ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MikeWeeks
    Original poster 391 posts

The studio simply can not repeat this as the default:

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• El_Cuervacho
    56 posts

@mikeweeks
    Must be that infamously narrow console FOV, it clearly affects enemies as well, although I have little confidence it be any different on PC...

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1285 posts

These little annoyances (and the game has plenty of them) are the ones that I can not accept, detrimental or not, game breaking or not, why? this is the priority (or should be) and it should not happen or be on a game like Ghost Recon. Hell, on any Shooter for that matter, let alone a GR game.

I know it won't make a bit of difference but every time I let it out I do feel good about it so is one negative vibe less I have inside LOL

• Eagleyezx
    138 posts

@mikeweeks The next game needs to have a low time to kill and AI should have all hostiles locked for a fire fight once exposed. The more challenging the game is, the more enjoyable and satisfying it will be.

• MikeWeeks

@el_cuervacho -- Actually, on the PC.

The image actually reflects only two of the most glaring poor studio design decisions - NPC narrow FOV and in this case, the AI team is invisible to the enemy - that's Fixit standing, tracking the NPC as it moved from this spot to one on the other side of the fence. However I could take my character and stand there - as I've done, to test just how narrow is the NPC FOV when not on alert and not moving around.

• AI.BLUEFOX
    246 posts

@mikeweeks the "invisible AI team mates is a real annoyance and one of the consequences of forcing a not-quite-good-enough autonomous squad on the player as opposed to a fully controllable one.

The technician in that screenshot, though. Which keypad is that he's using?

• El_Cuervacho
    56 posts

@mikeweeks

Pay close attention to the audio on this clip, and experience some new found sympathy for Secret Service agents and staff, closely working around the current US president:

• MikeWeeks

@el_cuervacho

What ever happened to Echo One ... ???

• El_Cuervacho
    56 posts

@mikeweeks

It's fascinating, you can clearly follow the AI's decision making processes in real time.
    That "WOOOooow, that's strange..." immediately followed by the sudden realization that his gunner has been dead all along; actually it was this very realization earlier on that led him to his current predicament and ultimately getting shot in the side, which I have to recognize was for a change, competently animated.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1285 posts
    The studio simply can not repeat this as the default:

What is truly funny in this picture, all things being equal of course, is the fact that we have a Sentinel guarding the Outside perimeter of a complex blocked on his left side by a huge device and with a shotgun 😨 a short shotgun to be more precise that more than likely in the real world would not be effective pass the 10 to 15 meter range? 20 meters or more and we are now talking about the possibility of aggravating the enemy even more instead of doing any damage.

Again, I could be totally wrong but things like this tell me that nobody in the whole Studio put any thought about common sense or logic into the game, a game were the priority was the shooting, a game which Genre belongs to the Shooter Genre, that the check mark came in from someone wearing a suit, a YES SIR so to speak and the approval was passed. How can they claim that they have any pride or that they are proud of the work they have done is beyond me.

But hey, at least he was not wearing Suede shoes and a Tuxedo.

• MikeWeeks

@fcac-no-moe --

Ah, hmm, no. The NPC is in fact inside the perimeter fence (at rear of compound), facing towards an open entryway. He patrols to his rear, up some stairs to his right which has the seen interior fence, between two buildings.

With proper FOV you'd be dead meat coming towards him from his right, along the walkway behind that building, inside the fence. From his left, yeah he's too far back to cover that walkway between the perimeter fence and building.

At this time all members of the team have made entry into the compound via another approach. Nomad is off to the right, out of sight, monitoring a rear doorway into the building -- but not foolish enough to assume Fixit has "his back" - 🙄

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1285 posts

I stand corrected then and retract my accusations this time around! 😚

the background pass the fence is what did me in thinking he was outside

Suggested Topics