ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 4 Likes/33 Replies/2716 Views
    SiKiTtOyA
    Original poster 49 posts

Not sure how this is still not fixed yet. Imagine if steam had this issue. People would flip, but I'm sure it wouldn't take Valve over a year to fix! This is just terrible how it is still not working. Not sure why Ubisoft locked the original thread either on this issue. Even with clean install of UC I still have this issue with achievements not showing on screen. I do however get the notification for challenges.

Ubisoft, seriously? Get it together. A core part of your launcher is not working and should no way take this long to fix.

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/103471/ubisoft-connect-achievements-challenges-notifications-still-not-popping-up-in-game?lang=en-US&page=1

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there @SiKiTtOyA, @Lupine-7 & @InfinityGhostSP!

As shared in the original thread, we have forwarded your feedback about core challenge / achievement notifications in-game to the dedicated teams for further consideration. For now, we can confirm that it is working as intended that no notification pops up when a core challenge / achievement has been obtained.

We are unable to guarantee that any changes will be made to implement a core challenge / achievement notification system in-game. If any changes are to be made, these will be shared on our official platforms and within any patch notes for future updates to Ubisoft Connect.

The original thread you have linked, @SiKiTtOyA, was locked as there was no further updates we could provide you in the thread. You can read the statement provided by our team when that thread was closed below:

As we have passed on a lot of feedback about this and there's nothing we can add to this thread other than what has been said multiple times already, the thread will be locked for now. We will unlock it to post any updates on the issue should we hear of anything back from the Ubisoft Connect team. Please be assured that Customer Support have done all we can and have continued to request updates for this and want to see this improved for you too and we will let you know whatever we can when we can. 

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • jamesonL_
    4 posts

Hello friends from Ubisoft!

Since "Uplay" was discontinued for the arrival of "Ubisoft Connect", after numerous updates, they haven't brought back the option to see achievements by overlay (Shift + F2) and even after getting an achievement in games, it doesn't show a pop-up as it used to show. (Tested in various games like Breakpoint, Wildlands, Watch dogs legion).

I think a lot of people like to follow the achievements and now it's difficult because the only way to see it is to leave the game and open the "Ubisoft Connect" app to see them.

Thank you all for hard work and I hope you have this option in the future!

• Blackwolfe5
    24 posts

@jamesonl_

Yeah, bring the achievement popups back!

The uplay overlay was great, it was snappy and everything and most of all, it had achievement popups. The Ubisoft connect overlay on the other hand.. it's slow, it looks kind of bad (apparently big ugly tiles is trendy among Ux developers these days), it doesn't have achievement popups or even a way to view achievements.

Ubisoft Connect feels like a downgrade from Uplay to be honest.

• Ubi-Kay
    Community Manager 38 posts

Hello and thank you for the feedback.

We're aware of the importance of this request and understand your disappointment this feature is not available. This feature is under evaluation but unfortunately we have nothing further to share at the moment.

Thanks.

Official Response
  • evlampi
    1 posts

What's the point of having achievements if I don't see when I get them?
    The most basic feature, and you can't do it for over a year. Also was already present in older client, it's so sad it's not even funny.

• anidais
    6 posts

@evlampi Agree. Why have achievements when you can´t see them in-game or get notifications? It should not be hard to implement. This is a basic feature supported by most major gaming clients. The fact it´s taken so long for them to re-enable this (it worked fine years ago before the ¨Connect¨ rebrand) makes me think they are not interested. Oh an then there´s the playtime counter which only works in select games. Is that also hard to implement across all games?

• Ghost_LeaderBG
    13 posts

I had already made a thread about this suggesiton a few months back and was going to make a new one again just now, but saw this thread.

Ubisoft Connect is now 1.5 years old, the previous client had the functionality, it is simply inexcusable for this feature to be missing. If your game has weekly challenges, 60+ core challenges and just as many achievements, you NEED to see their completion on screen. At the very least add a distinct completion sound, so we're at least aware that we've unlocked something. Having to check the challenges and achievements by constantly alt-tabbing is annoying and unfulfilling.

• Efai
    1 posts

Hey Ubisoft !

I'm extremely dissatisfied with your decisions.. the person who decided to not brought achievements and pop-ups in the new Ubisoft Connect client back, should be fired ! this is the most basic feature of all and yet, it's very important.. I play on steam mostly because of the achievements.. I don't really understand, why you make such a no-brain decision to remove achievements from in-game overlay, where the player can easily and conveniently track his progress or why you turned off the achievements pop ups altogether.. it really looks like you have no interest in players.. we want to see achievements and track them in overlay, we want to see pop-ups.. give us the option to turn the notification on/off at least, but don't remove them altogether, because for some of us, it's pointless to play the game without the thrill of seeing the achievement pop-up !

• Blackwolfe5
    24 posts

I mean at this point I am certain that the connect team don't care worth a damn.. if the cms indeed forwarded our concerns to the team and not just to the trashpile (where the connect overlay belongs in this state tbh)

"This feature is under evaluation" still.. for MONTHS (if not longer).. with zero... ZERO information..

• COSMAVOX
    1 posts

Yes please, I can't believe they haven't worked for this long.

Funnily enough I got a notification while playing AC Origins that Anno 1404 has an update available, so mid-game I can know when another game in my library has an update but I can't know when I achieved something in the game I'm currently playing? Where's the priorities?

As a previous UX designer myself I don't know how the whole new Ubisoft Connect platform managed to get developed without achievement pop-ups being kept in, it worked fine before and didn't need any changes.

And what also makes the decision harder to understand is that Ubisoft added achievements into the PC version of Valhalla after fans complained about them not being included, so they went to the effort of adding them back in only for the player to need to alt-tab back to the Ubisoft client to see if something unlocked...

I don't think this is a bug/it's broken, you can't even view achievements in the overlay, I think they just straight up removed the functionality and that's why we never got a proper response in the previous thread and why it got locked.

• InfinityGhostSP
    1 posts

I thought I was the only one, but apparently nope. I didn't even know this has been going on for OVER A YEAR and it is NOT FIXED YET. It's unbelievable. I just checked what the achievements are on AC Odyssey because I wasn't getting any notification and I thought maybe they're hidden achievements or I have them disabled somehow. But then I went to check and I had a lot of the achievements already xd. So yeah, this is outrageous and I don't even know how the heck ubisoft hasn't fixed it. If you're going to put all those crapquests with thousands of question marks to make the game more durable at least let me get the satisfaction of watching that I completed them. FFS get your [censored] together

• Ubi-Borealis
    Best Answer

As shared in the original thread, we have forwarded your feedback about core challenge / achievement notifications in-game to the dedicated teams for further consideration. For now, we can confirm that it is working as intended that no notification pops up when a core challenge / achievement has been obtained.

We are unable to guarantee that any changes will be made to implement a core challenge / achievement notification system in-game. If any changes are to be made, these will be shared on our official platforms and within any patch notes for future updates to Ubisoft Connect.

The original thread you have linked, @SiKiTtOyA, was locked as there was no further updates we could provide you in the thread. You can read the statement provided by our team when that thread was closed below:

As we have passed on a lot of feedback about this and there's nothing we can add to this thread other than what has been said multiple times already, the thread will be locked for now. We will unlock it to post any updates on the issue should we hear of anything back from the Ubisoft Connect team. Please be assured that Customer Support have done all we can and have continued to request updates for this and want to see this improved for you too and we will let you know whatever we can when we can. 

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • SiKiTtOyA
    Original poster 49 posts

For now, we can confirm that it is working as intended that no notification pops up when a core challenge / achievement has been obtained.

What? How can no notification be working as intended? Than why is there even an option to show notifications for achievements in settings (SS below) if it is intended to not pop up? This makes absolutely no sense and a terrible way to justify why this not working.

If thats the case than have the team remove this option all together as it doesnt work for any game I have played in the last year or so. So it really is pointless. But I wont hold my breathe on that being fixed either.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thank you for sharing additional feedback with us, @SiKiTtOyA.

I've forwarded your suggestion to remove the "Show Notifications" tick-box for achievements to the dedicated teams so they can take a closer look at this as well.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • SiKiTtOyA
    Original poster 49 posts

@ubi-borealis I was be facetious. The issue with achievements not showing should be fixed!! 😠

• FeaRoFDerbi
    1 posts

I am SO DISAPPOINTED in Ubisoft. How can something so important as achievements notifications be deleted from your launcher. That makes NO SENSE to me. Seriously I have no word to describe how disappointed i am about Ubisoft Connect right now. The Ubisoft Team should be really ashamed of themselves. You make great games but fail to do the one simple thing that is to show Achievement unlock notifications. Wow wow wow........

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @FeaRoFDerbi! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding in-game achievement notifications. I've now shared your feedback with the dedicated teams for further consideration.

If any changes are to be made to the in-game notifications, and if this feature is to be added to Ubisoft Connect, then this information will be shared on our official platforms, so I'd recommend keeping an eye out for this.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Aslik_Ko
    2 posts

Hello Ubisoft. I allow myself to revive this subject because I also wish the return of notifications for achievements and more generally, a much better highlighting of achievements as on other platforms such as Steam, Origin or Epic Games. Why isn't there even a countdown or percentage of achievements on the games? We don't even have a small statistic such as 15/24 to see the progress on each game. Besides, why aren't unlocked achievements highlighted on player profiles? On the mobile application, it seems to me that one can consult the profile of his friends but it is not even possible on the PC version. Finally, why aren't the achievement APIs publicly available so sites like Exophase or GOG Galaxy can list those achievements? Achievements are an integral part of games today and this feature is clearly under-exploited at Ubisoft. I hope this message can give you some clues.

Thanks

• DragonAlex1
    11 posts

@ubi-borealis So instead of fixing the real problem you want to hide the checkbox, that you came through with your lie, that it is working as intended? RLY ??? ARE YOU JOKING???

Suggested Topics