ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• noorpari98
    Original poster 3 posts

Now that Anno 1800 has steadily moved towards just little DLC drops here and there - would the developers be working on the next standalone in the series? If so - what time period or setting would you like to see?

Me personally - I think a Ancient Roman setting, with Egyptian and Greeks being thrown in would be awesome.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• noorpari98
    Original poster 3 posts

@noorpari98: (https://deepmaterialde.com/) Waiting for the response but couldn't get a single reply yet.

• SpawnDieRepeat
    34 posts

The settings you mentioned would work well in Anno. Personally, I would either like a continuation i.e. Anno 1900 or a medieval castle builder Anno.

• AORUS2017
    274 posts

@spawndierepeat

Anno 1900! that would be good😀

• sinoguy731
    1 posts

An Anno version remake of Sierra's Casar III to start with DLC covering Pharaoh, Zeus and Rise of the middle kingdom would be epic.

• Asterix201252
    379 posts

@noorpari98
    An ancient setting would be nice. I would like a historic setting, but I'm not too bothered what era. We've had 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20 and 22. So if it's going to be historic, it would be before 14. It could be 19 if they break the date adding up to 9 convention. The only thing I really don't want is another one in the future.

• Major.Magma
    1 posts

I think a Viking/Early Middle Ages setting would be very cool.

1. I do not want another future setting. I don't find it as nice looking.
    2. Vikings and exploration are just super fitting. Look at all the places they went. All the stuff they traded.
    3. You could do some interesting stuff with ships able to sail on rivers.
    4. Land units could come back, and I miss them. You could even maybe do some cool hybrid thing, where ships are not only for naval battles, but the crew could disembark as a land unit.
    5. You could have some sort of plunder mechanic for land units, giving them another purpose apart from conquering/defending.

As someone who loves age-of-sail ships, another game set in the 1600s or 1700s would be very cool, but I doubt they would go back when they still have so much new stuff they can do.

Suggested Topics