ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• nugster
    Original poster 21 posts

When you have 100 stacks, the heartbreaker gearset out damages a full red dps build with glass cannon and vigilance. This is with the heartbreaker set running 3 reds and 3 blues, and unoptimised.

Is this intended?

For a gearset that provides so much bonus armour, I feel like the damage it gives is way to high. Is the damage being calculated as amplified damage instead of just weapon damage? It sure feels that way.

I think the drop off of stacks is also to quick, but that's a separate issue.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• xcel30
    931 posts

From what i saw, the set uses mostly the same logic and probably code from the Striker gear set (in other languages the game copies the same text for the talent) and i think the damage is being amplified but someone said it was just in one go instead of being the same as striker multiplying the damage for each stack.

But in terms of community opinions most people think that Heartbreak should have less stacks but the effect last longer, so less overal damage bug you would get the bonus for a longer time.

• nugster
    Original poster 21 posts

@xcel30 Halfing the amount of stacks to 25 (50 with chest) and have stacks decay at 1 per second might be a better way around it.

• LanThief-HUN
    1 posts

@nugster I don't mind it one bit. We need something anyways to kill the so called "Bullet Sponge" AI

• F1_Four
    1 posts

You don't need to reduce the amount of stacks. At some point, many gearsets will out perform other gearsets in DPS (or damage mitigation) depending on how one builds. Second, you feel that the damage is way too high but the drop offs are too fast? Let me tell you, I have been running a 4 piece Heartbreaker since the PTS dropped and it's perfect. When I look around at the other people in some of my groups, some have barely incorporated any new gear at all, if any, and are way higher in damage than I am because they are using high-end, familiar yellow builds. Not testing anything. Just playing with the old stuff. They melt just as much if not more.

You've got to earn the stacks with headshots. And this is the challenge for most non-hard core players, unlike this crowd. Casuals would certainly benefit from the multiplicative on this set. No stacks need to decay any faster than the current drop off, and you don't need to half anything. This is only my personal opinion, respectfully of course.

Finally, I've been running Heartbreaker 4 piece, with the new exotic mask Catharsis, with Fox's Prayer. That, and a maxed out Dare. The only things I have been running since this PTS opened. And I must say, this build with the new pieces feels like the most perfect build I have ever put on right out of the box, in Division 2. Or Division 1 for that matter.

Every now and then I'll run The Parascheva chest with Intimidate, and it really feels like home.

Let's not be so quick to say nerf this or that. This set is nicely balanced, considering the role it will play in a raid, or on a small squad.

• nugster
    Original poster 21 posts

@lanthief-hun

It's not a question of like or dislike, it's more to do with balance. The new Heartbreaker gearset is not balanced with the rest of the game.

If a full red DPS build with Perfect Glass Cannon and Perfect Vigilance (all perfect optimised stats) does less damage than a thrown together Heartbreaker build with 3 reds and 3 blues, there's something not right.

• EBTheComedian82
    2 posts

@nugster the point of this set is to change the mind of the braindead full red users after 3 years

whats the [censored] point after 3 years still playing a full red and complaining it getting outdamaged

adapt to the game.....im tired of red players in legendary sitting in the corner and die after 1 enemy only watched in there direction

• Im_Pine
    154 posts

@ebthecomedian82 the problem is that if the set is too powerful, the game suffers as a result.

I agree with you that more options are a good thing, as is giving "meta" builds a run for their money, but if the set is that much better, then it becomes the meta and why would you run something else?

• xcel30
    931 posts

@ebthecomedian82 The game shouldn't also be "go hearbreak or go home", like classified striker was in the first game, people are just owrried that instead of adding new fun stuff we only get something that makes everything else irrelevant

• nugster
    Original poster 21 posts

@f1_four a gearset that gives loads of body armour and super high damage just renders anything else obsolete. Why run glass cannon or spotter or literally anything else when you can run heartbreaker for top damage and lots of damage mitigation?

• Sir_0v3rk1ll
    132 posts

I agree, heartbraker is OP. Teal gearsets for the most part have been a way for new players to inflict damage on the enemy with very little recalibration and optimization. But if you wanted a more consistent damage you went with gold. Only problem is that with gold it took more time and love to max it out due to having more attributes. Heartbraker is just op & lazy build that has become the meta. This game has never had a meta like CoD. You really had to find something that fits your style. Now you don't. Why go with anything else if you can do more damage and have more armor with very little recalibration and optimization? Just ridicules.

• Traumahawk
    113 posts

@ebthecomedian82 But but they just want to hide by the door with their shield in-sync exploit (I am aware they can't use IS anymore on shields)

• Noxious81
    1197 posts
    (...) The new Heartbreaker gearset is not balanced with the rest of the game. (...)

We can't state that often enough! Heartbreaker is totally overpowered. It deals more damage than dedicated DPS-builds (which have to invest a lot to achieve that damage) and tanks more than dedicated tank builds.

It basically takes Striker out of the game, because it deals more damage and offers additional Bonus Armor. It even is better with SMGs (Vector) and Shotguns (ACS-12) than Hunter's Fury. Together with Memento it's basically godmode.

This Gear Set is not balanced at all and needs to be nerfed. And I'd even support suggestions going as far as halving both the damage bonus and Bonus Armor per stack.

Suggested Topics