ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Draevik
    Original poster 6 posts

Straight to it. A lot of these settings could be toggle options incorporated into the menu customization system.

GENERAL

1. First off, keep all the customization options for difficulty and play-mode, having realism and RPG options is awesome.

VEHICLES

1. More realistic handling physics. All vehicles and helicopters handle like some kind of weird arcade game.
    2. No more indestructible vehicles, go off a cliff and die .
    3. No more mountain climbing vehicles except those designed to climb steep slopes etc.

WEAPONS

1. Better ballistics on rounds. Different rounds suited more to different situations essentially. No more weird tracer effect on rounds that you shoot, and way less bullet drop depending on caliber and barrel length.
    2. Suppressors aren't magic death stealth machines. They just lower the decibel level. Make it so that you can get different variants that have different decibel level lowering capabilities. This is especially important for realistic mode, and definitely can lend itself to the RPG aspect of the game as well. Lower sound level can reduce damage etc to balance out the benefit. Please no pew-pew laser sounds. It still sounds like a gunshot, just lower volume.
    3. Subsonic ammo, this can work in conjunction with a suppressor, kind of necessary really to lower the decibel level of a round because it is not breaking the sound barrier and creating the sonic boom.
    4. Better customization of weapons: Could maintain an EASY MODE where it is basic options for people that just want to dive into the action. And a fully fleshed out system similar to Escape from Tarkov.
    5. Option to limit how many magazines can be brought with you in the options screen, this would be a general override of the vest customization options below.
    6. Ability to use iron sights with scopes etc, this ties into a more robust customization of weapons.

GEAR

1. Implement a weighted equipment system, higher protection rated gear could have a higher weight. All equipment weight would affect stamina drain, fatigue, and movement speed. Each gun would have a weight as well and would determine how long you can shoulder a weapon without arms tiring (fatigue weapon sway). Weight of gear could also tie into your stealth rating. IE Full battle rattle.
    2. This system could also tie into backpacks. instead of just a visual styling allow bigger packs to allow carrying more items. Bigger packs are detrimental to stamina etc though. Another drawback would be the act of "unpacking" items to add to the vest loadout. IE you have 5 grenades total, 2 equipped for quick access, and 3 stored in your pack. You would have to go into your menu to apply the customization to your loadout. This would have a small timer bar to simulate someone taking something out of their pack and getting it on.
    3. Allow the player to customize their loadout on their vest/belt/thigh rig, basically a system again similar to Tarkov, Like if your vest shows 8 mag pouches, you should be able to carry only that. The player could stack or remove pouches, each extra mag would effect loadout weight, stealth, mobility, fatigue, stamina drain etc. Everything would play into careful consideration in how they want to engage. This would also be a neat feature to have accessory pouches and you have to choose which items you bring with you. IE You only have enough room on your loadout for 3 grenades, 2 bandages, 3 syringes, 4 pistol mags, 8 rifle mags, or a few large shell pouches.
    4. Limited battery life on your drone and the necessity to have to repair/replace it if broken. Requirement to charge the battery or find new batteries (yes I am sure it would be a li-ion built in battery. This is just for the sake of gameplay.
    5. Limited battery life on NVG, FLIR
    6. Active ears (automatic volume attenuation ear protection) should alter your ability to hear ambient noise. With a good set you have the hearing of a super human. I have a low-end set in real life and can hear people whispering across the room. This lends itself to tactical play.

STEALTH

1. Foliage small objects etc would receive a vision penalty to AI. IE: 5 trees with little foliage are in the line-of-sight between the enemy AI and the player. Each tree is rated at 20% reduction to visibility, totaling 100% reduction to visual acuity. IE the player is hidden. This is to combat the cheese that happens when enemies have detected you and proceed to shoot the player through foliage so thick that there is no way they could see or identify a target.
    2. Clothing color effects stealth dependent on surrounding terrain color. Solid black and navy would work great at nighttime, or in very dark shadows. But ineffective in foliage with sun contact etc. This is probably way too advanced for current systems, this is more of an actual AI function I am sure.
    3. Terrain based stealth, meaning walking in puddles, walking on gravel, or stepping on glass would produce more noise.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1385 posts

Realism and RPG options mixed in a Modern Era Military Squad Based shooter... can you really have both of them? if so, how exactly?

I stop reading afterwards because I wanted to know, otherwise, I can't contribute with an informed opinion

• Draevik
    Original poster 6 posts

@fcac-no-moe

That is why I had briefly prefaced my suggestions with also having the ability to toggle each aspect on or off. Or toggle between RPG and realism etc. If you want a hardcore military sim, simplyt oggle all the realism options. Want a mix? Toggle between to customize how YOU want to play. This would cater to all parties.

Besides, most off these suggestions could be assigned numerical values to fit in with the RPG aspect, others would fit both styles without the necessity of an assigned value.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1385 posts

@draevik

Unfortunately for you and also for me, UBI's History has taught me a fact, they don't make the effort to do ANYTHING 100% and this is why they have been failing miserably, more so when it comes to the Ghost Recon Franchise. I rather they make the effort in just 1 Genre than 2 or 3 to appease everyone.

Don't get me wrong, your list could be extremely good, as good as we have seen in posted in this and the old forum, the problem is them, THEM not making it so.

Suggested Topics