ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• arni-GX
    42 posts

@bielik01

that is because the enemy is using a very big crossbow, but is that reload is matter, because u have all option to using any type of crossbow (big, medium small), every reload must be different, not the same time of reloading.....

• Wiedzmin_2004_
    Original poster 44 posts

@arni-gx It can also be so. But notice one thing, if they had already made the crossbow, no matter what, they would have caused it some difficulties, such as longer reloads. This is different in The Witcher 3, but it just fits the game. In AC, the bow does the trick and is simply handy. The bow is now more in line with the series. And I wouldn't change that. It also depends on the time when the hero chooses the year and enters the Animus. It's like a firearm. Until the days of Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla, it doesn't fit in, but it does with the rest of the AC series. For me, the crossbow in the series does not fit the game and that's it. That's my opinion.

• Simplethumb
    166 posts

Someone else has put their suggestions so if it's ok I'll quote my thread from a few weeks ago

@Wiedzmin_2004_ If you want me to remove this just say 🙂

(TLDR)
    Give us the option to choose what level of an ability we want to use (like in Odyssey). Also give us the option to disable skills that we neither want or need.

There are abilities that in my opinion are better as a level 1 skill instead of a level 2. One that springs to mind is Thorn of Slumber. While level 1 gives you an arrow that will knock out one enemy when struck, level 2 creates a cloud that will knock out all within range. I much prefer to have level 1 as I see level 2 as cheesy and not to my playstyle.

Dive of the Valkyries level 1 just hits the target you aim for with a jumping attack, while level 2 will hit all enemies within range with a shockwave. To me, this seems more like a magical attack than just a weapon strike and is again, something that doesn't fit my play style.

If I'd have picked up these abilities without knowing I would have lost access to the level one that I prefer. Yes, I could just reload my save at that point but what if I don't use many saves (like some people) and hadn't noticed how the ability had changed, I would be stuck with it. I could leave the Book of Knowledge untouched on the map but for completionists that would suck and seems against the games idea of 'collect all the gold shineys on the map'.

If we had the chance to choose which level we wanted (as we could in Odyssey) I think it would make for a better choice and for other people could add more variety to their gameplay.

Moving on to the topic of skills I think it would be a better idea to allow us to disable skills in the skill tree.

There are some skills that I really don't want added to my game.

Stealth Recon is a skill that will highlight all enemies within range when you crouch. Sometimes when I'm playing I limit my Odin's Sight use, and I don't see any way around this because to be able to stealth you need to crouch. I don't always want Odin's Sight when I'm playing.

Adrenaline Fiend (more damage when you have more adrenaline), Parry Damage, and Perfect Parry (do more damage when you parry) are all obnoxious (in my personal taste lol). I don't like having varible damage as these skills would add to my character, (though I have no problem with Critical hits). And I also don't want to be doing damage simply by blocking/parrying an attack. These skills add too much power to my play style and so far, in my playthrough I haven't added them yet.

Intense Rage/Cold Rage/Eye of the North (your character won't stop their animation when attacking/aiming with a bow if they get hit, has a very short cooldown) are the worst offenders (lol) because IMO they reward poor fighting style. This game already seems to be more Button-bashy than any other Assassin's Creed game (you have to hit enemies to give you more stamina to be able to hit enemies etc). If I miss time a strike while fighting I want there to be consequences, I don't want to be able to just button bash/mash my way through encounters (BTW I'm not even a min/maxer, I don't play on the highest difficulty)

Some might argue "well don't buy them then" but doing that would force me (and other people) to carefully select my skills, to have to dance around the skill tree trying to avoid them. But worse than that is the games difficulty scaling. Sometimes when I've been playing in an area that is a few levels above me the enemies seem to hit with so much more force than the few missing levels would suggest, yet when I add those 2 or 3 points (that have been sitting there, unused) into the skill tree the enemies start to do the same amount of damage that other level scaled areas do. (I'm not talking 10 or 20 points here, it's as if the game thinks "you are under leveled = massive damage from low level mobs and you do a lot less damage". So, if I avoid 'buying' these skills then there will come a point later in the game where I have a near fully maxed out skill tree minus the selection of skills I haven't bought and because of that the difficulty will be ramped up. At that point it seems the choice would be either deal with the uneven damage scaling or bite the bullet and 'buy' these awful skills.

The things I've mentioned might only be to my taste, but if they added the option of disabling skills and also selecting the level of an ability we want this wouldn't negatively affect anyone and would only add to the game.

• Simplethumb
    166 posts

I really would like a long nighttime as the OP suggests because surely that is the best and easiest time to be sneaking around.

In fact I agree with all of what the OP said especially the Hidden Kills.

I would also like more Kill Animations.

I hate the way Eivor will use enemies weapons to finish them as when this happens Eivor's weapons magically appear back in his/her 'holster' (even when using the Finisher Axe) Instead of that I would have prefered to see Eivor using their Hidden Blade.

TBH I've getting really sick of seeing the same animations over and over again, so much so in fact that I'll sometimes finish enemies off with the bow instead.

• Wiedzmin_2004_
    Original poster 44 posts

@simplethumb You don't need to delete your post because it's fun getting other people to express their opinions. It's also nice that you have your own insights about the game.

• Simplethumb
    166 posts

@wiedzmin_2004_

Thank you.

• Wiedzmin_2004_
    Original poster 44 posts

However, this is not the end of finding bugs in the game 😄
    So far I've only come across a bug with the hunter's bow. I already have an opponent in my sights, and here he is pointing me in a different direction. I guess I'm not the only one having this error.

• azullFR
    2427 posts

@wiedzmin_2004_
    for sure you are not alone 😉
    ( it's an old bug aka "Aim Mis-Assist", or : "facing an ennemy ? better aim the ground on the other side !" 😂 )

just an update about the "Eivor stuck on left or right of the camera" : after a bunch of tests =
    setting the option = "Camera Off-center" to Off only lowers the risk but doesn't nullify it ( contrary to what I've said few posts before )

• arni-GX
    42 posts

@wiedzmin_2004_

at that time setting of AC origin and ODyssey, there is no crossbow in that era..... but, in this AC valhalla, there is crossbow weapons in that era..... of course it still fit in this ACV......

• Wiedzmin_2004_
    Original poster 44 posts

@arni-gx This topic is over. The crossbow does not fit this series, that's it

• Wiedzmin_2004_
    Original poster 44 posts

I don't think I have made such a suggestion yet. It's about a torch in our hand. When collecting resources under the triangle button (PlayStation), the torch will fall. Don't need two buttons to lower the flashlight. Just need R2 (PlayStation) to lower the torch.

(Google translator)

• Wiedzmin_2004_
    Original poster 44 posts

In the next update, I propose to add a skill in which our raven has the ability to mark enemies. This option will come in handy as there are situations when your opponent is not marked. It may be a stupid idea, but there may be people who want that option

Suggested Topics