ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ArgimonEd
    Original poster 193 posts

I'm going to have to disagree with a few people here and this is my my own personal opinion.

To start off, I don't think ubi needs to drop the tier 1, they just need to write the games better.

Here is the things I'd like to see categorized in:
    AI/combat/gameplay
    Weapons/Gunsmith
    Cosmetics
    UI
    World/locations

AI/Combat/gameplay:
    • AI similar to MGS V AI, if you break line of sight and move to a new location while remaining unseen, they will search for you in the last known location and fan out from there, instead of instantly knowing where you are.
    This would finally make flanking possible when playing offline, without the enemy instantly mowing you down because they see through walls once alerted.
    • If you surprise enemies they can surrender, fake surrender or try their luck.
    This is an interesting aspect from MGS V and IMO would have made the capture and intimidade the sicario missions much more pleasurable.
    • Following the same logic, every enemy that surrendered can be interrogated to find out things about mission (this doesn't mean all of them will give you intel)
    • Enemies can be knocked down without being killed (Yes still like MGSV), I don't like the model present since GRFS that if you let go from the HVT, he will just make his gun magically appear in his hand and start fighting you again, would be nice if we could cuff them and knock them out to transport them for the objectives.
    • You can shoot and use emplaced weapons
    GRWL would have been better if we could emplacement and use mortars (also use the ones already emplaced).
    • Suddenly flashing an white light on the face of the enemies when he least expect can blind him for 1 second (Yes, eyes adapt, person can simply still shoot in the light direction while momentarily closing the eyes, I think MGSV does this exceptionally well, while in combat if you try to blind 10 enemies with torches, some might be stunned some might not, it's random, but having this force multiplier would be really nice).
    • Flashlights/IR illuminator and visible laser/IR laser.
    Would be nice having an weapon wheel in which we can press a button while it is open to select which attachments will be toggled to be turned on when you aim.
    Example:
    You open the weapon gadget wheel and select the white light and visible laser to be toggled on, when you aim the weapon they will automatically be turned on, they both can give your position away.
    Now let's say it's night and you are going to operate with nods, but toggled on the IR illuminator and laser, but forgot to toggle the white light and visible laser off, they would still automatically turn on when aiming, making gear management more realistic and interesting.
    • Smoke grenades.
    Using smoke grenades to break contact or mask your movement into an building/objective.
    Smoke grenades make enemies and characters cough giving away position.
    This is something nice that is realistic and was added into Insurgency sandstorm and something similar was added in MGSV where everyone cover their eyes and mouth while in the smoke (including snake if he gets to close to the source).
    • Air support/pickup like in MGSV
    Don't get me wrong I love flying on my own and hope it doesn't get removed from the game
    But sometimes I would like to go to the objective and just parachute without having the chopper dropping and exploding.
    • Bigger draw distance

weapons/gunsmith:
    • When the developers say they are going to add a new gun, I'm seriously hoping for a new gun instead of the 10th 516 with a different paint and completely different stats.
    • Keep the weapons simple, what will change between different brands of AR15 will pretty much be cosmetics and things that can't translate into video games.
    When in much, a different AR might have higher or lower ROF which can impact the recoil pattern and an slight difference in accuracy, that's it.
    No more all over the place damage and oenetration between what is pretty much the same weapon.
    • Tie ballistics to caliber.
    (OH but the game would be unbalanced)
    Says who?
    What really is unbalanced is you can select the gun you like more visually because it sucks while someone is using what is pretty much the same gun with different cosmetics but with super premium stats, this ain't balance, it's an excuse created to sell packages for multi-player.
    Like you play with the M4 in COD but the M13 used to nail people because it had much better damage.
    This us ridiculous and exists only to sell guns in the store, this is not balance.
    • Launcher weapon category, it involves stand alone grenade launchers, AT weapons, RPG's, ATGM and portable anti air equipment.
    • Weapon models used by US tier 1 forces and weapons that would make sense to find on the AO.
    For example the IA2 would make sense to be found in South America, maybe on Africa and that is stretching things a lot.
    Ak's can be found world wide
    Augs would be really hard to find depending on where you go, you get the idea.
    M13
    Mk18
    Other models of AR15 being used currently by Tier one forces like Devgru and CAG
    These would be the main protagonist.
    • Bring the following pistols:
    M17/M18
    Glock (just don't name it glock, several other games do the same and glock never did anything)
    Hk 45 CT
    I don't know which other model of pistols is being used by US tier 1.
    • Modern weapons nowadays have trigger mechanisms that allow you to shoot as fast as you can press the trigger, this goes for Rifles, PCC, pistols, make it happen in the game as well, loved it on Breakpoint because pistols where like this.
    • Gunsmith as close as the one in the ground branch game as possible.
    • Realistic sound detection (this isn't splinter cell) enemies not hearing an AR 15 shooting 10 meters away from him is really annoying.
    • Red dots for pistols.
    • Pistol sights should be suppressor height, to be able to use with suppressors without needing red dots (for those who don't like it) and for co witnessing with red dots for those that like it and expect this tacticool look.
    • Please on the FPS aiming view, don't put the camera so zoomed in the gun and hand, like...Let it be further away allowing us to have a bigger FOV and view the character forearms (like in Mw)

cosmetics:
    • Realistic loadouts for vest and belts
    • Use gear used by Tier 1 in the US, like El curvacho said, Crye precision (faithfully modeled and textured), eagle industries, first spear, and any other gear manufacuter used by them.
    Faithfully modeled and textured.
    I hated how the AVS cummerbund molle in multicam was just part of the cummerbund itself, should have been textured separately by an molle swatch, this attention to detail is gold.
    Don't just use one swatch for the entire pant for example, pockets have to be textured separately, like real paints use different pieces of tissue to add pockets.
    • Holster and plate carriers in a more "correct height" was really awkward looking at Nomad with the holster in his knees on the game, or the plate carriers sitting almost at his nipple height (just a few were modeled covering his heart and sitting on the jugular notch.
    • Don't lock camouflages behind modes or parts of the story, specially not the multicam family and M81.
    • Add helmets with accessories that are used by SOF dudes in real life (Counter weights, small red lights, strobes.

UI
    • There are good aspects on BP UI but having something like a keyboard cursor on console was a huge pain in the buttocks

World/locations:
    •I really liked Bolívia and was a great way to integrate all biomes in one map, whereas auroa was kind of bad, because lacked a few things (villages, cities)
    And we hated the futuristic factories.

The next location needs to have bigger villages and cities, take the biggest city in wildlands and make it bigger, that should be the standard for cities in the map and the the biggest village and make it bigger.

Also airports in the game shouldn't have only 200 to 300m runways, yes you can have airstrip this size but add at least one airport with an decent 1km runway.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Megalodon-26
    360 posts

@argimoned IMO, they should expand on the modularity of the current gunsmith, by also letting us change the handguard with various styles and lengths, different gas blocks, pistol grips styles, different magazine styles (which could also change the calibre being fired). So an M4A1 could easily be made to look like a Mk18,an M110, or a M16 variant. So as long as a weapon platform can be modded IRL, it should be capable of being modded in game.

• ArgimonEd

@bigrexxx if I'm not mistaken the new version of ground branch you can do that

• ArgimonEd

@argimoned Some people might not like the idea, but I think they ubisoft would benefit a lot by hiring Lucas botkin, garand thumb, milspec MOJO, xray alpha, knockout lights for making the mocap

• Megalodon-26
    360 posts

@argimoned Not yet, but it is being worked on.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1381 posts

@bigrexxx

I don't understand and believe I never will why people want to go this deep into the customization of a weapon if at the end, they all shoot pretty much the same? Is this more for cosmetic/viewing purposes? Not insulting, just wondering. AFAIK I was never able to feel a difference when I was changing stuff in Future Soldier for instance (or even WL/BP) but that of course could be my problem.

• Eagleyezx
    139 posts

@fcac-no-moe You're definitely right, the in game result is the same.

But I believe a lot of us want an improved gunsmith because we love guns, especially for our veteran's who are used to handling the real stuff. And also for us gamers who are tactically spoiled by real tactical shooters.

Ubiflop isn't meeting the standard requirements of a modern tactical shooter. For that reason, I hope it resembles Ground Branch or Escape from Tarkov.

It's not only Breakpoint, but the gunsmith that Ubiflop uses in all of their games are extremely outdated. They're stuck in 2010.

• Eagleyezx
    139 posts

@argimoned I second you on your observation of MGSV. I can't express enough how much this game needs to be a bench mark for how AI should work in a game like Wildlands or Breakpoint.

I made a post with a video that details a lot of the things you said.

Secondly, MGSV is a cinematic masterpiece. It feels like every mission is at the start of a Spec Ops Spy film. The briefings, the Intel from your home base while on mission, the Intel you collect and that it has audio and written transcripts to compliment the story.

I have more hours in Ghost Recon because the open world gives you that tactical freedom. But MGSV does so many things better than Ghost Recon Wildlands/Breakpoint.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1381 posts

@eagle-eyezx

I hear you and I will even go as far as saying that I know I would enjoy it as well BUT!!! so far has been a waste of time and well, I have my reservations if that will change for the better in the near future.

I do hope it happens but I have a funny feeling we are just having a normal discussion of things that will never happen but this is the forum for it, right?. 🤠

• Megalodon-26
    360 posts

@fcac-no-moe A lot of it is purely for cosmetics, since you're not getting the tactile feel between each of the weapons.But that doesn't mean that being able to fully customize the weapons, and truly making them yours, isn't important.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1381 posts
    @fcac-no-moe A lot of it is purely for cosmetics, since you're not getting the tactile feel between each of the weapons.But that doesn't mean that being able to fully customize the weapons, and truly making them yours, isn't important.

OK, I get that but what about an internal part, a part that you can't see even in TPV? why bother with it? This is like people who buy Harley Bikes wanting a set of PoS brake pads made in China semi metallic for 65.00 instead of buying full metal pads made in England or Spain for 40.00. and a hell of a lot better. I understand the sense of club belonging and allure, admiring the bar & shield (brand loyalty) but paying more for the sake of paying more? and in this case more of a waste of time and resources, nope, I don't understand that.

I am not saying it isn't important to you and others but the question is why.

• Eagleyezx
    139 posts

@fcac-no-moe You nailed it buddy, that's why it will be interesting to see what Ubiflop comes up with next year or the year after.

Ubiflop have been spoiled with video and forum feedback on the game. I have no idea what Delta Company are doing with Ubiflop in regards to the next game, but I doubt they've had a significant role in this game.

The anticipation begins.

• Megalodon-26
    360 posts

@fcac-no-moe The only internal part that could be modified, is the gas block, which will affect the RoF. I'm not worried about buffer springs, firing pins Etc. But most modern weapons offer a lot of options these days, so why not have something similar in a game with weapons.

undefined
    undefinedundefined
    undefined

• ArgimonEd

@eagle-eyezx I think that MGSV set the benchmark for a lot of things and not only the AI.
    If it wasn't for all the supernatural and silly elements, could have been one of the best more serious tactical shooters out there.
    Imagine a GR where you are fighting terrorist or an dictatorship while embedded with local forces and you can help build them up, not only by stealing resources but weapons, and jf you do it can have direct impact in large scale missions (Like arma 3 resistance campaign).
    Not only that but you can gain better support from them when doing "solo" missions just with your team of 8 Ghosts

Imagine a game where enemy forces use IFV to transport enemies and to support them, where enemies use tanks, technicals and other vehicles (And they don't simply dismount to fight you).
    Gotta be one of the most stupid things in WL and BP is that when the enemy arrives in a vehicle with an machine gun, instead of tearing you a new one, he dismounts and make your life easier.

• ArgimonEd

@fcac-no-moe Because a lot of us are gun enthusiasts and part of the reasons why we play games is to feast the eyes, if it wasn't the case graphics wouldn't have evolved as much as they did.
    And being gun enthusiasts a lot of us would like to get close to the things we like but some of us live in areas where it's prohibitive.
    So the closest we will get to making that gun we always wanted to have its games.
    And having a game with a lot of cool mechanics that makes it super immersive and you can use the gear the way you always envisioned in your head.
    Now that is truly blissful for some of us.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1381 posts

Again, if it shows on the outside I am all for it, but well, not really 100% no... less so when the game is in TPV where you are looking at your back and butt and your secondary and not at your primary weapon.

so, you would need to walk or run turned around in order for you to see your full weapon and if you do that then even on TPV you are limited iin your field of vision so not looking at front where the enemy is. Now, if you like to snap pictures of it, etc, etc, Ok, I do understand but, if those gadgets won't make any difference in the gunplay or the Ergos of the Weapon, I for one could do w/o and it is important to me that, if more money goes to making a decent missions and less money goes to nice looking skins well, why not.

I am not here insulting anyone, just expressing an opinion on what I think and believe money should go and why.

I may not have gone into the military but that does not mean I don't own a gun or that I have not fired many a different weapons and I do like have mine to have all the bells and whistles but the few things I will have do make a lot of difference and will not be there just for looks.

Again, if changing one gadget for another will make a difference, I am ALL for it. For instance, I would love to be able to swap my silencer for a Flash reducer (as an example) instead of only being able to go back to the standard end/tip of the weapon when the suppressor is removed.

I love weapons but I don't drool over images of it nor have much importance in a game for it or just different skins

• Megalodon-26
    360 posts

@fcac-no-moe You might not place much priority on weapon cosmetics, but there's a large portion of the community that does. And based on how many improvements were made to the gunsmith in Breakpoint, I believe that Ubi finally realizes it, and will keep expanding on the gunsmith, for the next game.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1381 posts

@bigrexxx

So... eye candy more than function.

And as I explained before, I don't place any priority because it is purely cosmetic, it does not add anything to the gunplay and gameplay, just like dressing with a Ghillie suit in the jungle doesn't add anything to deter the enemy from seeing you, I much rather they spend the money and effort into making a proper story, missions, replayability is all... priorities for me and for a better GR game.

Now, if they make it where it does... then I will be ALL IN FOR IT.

Now, that's money well spent.

• Megalodon-26
    360 posts

@fcac-no-moe Some cosmetic changes to the weapons would also affect performance, such as a longer barrel would increase range and accuracy. While a shorter barrel would increase maneuverability and reduce time to aim, since it's lighter. But a handguard is a handguard, and the only difference in their functionality would be the types and number of attachments that can be equipped on it. Especially if they differentiate between available attachments for Picatinny rails and M-lok. But things like pistol grips and stocks, are primarily cosmetic, since you're not actually worried about how it feels in your hand, or against your cheek, like you would IRL. But then with stocks, if we are also given the option have them extended or not, they could have it increase stability if extended, versus increased handling if folded or collapsed.

But honestly, I don't think anyone here believes that Ubi will put that much thought into the gunsmith. So if we do get the ability to change handguards at all, it will likely be just what they did with the stocks, where we can only interchange the hanguards, between similar weapons. Like putting the handguard from the Mk-18, onto an HK416 for example.

• wapeddell
    33 posts

Since the forum marked my post as Spam here it is in a different form.

Suggested Topics