ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• JamesLogan491
    139 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3533 posts

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts on enabling the ability to save, whilst taking part in the River Raids.

As previously mentioned by Ubi-Borealis, we reached out to our dev team about your concerns and they confirmed that the River Raids are designed not to save intentionally, to make this event more challenging for players, as such, we will be moving this thread to our General Discussion area as feedback on the gameplay of River Raids.

In the meantime, if you experience either of the two issues mentioned previously in this thread, crashing or teleporting/floating Eivor, we would prefer if you can instead reply to our following threads individual threads about this issue, to gather any information we need, in a thread dedicated to that particular issue >

Constant crashes in-game > https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/128177/pc-experiencing-crashes-freezes-whilst-playing-assassin-s-creed-valhalla-post-here?lang=en-GB

Eivor flies upward and the game can desynchronize > https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/98472/eivor-sometimes-flies-up-to-the-sky-and-causes-a-desynchronization-post-here?lang=en-GB

Official Response
  • JamesLogan491
    139 posts

@freestepper There is absolutely no scenario where there are no glitches in this game, we are talking about Ubisoft. But I get your point and agree with what you are saying.

The argument that no saving is a design choice as part of a challenge is poppycock, even the moderators here replying with this shoot because they were told to do so know how unintelligent it sounds. There is no challenge on River Raids or anywhere else on this game. River Raids are the only end game activity so at least letting us circumvent the time loss caused by glitches by saving and not losing hours of gameplay should be a logical conclusion. That said, even in the impossible scenario of this game being free of glitches as you proposed, this unintelligent argument still wouldn't hold as you pointed out.

Arguably, the only challenge in this game resides on the Mastery Challenges, so keep in mind that as frustrating as some of those were, at least they were multiple quick runs that you could save in between. I got gold on those upon release and remember how the poor stealth system in this game was cheating people over on one of the challenges to the point Ubisoft had to adjust the gold medal requirement for it later. I got it prior to said adjustment and I can say that there was no fun at all there, just angrily doing things over and over hoping the game wouldn't let an enemy see me through a wall or the bow aiming wouldn't cheat me over triggering a stun instead of a headshot.

An argument could also be made for the free roam bosses but those are non-replayable and when I did those, some of them were glitched and would simply regenerate to full health mid-fight, but those also allowed for saving before the fight so it was frustrating having to deal with Ubisoft's lack of quality assurance but not as much as with River Raids.

On a side note, I gave up on the raid yesterday after Eivor dived through the map. Decided to try it again today only for one and a half hours into the run, Eivor to teleport into a wall after opening a chest, getting stuck in place on an infinite falling animation triggering death after a 30-40 seconds wait. Needless to say I'm extremely annoyed at the unintelligent game "design". As I said, whomever was the unintelligent or unintelligents who thought this "design choice" was a good idea has no freaking clue how this game works and what sorts of poor programing poppycock its players deal with. I've lost count of how many raids and hours I've lost due to these bugs.

EDIT: My comment/reply was deleted and I got a warning for "Inappropriate Language" which is weird since I didn't circumvent any word censoring filters nor used any offensive language inciting violence, harassment, abuse towards forum members, mods or staff of the boards or support. It is strange of @Ubi-Milky to give me a warning on language that has never bothered any other moderators. Matter of fact, never even had a problem with anyone on this forum. But there is no point on arguing about it and since English is not my first language, I looked up some more polite synonyms for any expressions that might have been to much for his/her particular standards. Weirdly enough, some of the words were not considered unpolite when looked up on online dictionary websites but I changed them anyways just to be safe. I don't think it was right to delete the comment when editing it would have been enough considering it was a proper message and not just a bunch of profanity as its deletion might imply. I "fixed" the expressions and this edit is by no means a provocation, just a clarification.

• JamesLogan491
    139 posts
    @freestepper There is absolutely no scenario where there are no glitches in this game, we are talking about Ubisoft. But I get your point and agree with what you are saying.

The argument that no saving is a design choice as part of a challenge is poppycock, even the moderators here replying with this shoot because they were told to do so know how unintelligent it sounds. There is no challenge on River Raids or anywhere else on this game. River Raids are the only end game activity so at least letting us circumvent the time loss caused by glitches by saving and not losing hours of gameplay should be a logical conclusion. That said, even in the impossible scenario of this game being free of glitches as you proposed, this unintelligent argument still wouldn't hold as you pointed out.

Arguably, the only challenge in this game resides on the Mastery Challenges, so keep in mind that as frustrating as some of those were, at least they were multiple quick runs that you could save in between. I got gold on those upon release and remember how the poor stealth system in this game was cheating people over on one of the challenges to the point Ubisoft had to adjust the gold medal requirement for it later. I got it prior to said adjustment and I can say that there was no fun at all there, just angrily doing things over and over hoping the game wouldn't let an enemy see me through a wall or the bow aiming wouldn't cheat me over triggering a stun instead of a headshot.

An argument could also be made for the free roam bosses but those are non-replayable and when I did those, some of them were glitched and would simply regenerate to full health mid-fight, but those also allowed for saving before the fight so it was frustrating having to deal with Ubisoft's lack of quality assurance but not as much as with River Raids.

On a side note, I gave up on the raid yesterday after Eivor dived through the map. Decided to try it again today only for one and a half hours into the run, Eivor to teleport into a wall after opening a chest, getting stuck in place on an infinite falling animation triggering death after a 30-40 seconds wait. Needless to say I'm extremely annoyed at the unintelligent game "design". As I said, whomever was the unintelligent or unintelligents who thought this "design choice" was a good idea has no freaking clue how this game works and what sorts of poor programing poppycock its players deal with. I've lost count of how many raids and hours I've lost due to these bugs.

EDIT: My comment/reply was deleted and I got a warning for "Inappropriate Language" which is weird since I didn't circumvent any word censoring filters nor used any offensive language inciting violence, harassment, abuse towards forum members, mods or staff of the boards or support. It is strange of @Ubi-Milky to give me a warning on language that has never bothered any other moderators. Matter of fact, never even had a problem with anyone on this forum. But there is no point on arguing about it and since English is not my first language, I looked up some more polite synonyms for any expressions that might have been to much for his/her particular standards. Weirdly enough, some of the words were not considered unpolite when looked up on online dictionary websites but I changed them anyways just to be safe. I don't think it was right to delete the comment when editing it would have been enough considering it was a proper message and not just a bunch of profanity as its deletion might imply. I "fixed" the expressions and this edit is by no means a provocation, just a clarification.

Now I got a "Warning for arguing with moderation 'back seat moderation". What a shame but at least I learned a new English expression: "might is right". I'll move on since it is pointless to appeal this and I just hope there is no persecution after this sad incident.

• NaiveGeoduck788
    2 posts

For the THIRD time in 24 hours I have lost over an hour of progress doing a river raid because Eivor has become stuck in the scenery (wall, barrel, etc). The last time I was thrown by a goliath into a bunch of barrels. The character model just started spasming until it auto killed me. This is ABSURD. I am furious that this keeps occurring. This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED when players keep losing hours of progress through no fault of their own. And no, i don't have a video clip and I will not provide one. This is a known issue that keeps happening. Listen to your players and allow autosave at least ONCE during a river raid. The risk/reward should be based on dying from making a mistake, not playing roulette with this glitchy mess of a game mode. I have been an Ubisoft fan for years. I own all of the AC games and I can say I have never been more angry at this game than I am right now.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    2297 posts

Hey there @NaiveGeoduck788. Thank you for taking the time to get in touch and welcome to the forums. I understand that you would like saving to be possible during River Raids. It is important to note that the ability to not save during River Raids is a key feature, as it increases the risk and reward of the raids. That said I will gladly forward your feedback over to the development team so that they can be aware of what you have stated. We would also be happy to look further into these locations where you get stuck, but I understand that you do not want to provide any videos showing examples. If you do happen to reencounter a location where you are stuck, it would be greatly appreciated if you could provide a video example so that I could also forward it to the team. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to let me know.

• Gayngel2019
    24 posts

I'm really disappointed by the response because I don't think the devs understand or have been informed correctly about the actual issue players are experiencing. The issue is NOT about losing unbanked loot due to intended means i.e dying during a raid. The issue here is we are losing unbanked loot because of unintended problems with the game that the player should not have to be experiencing.ie crashes and bugs. Banking loot and being able to save with unbanked loot are two different issues that need to be separated. We should be able to save in river raids keeping unbanked loot over the save but then only be able to spend loot if it is banked by returning to Ravensthorpe without dying. If we die during the raid then yes we lose the unbanked loot. If a bug/crash occurs during a raid we should be able to revert to a previous save so that most progress in the raid is not lost, particularly if the crash happens when at the end of a long raid and you lose all of hundreds/thousands of loot. Having to go back to Ravensthorpe every 2 minutes just because bugs and crashes are anticipated and do occur is really frustrating and I'm sure not the intended way to do a raid.

Another solution could be to get Reda's associates involved but instead of quests for opals we can pay them to send loot home to Ravensthorpe so it is banked. Maybe 3 or 4 of them scattered on each raid map near the farms or something.

• JamesLogan491
    139 posts

@gayngel2019 the fact such bugs still exist in the game, the River Raid unintelligent intended design choices, the support and "reply" offered to those pointing out the issues, the disconnection between dev team and players. The key word is indeed "disappointment".

Like you said, I doubt the devs even understand what the problem is if that poppycock answer is the best they can do.

• Freestepper
    Original poster 171 posts

@gayngel2019 No, we should be able to save during river raids and if we die, we should reload last save in river raid with all the loot we collected. There is zero fun to lose 2 hours of game play because of dying and because of bug.

• Azhrei21
    122 posts
    as it increases the risk and reward of the raids

lol oh please, I can steamroll over the forts alone without calling my crew in. We want to save not just because of crap he mentioned, but THEY TAKE QUITE AWHILE to hit each spot on the map.

• RedBeardedGiant
    4 posts

@ubi-gizmo

Hey,

I also lost a couple of hours of progress due to crashes. I get the risk/reward thing and I understand it to some degree. But with crashes being rather frequent with this game this is just really frustrating.

• RedBeardedGiant
    4 posts

@Ubi-Gizmo

My last two river raids both ended in crashes. Again three hours down the drain.
    I've started reducing the difficulty to get through it faster to reduce the chance of crashes but still... this just sucks.

• unqltango
    3 posts

@freestepper

It crashed for me 5 seconds before I left the area. Basically I was jumping into the boat, full with loot and about to press the Take command button when it crashed.

Super annoying.

• AORUS2017
    265 posts

@freestepper

No we don't need a save game in river raids👎 , if your worried about dying play it on easy mode if your not already on it!😆

• RedBeardedGiant
    4 posts

@aorus2017

I'd also prefer it not saving per se. But some kind of crash protection would be nice. Maybe an autosave everytime you start a raid which gets deleted when you die. So if the game crashes you can continue and only lose the progress of that location but dying has the same ramifications as right now.

• Simplethumb
    169 posts

@redbeardedgiant

That sounds like a good idea though I would like them to also enable the ability to leave the River Raid map/area anywhere, and not have to be on your boat.

This would help people who are trapped in the scenery or flying into the air if they quickly open their menu and select 'Leave Raid'.

• AORUS2017
    265 posts

@redbeardedgiant
    There is an auto save when you enter a red area in the game if you die it reloads, and you shouldn't die @535 god level vs 340 enemy level unless the player can't fight!

• Skauron
    18 posts

Well i see there was a 'suggestion' to just go back and bank the items you have etc, but doesn't this put that entire river onto high alert?

• RedBeardedGiant
    4 posts

@aorus2017

> There is an auto save when you enter a red area in the game
    Not in river raids 🙂

> @535 god level vs 340 enemy level
    I'm 190 and play on all difficulty settings maxed out usually. It is possible when playing careful but two mistakes and I'm dead. But that's not the point. I don't mind losing the progress when I die. I just don't like losing it to crashes.

• AORUS2017
    265 posts

@RedBeardedGiant 

Can you save the game in Restricted areas No, Raids is the same and Ubisoft won't change it because it is to test your experiences in game fighting.😀

Suggested Topics