ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• azullFR
    2235 posts

a tip for everybody,

as some bugs may occur during river raids :
    always perform a manual save just before talking to Vagn, if you encounter a bug during a river raid, it is recommended to use this manual save rather than the auto-save one made by the game (reloading from the auto-save can add bugs to bugs)

there was a thread about having a manual save in river raids until they are fully fixed, it has been moved here :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/149263/feedback-allow-saving-during-river-raids/1?lang=en-US

Nice day to all 🙂

• kilyan82
    60 posts

well during a finisher i got stuck in the ground, lost all progress we talk about one hour+...I can't get how for the devs this intended behaviour was ok...bug free maybe, a scenario that is quite impossible...

• ADarklore
    194 posts

Does anyone know, or theorize, how River Raids will work once the game is completely finished? Will they still be available or is it only during the time that Ubi is still technically working on the game? I'm assuming that festivals and such will go away, but I'm wondering if River Raids will disappear too or will there be one campaign still left for us to play?

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2309 posts

Hello @azullfr,

Thank you for sharing this! Have a good day as well! 🙂

Official Response
  • kilyan82
    60 posts

@azullfr what's the point to save before if i lose everything i got anyway? the only annoying thing to do, is to return to ravensthorpe after each succesful raid so it saves the progress, but would be simplier if when you return to your ship, after completing a raid you can save. Living with the constant fear to lose everything, a game should help relax not to get anxious...

• azullFR
    2235 posts

@kilyan82

what's the point to save before if i lose everything i got anyway?

the only point is avoiding bugs on bugs due to an auto-save reload.

The anxiogenic game design is a choice made by Ubi, as they already stated in the thread I previoulsy linked : they won't change this.
    I think they are just giving a try to see how rogue-like games or side-activities, using us as test subjects, could help them making more money in future Ubi games.

• azullFR
    2235 posts

@adarklore
    they should stay in the game as they are not time limited events like the Festivals.

Once the river raids quests are finished you can still raid all these maps, I think this will stay at this stage.

• azullFR
    2235 posts

@kilyan82
    A whole set of maps without any possibility of securing its progression despite the plethora of bugs list of this game: it seems that some have been a "little" too optimistic about the reliability of their code 😉

• Simplethumb
    139 posts

@azullfr

I agree, in my time playing Odyssey I had 1 'big' bug that affected my UI (my skills would be greyed out but still usable only while playing on the Hades map).

Also the things I definitely preferred in Ody was more combat animations, more kill animations (that I never got bored of) and more quests (giving a reason to travel around the map and see more places) but I do prefer the location in ACV. (I'll leave the list of things I prefer in ODY at that otherwise it'd be a very long list lol 🙂 ). I will go back to ODY at some point but I put in over 500 hours (at least) so I'm not ready to play it again just yet.

Yeah I concur it'll take a long time for RR bugs to be fixed... maybe that might never get fixed because theres so many bugs in many different parts of the game (and they release patches so slowly) that Ubi might not even get to the point were the game is (nearly) bug free. Because of what has happened with ACV and how the many bugs it has had (and how long they've been left unfixed) it has really put me off buying any new Ubisoft game until months after its final DLC (Which if they keep the ACV model could be 2 years or longer).

Normally as a rule I don't use auto saves in games (if it has manual saves) because I prefer to use saves that I know I've made (where it saved, at the point of the game I want) but because ACV crashes so much I've sort of been forced to use them, but I'm thankful for you warning much the same 🙂

• Simplethumb
    139 posts

@azullfr

I haven't played RR's much lately because of the bugs but if they're able to be played offline then as you say, they should always be available because they're not tied to being online, like the festivals.

• azullFR
    2235 posts

@simplethumb

they should always be available because they're not tied to being online, like the festivals.

👍
    I didn't thought about the online argument, many thanks to you for this perfect argument and reminder 👍

For Odyssey, I came back to it because :

1. it's still installed (still haven't finished my first playthrough... I won't tell how much hours I spent on it : it's insane ...and now I am on 2 playthroughs... 🤡 )
    2. because I knew there was soon coming back a good item from a weekly contract (Ausexia's helmet)
    3. for the pleasure to restart from scratch with a mind-relaxing (nearly) bug-free state of the game

The thing that despairs me the most in Valhalla is that this game had everything to become a masterpiece in the world of gaming : wasted by the thirst for easy and fast money of some people of Ubi management (workplace harrassment, unfinished game, very poorly tested game, etc.) 😞

• AORUS2017
    259 posts

@azullfr

The thing that despairs me the most in Valhalla is that this game had everything to become a masterpiece in the world of gaming : wasted by the thirst for easy and fast money of some people of Ubi management (workplace harrassment, unfinished game, very poorly tested game, etc.)

Ac Odyssey was design with UBI Quebec, Singapore, Sofia. AC Valhalla design by UBI Montreal, Sofia, Bordeaux. As for the workplace harassments last report 2021 this has nothing to do an unfinished/poorly test game etc. Because Valhalla/DOR is still playable and River Raid was free content and there is Mega thread to fix the bugs/Crashes The 1.5.2 TU patch is coming out this month☺

As for the reply I made to you but you didn't understand me! I was replying this part of your post.

I agree with the idea that there should be an optional manual save before each camp until these bugs are fixed
    (but I'm sure Ubi won't do that... just because this will be to much work for them, game design is just an excuse to avoid doing this work : the fix requested in this thread is requested because of these bugs, only one people posted here, in this thread, asking for this request without talking about bugs ... only one.)

• ADarklore
    194 posts

@aorus2017 Where exactly do you get your information that Odyssey and Valhalla were 'designed by' all those different studios? As far as I'm aware, Odyssey was strictly created/designed by UBI Quebec and Valhalla by UBI Montreal. This was FAR before the war even started... you know... the war that has only been going since Feb 24th. The only collaboration I recall, was when UBI announced about their 'future project' in which they stated devs from UBI Quebec and UBI Montreal were both working on it together. Now they recently announced that UBI Montreal has shifted to working on "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time".

Typically when a game is created, it is NOT shared across multiple studios... one studio is assigned the project, I've never known a game to be made that is spread across multiple studios.

• AORUS2017
    259 posts

@adarklore
    My mistake not Ukraine/ Montreal edit my post😥

Ubisoft Singapore made Legacy of the first blade, Odyssey, Fate of Atlantis, Shadow Heritage, Hunted, and bloodline was UBI Quebec, Sofia.

Ac Valhalla DLC Dawn of Ragnarok was design by UBI Sofia, DLC Wrath of Druids was UBI Bordeaux, Valhalla was Montreal now in right order☺

You can read it here who worked on the games so it was shared across the studios
    https://assassinscreed.fandom.com/wiki/Ubisoft

• azullFR
    2235 posts

@aorus2017

• About studios that worked on Valhalla (DLCs included):

AC Valhalla started with Montréal core studio with 16 co-dev studios (Ubi ones and also external studios) and had up to (I quote Julien Laferrière himself) :

"like a thousand studios."

• About :
    but you didn't understand me!

I perfectly understood what you wrote.

• About the rest, again :

Your opinion is yours, no problem with that, I will not try to change it in any way, take note that concerning the workplace harrassment I didn't mentionned the

last report 2021

(maybe you should have a more in depth look at the report you mentionned...)
    so in order to avoid any unnecessary antagonism or controversy, while following your own advice, I

move on😀

Have a nice day.

• Simplethumb
    139 posts

@azullfr

Lol, I thought my 500+ hours was bordering on insane but I won't pry 😄

On my first playthrough I did leave some of the quests in the main game because I was getting slightly worn out by the game and wanted to move onto the DLC maps. I started the 2nd (NG+) playthrough and did the quests I missed first, though I haven't finished my 2nd playthrough now I think about it.

I agree about the game's upper management taking the game in a bad direction. I really would love for the 'lower' devs, the artists, map makers, story writers etc to be in charge of the games developement path.

• azullFR
    2235 posts

@simplethumb

I really would love for the 'lower' devs, the artists, map makers, story writers etc to be in charge of the games developement path.

I'm pretty sure games would more "gamer friendly" 🙂

For Odyssey, I play "slowly" : on my new game I just reached level 90 today after (If I'm correct) 250 hours and ... just started "Welcome to Athens" (just talked once with Perikles) ... I farm a lot (maybe too much...) 😂

• Simplethumb
    139 posts

@azullfr

Yeah, I think 90% of bad game choices come from the top end of game studios all for the love of money as you mentioned.

I play slow as well. In ACOdy I didn't use fast travel as much because I enjoyed the sailing, also while going on quests, the travelling across the countryside on horseback felt like part of the 'adventure'. Ubi can make some beautiful towns and cities, I just wish they'd add more stuff to do in them, to give us a reason to explore more (and be able to see and appreciate the work the devs have put into these towns and cities)

But if they did do that, you and I probably still wouldn't have finished ODY by now lol 😛

• Darkomi87
    1 posts

Is there anyone else that keeps falling through the map on river raids? I jump off a ledge or a wall or even attack with a melee skill attack and about 30% of the time i fall through the map and die usually losing vikings in the process of dieng. i have yet to be able to complete a single river raid after the tutorial one because once i get to a small camp or fortification i end up falling through the ground and while also losing everything in the process.

• Simplethumb
    139 posts

@darkomi87

It does happen frequently for a lot of people.

I've stopped doing River raids mostly, but when I have done it I try to only do a few locations at a time, so probably under 40 minutes time limit. (That includes me doing the area in stealth, alone, before calling in my crew/vikings for the doors and chests).

Also I don't do airborne type of skills and when I'm ready to leave the mission (if I've got something good or it's been long enough) I actually only run/walk back to my ship lol, I don't drop off of walls/ledges etc, I use the stairs like a good lil viking 😄

Also I learned from @azullFR not to use the auto-created autosave the game makes before a River raid starts. (if your game crashes and you want to jump back in ASAP).

Suggested Topics