ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 1620 posts

So, I just opened up the game after installing TU 1.5.1 and Reda only offered one daily contract and the usual weekly contract. There was not a second daily contract quest. I was not able to capture any screenshots or video (this time). I will see if this repeats tomorrow. I am playing on XBox Series X and have no other technical or hardware issues.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4692 posts
    Best Answer

Hi Vikings!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. The development team have confirmed that the issue wherein Reda only offers one daily contract should be resolved with the release of Title Update 1.6.0! You can read the full patch notes here.

The patch was deployed earlier today.

We have already received a report that Reda is still only offering one daily contract today after installing the latest update, however it's possible that this may not take affect until tomorrow. If you are still only receiving one daily contract tomorrow could you please update this thread to let us know and also include a screenshot and confirm which platform you play the game on.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save file uploaded to the Cloud. The support article here can help you to do this.

We can then use these reports to reopen the investigation should the issue persist following the 1.6.0 update.

Official Response
  • Tolkyyn
    127 posts

This is Tuesday. Reda is supposed to give Eivor 3 quests on Tuesday. He gave Eivor only one. So I wen to one of Reda's assistants for the third: there was no other quest. So I'm being cheated out of 5 opals. Once again the bugs in this game are making me rethink whether I'm wasting my time or not. 

• SpirantCrayon22
    2087 posts

I had two at Reda, two at Reda's pal in Winchester and two at his pal in Gloucester. I took the ones in Ravensthorpe; one for 5, one for 20. There were none after this in Winchester. There was (only) Kára's at Reda in Svartalfheim after that, then none at all once I'd killed Surtr again and gone back to Reda (both in Svartalfheim and in England).

• SpirantCrayon22
    2087 posts

@thenorfolkian

let's try this - "this prevents me from spending real money in the Helix shop"; should make a fix immediate and remove the need for pictures or videos

• TheNorfolkian

@spirantcrayon22 That should further prove that this issue was caused by the update, since I have still not opted to get the DoR expansion.

• Ashelsu
    66 posts

Happened to me too. Changing location to Frankia or Ireland doesn't work either.

• mentraton
    58 posts

@thenorfolkian I think its the old bug related to level scaling.
    Try to set it to no scaling and the 2nd quest should appear.

The bug is that most Reda quests where you have to kill a wolf or animal does not work with the scaling active.
    Its a known bug since 8 month!!!

• CitizenNowhere
    38 posts

@mentraton I also know that long time bug. That bug is usually fixed by changing level scaling back to default or off. But today it doesn't work, changing to default or any other level-scaling cannot fix it. Today some may see 2 quests from Reda because 1 weekly and 1 daily quest. However, you're supposed to see 3 quests (1 weekly, 2 daily quests). I also tried other difficulties combination with other level-scaling with different locations as well(other kids in Endland and also Ireland), still missing one daily quest anyway.

• TheNorfolkian

@mentraton I agree with @CitizenNowhere on this. I had my level scaling turned off the whole time and am fully aware of the old bug where this was a problem. It’s pretty clear that the new update is the cause this time, but we’ll have to wait for tomorrow to be sure.

@Ashelsu I did the same thing... went to Ireland thinking Reda would have something extra there, but nope.

• maxiusagi
    9 posts

Usually we got 2 daily contract and 1 weekly contract on wednesday
    But today after updating the game i only see 1 daily contract

Is this intended? Thank you

• Savvage91
    48 posts

I can confirm that after the update one of the DAILIES of Reda is missing. I changed difficulties and level scaling, reloaded older saves but nothing is fixed. So dear ubi please fix it soon and if not give us back the opals we can't have because of this.

• bielik01
    1800 posts

@thenorfolkian for me even some agents were missing 😂
    After taking up new mastery challenges, I had to restore my difficulty settings, I did it in front of the Wincestre kid. After that he was gone... Imagine what would happen if I did this with Reda 🤣

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4692 posts

Hi @TheNorfolkian @bielik01 @Ashelsu @CitizenNowhere @mentraton @Savvage91 @SpirantCrayon22 @maxiusagi I'm sorry to hear that you have only received one daily contract.

I have checked this myself and was also only offered one daily contract.

I will test this again later today to see if there are two daily contracts offered.

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

@ubi-keo Thank you for the confirmation on your end. Today I noticed that Reda offered two contracts, so I believe the real test will be to see if this one daily contract problem shows up next week when the next weekly contract appears. Please join us in keeping an eye out on the next weekly contract.

• Ashelsu
    66 posts

@bielik01 If I load the game saved close to Reda's agent, he disappears from the map. To the point that I have to fast travel or run away to make some distance between him and Eivor. This never happened to Reda though.

• bielik01
    1800 posts

@ashelsu good observation 👍

• TheNorfolkian

@ashelsu I’ve seen that happen to the Reda agent in Lunden before. It’s an old bug. You don’t even have to fast travel ‘away’... if the agent is in the vicinity of a fast travel point, just load it up and the agent reappears.

• pesto.
    358 posts

Yup, missing quests, I meant to come here and report this yesterday. At first I thought it was level scaling, which just makes me so sad that Ubisoft still won’t fix this, but then even after my scaling was reset and I restarted no quests appeared.

Please fix Reda

• basel19751224
    79 posts

yes every second day reda only has 1 quest (ps4)

• basel19751224
    79 posts

Same thing , every 2nd day one of Reda 's quests are missing (ps4)

Suggested Topics