ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ArnudSwazaneger
    Original poster 63 posts

I love the Division 2, but also love the first game. I think it's the setting, the snow, the blizzards, the gloom and doom feeling it gave me. Not sure. I would love to see it get Division 2 quality of life improvements though. I would happily play through it again.

It would be amazing to go from Division 1 section of New York with the same agent you created into Division 2 section of New York, the way they have it now in Division 2 how you can go from DC to NYC.

Maybe even add a winter season to the Division 2 and see how that goes? Please?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    390 posts

@arnudswazaneger
    Man you are so right, an integration of both games would be great. But my emotions are a bit different than yours. When I first time started division 1 game I was simply stunned, when I started division 2 campaign I was shocked and frustrated, could even not play, thought something went wrong in installation, had the feeling I am looking at a much older game.

For me it’s not summer vs winter. I like the summer looks as well. A dynamic season model would be great though 😁. Would require a further Xbox generation I assume 💪.

After having played both games more than 2500 hours each, being at SHD 6.500 right now, I still have the same emotions. If Division 1 would have open world content in endgame I probably wouldn’t play Division 2 at all.

My struggles with division 2: wrong design direction, they put so many kitchy/cartoonish elements into the open world, in limited areas/missions you get tense feelings that fit to the story, to much focus on tourist areas for missions, cartoonish unrealistic looks of the enemies, gameplay worsened because of focus on technical elements instead of designing realistic tasks with storylink that provides emotions. Open world content with steril nonsense tasks, completely without any link to story and extremely repetitive. In Division 2 they focused on the wrong things, technical frippery and modes. Of course much easier to develop than real content, it started already with the additions to Division 1 … frustratingly they still continue as we could see in latest information/PTS …

Would love to see an upgrade of Division 1 one day.

• Avalanche81
    24 posts

@gnarlyatol1793 I very much doubt it will happen, now-a-days, the games are focused more on seasonal content, over story content......Destiny 2 is now like that, the stories are very minimal and feels like just tached on and it feels like a game mode with some dialogue instead of an actual story, Division 2, 1-30 is awesome like that, WONY not so much, they REALLY broke the rules in that expansion, allowing the Rogue Agents of the Expansion to use multiple skills at once........Keener used 4 skills at once, while blocking me from using a single skill, i dread to wonder how a skill based player was able to do that mission.

I love stories, i tend to get severely bored of these manhunts, they are just doing the same missions, AGAIN...and AGAIN.....why couldn't they do a proper redesign of those missions, when you are doing a manhunt? but nope, repetative and boring.

Story over seasonal content all the way for me.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    390 posts

@avalanche81
    I couldn’t agree more

• GnarlyAtol1793
    390 posts

@avalanche81
    hahaha, yeah final Keener battle I mostly skip. In some missions I skip the final battle because of nonsense tasks.

Well, I also do not expect that they would realize something that fits to our understanding of content, they have proven over years that they won’t.

For me it’s a riddle that they continuously wasting resources. Can’t get in my head what is going on in their brains.

Actually there is no need for big things. With small things they could achieve a lot, so many low hanging fruits, requiring limited efforts.

Most of my play time is in the open world despite I dislike most of the tasks, especially the sheer endless number of public executions and propaganda. The reason why I like to play open world is, well on the one hand the great visuals (apart from the downsides I mentioned before), I like to discover, and the random NPCs on the streets. The latter reduce the repetitive feeling and feels a bit more real. Would be so easy to include some realistic and motivating tasks without big efforts.

Yesterday I helped a friend in his campaign of a new character and we did Pentagon. I love the visuals of both Pentagon missions. No kitchy/cartoonish stuff there, simply great,

What I recognized was, that I forgot the outside area of Pentagon which is used in campaign only. Why? Such a waste! Could be used in endgame, even for very simple tasks only. Better than nothing. The game is full with waste.

• Avalanche81
    24 posts

@gnarlyatol1793 Wouldn't it be cool if they learned to read the forums and listen to us instead of their desire to not actually do any work and used the Unreal 5 Engine for Division 3 and doing a remaster of both Division 1 and 2 and doing a launcher type thing similar to Mass Effect Legendary Edition.....where we could even transfer our characters cosmetic items, crafting materials from Division 1 to Division 2 and then 3, like a relative inheretence or like Mass Effect Shepard importing....or atleast give bonus crafting resources that you will find in your stash when you get to your base of operations and when it comes to crafting materials and schmetics, they should be account wide, by default, instead of needing to wait until world tier 3 to buy the item to allow it.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    390 posts

@avalanche81
    ouh yeah! A remaster of division 1 with good open world content in endgame, that would be great. Would be happy to pay 100 bucks for it.

• Avalanche81
    24 posts

@gnarlyatol1793 Well, if they did do that, it would be like 3 games in one...in a way, like Mass Effect Legendary Edition, seperate games, but one launcher type of thing and depending on how they did Division 3, Division 1 and 2 would be remastered to be like division 3.....and the new skill available in ALL 3 games will be a night vision goggle type of thing, which is only useful in dark places like night time.......or Heat vision or something that allows you to see in the dark and for the duration of you using those goggles, you can see the enemies in the dark....since they can see you easily, while you can't....kinda makes it unfair.

Suggested Topics