ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Lap_12
    Original poster 1 posts

Hi,

After updating the game today (13th of April), I realised that all my achievements in game have been unlocked, along with their awarded characters portraits.

This is far from being the actual truth, as I haven't played any DLC I bought except from the Anarchist which I barely started. In fact, the achievements in my Ubisoft Connect app are the correct ones; it's only in game that they are wrong. Funnily enough, I even got an achievement for the new DLC Seeds of Change, even though I don't own it.

Last time I played/got an achievement was on the 5th of March. Was there an update since then that could have broken my achievements in my saves?
    The problem appears on all my saved games.

I saw a similar problem being reported back in September due to a launcher migration, however I bought Anno 1800 at the end of December (my first achievement dating from the 28th of December), therefore I'm assuming my bug has a different cause. Since the data on my Ubisoft Connect account is correct, surely there must be a way to retrieve it into my game? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it didn't help.

I hope you can fix this as this ruins my drive to play. Let me know if I can provide anymore useful files or information for my case or if you wish to get in touch by email.

Thanks in advance!

(P.S: I have some screenshots I would love to attach for proof, but I get an ERROR saying "Something went wrong while parsing server response" when trying to upload them to this post.)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Heavybadik
    4 posts

I have same problem. Please fix it.

• Heavybadik
    4 posts

After seeds of change update all achievements were unlocked. It is not unlocked in ubisoft connect just in game on all saves and in new game aswell. Please fix it as i lost my drive to play sandbox 😞

• ragnosjk
    4 posts

Hello, I have exactly same problem.

After the update 14 I have all achievements unlocked ingame (not in launcher) except the new ones from latest DLC and new scenario. All rewards and portraits are unlocked, even rewards from Eden Burning scenario that I did not even play yet.

I enjoy unlocking achievements in this game as it gives me some goals when starting new save, so this bug is very frustrating.

There should be way to reset achievements, if only ingame. I do not care what is in launcher.. Game developer should strongly consider this as way for customers to fix their accounts themselfs, because as I understand it once it is synced into the launcher it can't be reverted but other way around it could work? Players could earn achievements again ingame but launcher would ingore old ones and synced only new.

When uplay became connect and all rewards where supposed to be unlocked, that did not happen for me. I had to do some magic with transfering older files from uplay install and deleting cache to force resync and then my rewards unlocked. I do not remember exactly anymore, but it was solution some good soul found and made tutorial on old forum. I bet many players still have this problem. From what I see more problems come from how garbage connect launcher is, than from game developer. So when updating the game I always backup my account and save files manualy now as any user of this splendit software should.. Thankfully I was not affected by September bug that also unlocked achievements..

I will wait until next patch if this is addressed and/or I will try then to fix my account with files from my manual backup as bugged files are now uploaded in cloud saves. I think because achievements are still locked in launcher, it can be salvaged this way.. Maybe someone from community finds solution like it wast with rewards..

I can provide account files from before and after update.

• ShamuManta
    3 posts

Same thing happened to me.😢

• ShamuManta
    3 posts

This also happened to me.😢
    This is what is shown in Connect which is True

This is what is shown ingame which is False
    Everthing is completed except for what is included in the new dlc.

• Ubi-Thorlof
    Anno 2070 Playtesters Anno Dev Team Community Developer 249 posts

Heyho, we're currently looking into this to figure out the cause of the issue. So far we have been unable to reproduce it after the update.

In the meantime, @ragnosjk , our QA asked me to reach out to you regarding those files you mentioned. Could you send us those files? For example via mail at this address.

Official Response
  • Pinepyi
    20 posts

Hey I just wanted to note the achievements reappeared as "locked" (aka back to normal/not unlocked) for me BUT I have access to all portraits that were originally locked by some of those achievements.

Edit- The achievements I didn't complete appear locked in Ubisoft Connect Launcher, but are still unlocked within the in game profile. So I was incorrect that achievements reappeared as "locked"- I was confusing the two area's we may view achievements

• Whistlepig78
    2 posts

@ragnosjk I would like to echo this comment about having a way to reset achievements in game. I had this happen with the September update and it unlocked all achievements up to High Rise, which totally killed my enjoyment of earning them myself. Please make resetting achievements an option Ubisoft!

• Shadow_Sentinel
    1 posts

Same problem here. I have tried deleting all my old saves and starting a new save. Deleting the cache for Ubisoft Connect. Uninstalling and removing all files related to the game then reinstalling. Only thing I haven't tried is trying to trigger an unfinished achievement to see if it even happens, but I don't have anything close.

• ragnosjk
    4 posts

So I'm back with some updates. I managed tu fix my account!

All reward from scenarios and portraits I didn't earned are locked againg and achievements are same ingame and in launcher.

This fix could also work for people with locked items that should be unlocked. But I'm afraid it will work only for people with correct state in connect and wrong ingame. If you have achievements unlocked in connect from September bug it won't work sadly.

Steps to fix account:
    1. disable cloud save sync in connect (this is inportant because otherwise game will load bugged accountdata.a7s from cloud again if you deleted/renamed it in documents)
    2. rename accountdata.a7s in ..\Documents\Anno 1800\accounts\<uuid>\ (this is your local account file)
    3. rename folder "4553" ..\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\<uuid>\ (this is cloud saves and one of the files with same size is also accountdata.a7s)
    4. launch game and verify that achievements are same ingame as in connect (I think what now happens is, that because game doesn't find account file in documents and in cloud saves it calls ubi server where correct achievements state is and creates new accountdata.a7s)
    5. enable cloud save sync in connect
    6. close game (you might need to open and close again to trigger save sync)
    7. new fixed accountdata.a7s will sync with cloud

I played new sandbox save and earned new achievement correctly so I'm conviced it's fixed. I hope it will work for others!

@Shadow_Sentinel Make sure you disabled cloud saves when you try to force game to generate new account file, see my first step.

@Pinepyi @ShamuManta @Lap_12 Try what I did, your situation is same as mine, fix should work for you.

@Whistlepig78 I think way to "reset achievement" ingame is only way to fix it for you or ubi support should have tools to modify player achievement states (it is few records in ubi database somewhere after all).

I also find new bug (I think next time new DLC comes out I will wait for first patch before playing :D) with achievement "Living it Large" - Achieve a population of 2000 on a single island, using only hacienda residence buildings. It unlocked when I got 2000 population, but in old world and I just began to settle new world. Not event hacienda available to build yet (it was new save on fixed account file). Before this another achievement unlocked correctly.

@Ubi-Thorlof Email link you gave is blank, please post again where to send those files. I have prepared four files for your QA.. old u13 account file, bugged u14 account file, fixed u14 account file and save with bugged "Living it Large" achievement.

• ShamuManta
    3 posts

@ragnosjk

it worked but

I followed the instructions and now the achievements show up correct ingame, but all portraits that i had unlocked are greyed out , which i am now unable to unlock

• Imperatis98
    1 posts

@ragnosjk

Same for me.

All achievements are displayed correctly, but my portraits are also gone.

• Whistlepig78
    2 posts

@ragnosjk Thanks for all the suggestions, you're doing great work! You are right that it didn't work for me since the September bug unlocked them on the launcher and in game. I tried and no luck. I'll ask Ubisoft to reset my achievements but I'm not holding out much hope they can help...

• TomoSojiro
    11 posts

Piggybacking on this thread, since im in the exact same boat.... ever since the last season update. Any way to fix this? Ingame all achievements are ticked off, in launcher... not so much

• Heavybadik
    4 posts

@ragnosjk working for me, thank you very much

• ragnosjk
    4 posts

@ShamuManta @Imperatis98 I checked my portraits, I didn't unlocked that many but those that should are unlocked. Pretty strange how inconsistently these unlocks and sync behave for different users, it should be simple check of achievements againts unlocks. Maybe prepare your account files as well for ubi QA.

You can always revert to previous account data file, but now it is choice between unlocked portraits vs. fixed achievements, be sure to backup both as we will se how / if ubi tries to fix it with next patch. You can start new save with unlocked portraits account and then switch to fixed achievements one, but I didn't test if that will work without issues..

@Heavybadik Out of interest, what is state of your portrait unlocks?

• Heavybadik
    4 posts

@ragnosjk I was not watching for portraits to much, but i have checked them now and those i should have unlocked via my already completed achievements are locked.

• TomoSojiro
    11 posts

During the last update all my achievements (except seeds of change) got unlocked in-game, however they are not ticked off at Ubi connect. Now i cant unlock the achievements anymore (since in-game it says i have them, yet i dont.... as stated at ubi connect). I was running a rather long save i had been playing for ages in order to unlock several achievements, yet now i can't get them anymore... Any chance for a fix? I want my World peace which was bugged earlier also (see bug reports :P)

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3019 posts

Hello everyone, thanks for letting us know some of the achievements have unlocked for you in-game.

This happened before in a previous update for the main campaign achievements and we were unable to re-lock these for players.

Can you let us know what the name of these achievements are, if they are part of the DLC, or perhaps circle a screenshot of the achievements that are suddenly unlocked for you?

Official Response

Suggested Topics