ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• blahblahbenblah
    Original poster 2 posts

So, having an issue with this quest. I am supposed to be saving this blacksmith, everyone around him is dead, and i walked across the lava to him, nothing. He blinks green like something should be happening, I know I am supposed to carry him, can't. Am I missing something?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5848 posts
    Best Answer

Hi Vikings!

I am currently doing a routine check-up on the megathreads and I can confirm that the issue where players were unable to interact with Durrigor during the quest 'The Warolrd's Daughter' could not be reproduced after Title Update 1.5.2.

As we have received no reports of this issue since June we will now lock this thread.

Official Response
  • blahblahbenblah
    Original poster 2 posts

So, having an issue with this quest. I am supposed to be saving this blacksmith, everyone around him is dead, and i walked across the lava to him, nothing. He blinks green like something should be happening, I know I am supposed to carry him, can't. Am I missing something?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6075 posts

Hello there @blahblahbenblah! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble progressing in "The Warlord's Daughter." Would you be able to provide us with a video that shows you're unable to interact with the blacksmith once all of the enemies in the surrounding area have been defeated?

I'd recommend uploading the video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look at.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • johnboy412000
    11 posts

I am playing The Warlords Daughter Quest and I have to talk the Dwarves in Guftathorpe. When I try to speak to Durrigor he refuses to speak to me. I have even put my cloak on and used the Muspel spell but he still refuses to talk to me. The other I have tried loading the game from an earlier save but still the same outcome. I cannot progress with the game until this is done. 

• johnboy412000
    11 posts

I am playing The Warlords Daughter Quest and I have to talk the Dwarves in Guftathorpe. When I try to speak to Durrigor he refuses to speak to me. I have even put my cloak on and used the Muspel spell but he still refuses to talk to me. The other I have tried loading the game from an earlier save but still the same outcome. I cannot progress with the game until this is done. 

• Ubi-Peach
    Ubisoft Support Staff 252 posts

Howdy @johnboy412000. Sorry to hear you are unable to speak to Durrigor. I know this is frustrating and I would like to look into this. For our investigation, could you please try these general troubleshooting steps as well as verifying your game files? If these steps do not resolve this issue, please upload your save to the cloud and provide me with a video showing you are unable to talk to Durrigor.

Official Response
  • johnboy412000
    11 posts

@ubi-peach Ok thanks for that. I will try those steps and hopefully it will fix the issue.

• johnboy412000
    11 posts

@ubi-peach How do I make a video of the scene where I am unable to talk to Durrigor

• johnboy412000
    11 posts

@ubi-peach I Have made a Video but alas this message won't let me attach it on here. It say's I do not have enough privilages.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5848 posts

Hi @johnboy412000 apologies for the late response.

I am also sorry to hear that you cannot speak to Durrigor in the quest 'The Warlord's Daughter' this is not a known issue. You should be able to speak with him once you activate the Power of Muspelheim.

Could you please provide a video that demonstrates this issue

I would recommend uploading your video to a video sharing platform such as YouTube, you can then copy the URL link into this thread. 

Official Response
  • AppleDellx2
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis I’m currently having the same issue haven’t been able to progress for 3 days

• AppleDellx2
    5 posts

At the point in the quest where the blacksmith is being punished by muspels and you have to save him I killed everyone and still can’t interact with him I’ve reloaded many times killed them all again and I still can’t progress I’ve been trying for the past 3 days please help

• AppleDellx2
    5 posts

In the mission the warlords daughter I can’t talk to the blacksmith to progress through the main story I’ve killed everyone reloaded tried again watched some tutorials and it’s a bug and right now I feel like I’ve wasted my money please help

• johnboy412000
    11 posts

@ubi-keo

Hi there. I have uploaded the video to You tube and the link is here. Hope this helps. I Have activated the power of Muspel and its no different.

• SpirantCrayon22
    2527 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • AppleDellx2
    5 posts

@spirantcrayon22 uhmmm how about no mkay

• SpirantCrayon22
    2527 posts

@appledellx2

I wrote something but realised it achieved nothing. I can't delete my posts so the nearest thing was to do what I did.

• AppleDellx2
    5 posts

@spirantcrayon22 haha gotcha

• SpirantCrayon22
    2527 posts

@appledellx2

just thought - maybe you thought I meant "delete the thread" - sorry about that!

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6075 posts

Hello there!

I've merged together a couple of similar threads about being unable to able to interact with Durrigor during "The Warlord's Daughter." I apologise if any ongoing discussion has been disrupted by this merge. Creating a single thread helps us to keep information and updates from an investigation in an easy-to-find place.

Thank you for taking the time to share your reports with us, and thank you to @johnboy412000 for providing us with a video as well. I've now forwarded these to the dedicated teams so they can take a closer look at what could potentially be causing this issue in-game.

We're interested in collecting some additional videos that demonstrate the issue you're experiencing with Durrigor in your own game. If you haven't already, please can you provide us with a video which shows the following:

• Your active quest log, showing that "The Warlord's Daughter" is the active quest.
    • Your in-game map, showing your current location during the quest.
    • That you are unable to interact with Durrigor when prompted.

I'd recommend uploading this video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look at.

In the meantime, I'd recommend keeping an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for any future updates.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics