ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Skauron
    Original poster 18 posts

Between 2 and 4 hours in just a short space of time, so much spam, its absolutely crazy that its remained here so long. I've been a forum moderator a number of times, so i know the tools that can be used on a good forum, and certainly expect them to be present on this redesigned Ubisoft forum. Its bad enough that forum topics each take up more vertical space than they need to as it is.. (tbh preferred the old forum for this reason!) but when you have to sift through 4-5 pages of repeated spam .. then you see ONE game related topic then several more spam, you just have to wonder.. WHEN are these spam posts actually going to be removed.

Come on Ubisoft, this is 2022 now, empower your moderators to clear this spam down if you've not done so already as it makes your customers not want to visit.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ChuckKatse
    353 posts

@skauron Their game is a disaster and so are their forums. Problem is they don't care. Counted over 7 pages of spam not even related to AC Valhalla. AlI they need is a person to look at who is posting the spam and block their account. If they want to keep on posting, Ubisoft just blocks the new account.

• Skauron
    Original poster 18 posts

They can go further than just blocking the account if they were so inclined. IP banning is one method but there are others.

I'd just beaten the base game so kicked off my download of the dlc's and thought i'd check the forums, but when i got here, it looks like ragnarok has already happened.

I will totally admit that AC Valhalla has been as challenging to keep it from crashing as it was to actually play, and my first few days i v. nearly uninstalled it due to the oh no it crashed! issues, but once i disabled the in-game overlay it became playable with just the odd oh no! crash now and again, but hey this is now the forums.. and i remember when they switched to this disastrous redesign of a forum and as a result i posted so infrequently i may as well have been a new forum member.

This spam though, honestly if they spent more time dealing with spam and less time copy/pasting fixes that JUST DON'T WORK, there would be a spam free forum but no, 7 pages is ridiculous, any good admin/mod would have spotted that in the first 30 minutes and begun mitigation of it.

• XBL_Laberbacke
    569 posts

@skauron Use the forum search for variations of "apologies for the delay" or similar and look up how long after the thread creation the moderators reply all the time. Just got one after 11 days. No idea what these people are doing in the meantime.

• Wascaliwabbit
    54 posts

easy solution is just rate-limit the number of posts a user can make, and flag any user making a large number of them

• AORUS2017
    276 posts

@wascaliwabbit
    Also any links to videos must be checked with this website if any contain torrent/spam names you get banned or the new users can't post any video on his/her first post

Suggested Topics