any frustration our responses have caused.

We understand that you wish to have this issue resolved, however as this is a Sony PlayStation error and you have already done the PlayStation troubleshooting steps we sent, we ask that you please reach out to Sony support for further assistance.

Thank you.

Official Response

Suggested Topics