ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• pesto.
    360 posts

Yeah bug isn’t fixed.

I think they attached level scaling to different quests in some way to make it harder (there are some quests that only appear with harder scaling) which I like although I wish they’d just make the mechanics harder with more enemies and tougher AI rather than more sponginess and offer all missions to all difficulties so that there’s more variety. Or at least offer the shop at all Reda accomplices locations so we don’t always have to go back to the one location.

Anyhow during this level adapted process I think their RNG generator is picking values outside the range of the lookup table or it creates a condition where it has no default option for when a certain mission can’t be picked. If they can’t fix the root cause then they can easily implement a temporary solution that checks the number of available missions on the server and if it isn’t the expected value adds a random one in its place. The server is able to detect if more missions have been activated and will simply not give more opals for the extra missions done.

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 1641 posts

I’ve set my level scaling from nightmarish to off, and back again, to be sure... it looks like this bug may actually have been resolved.

• pesto.
    360 posts

@TheNorfolkian we have to wait till the predator quest comes up again. Nightmare scaling lost one Reda mission every few days.

• TheNorfolkian

@pesto So, are you expecting tomorrow to be the day where the bug kicks in?

• pesto.
    360 posts

@TheNorfolkian maybe, I don’t remember if the bug was consistently every 3 days as this one turned out to be. However as I always play on nightmare if it occurs I’ll post here.

• TheNorfolkian

@pesto Well blow me down... I stand corrected. When going to Reda with the Nightmarish level scaling, I got this... the animal contract was missing, called ‘Slay the Monster’.

@Ubi-Keo It looks like the devs are gonna have to go back to the code and find out where they went wrong. This old bug is still a problem.

• Randelia
    381 posts

Exactly. Somebody tasked with fixing the old bug of animal quests not showing for folks using level-scaling did a quickfix and just disabled animal quests for everybody a few updates ago. That lead to every 3 days when we were usually getting an animal quest Reda was having 1 quest less.

After tons of folks complained Development Engineering just took out that quickfix and gloriously claimed they did some huge investigation and fixed the bug with Reda missing a quest every 3 days.

Once the quickfix was taken out of course the old bug reappears.

• Metallo75
    198 posts

This is far from resolved,again demanding remove the "resolved " part from the title cause its isnt,some daily quest doesnt appear in certain region,for example today in darwn of ragnarok only 2,have to go back to england for the last,and vice versa. So directly,if someone doesnt own a certain dlc that day,could miss a dailly quest,cause somehow gated,so get back to word if done any, or start doing something now,rather copy paste.

• Randelia
    381 posts

@Metallo75 Fully agree: The problem is not solved. Please remove the [RESOLVED] in front of the title.

Technically if we want to split hairs the problem of "Reda only offering one daily contract following TU 1.5.1" is solved, BUT only for a handful of players who are not using higher level-scaling!

And: taking out the bodged "fix" of the old original bug which brought upon this problem with Reda missing a quest since 1.5.1 does not resolve the problem.

• Salfoxx
    25 posts

Confirmed, today as usual every three days we have only 1 daily quest from Reda. The bug is still there.

The good thing is that today Reda offers a beautiful horse, the best horse in my opinion.

• CitizenNowhere
    38 posts

It's a shame that Ubisoft marks this topic as "Resolved" when it's actually not. It just goes back to same bug it used to be. Every 3 days, Predator's Attack will be one of the 2 daily quests. And that quest doesn't show up at Aesir difficulty because level scaling is at Nightmarish. I need to change level scaling to default or off before accepting the quest. Sometimes also need to exit to relaunch the game for the missing quest to show up. This is really annoying.

• Metallo75
    198 posts

@CitizenNowhere That is clearly show how they treat the problems,want to ignore and randomly palce a resolved into the topic and forget it,and try to force it to the players with their ignorance, clear evidence their 'reaction" to these.

• pesto.
    360 posts

Yes confirmed from yesterday just one quest available, the beggars couple. This ticket is not resolved.

• TheNorfolkian

I have started a new dedicated thread about issues with level scaling following TU 1.6.0... please post your comments there!

• Randelia
    381 posts

@Ubisoft please take off the tag "resolved". The bug is still there.

The developers only took out that botched up code that switched animal quests off for everybody.

What I think happened was this:

Animal quests appear every 3 days. And only for folks with level-scaling set to default and under. Result was: Every 3 days folks with higher level-scaling get 1 quest less since they don't see the animal quests.

For some earlier release somebody tried to "fix" it and just took out animal-quests for everybody. Result was: now everybody was missing a quest every 3 days.

Big outcry followed so Ubisoft devs tried to do something. Somebody checked the code and saw oops animal quests are switched off for everybody. So they just took out that code for release 1.6.0

All they did was taking out a code that was a botched fix attempt at a 2 year old bug.

Ubisoft please think about this. It's best to just fix this bug once and for all. Please take down the [RESOLVED] tag and give your devs our feedback.

@Ubisoft_devs: you got something respective of this in your code somewhere:

if (player_level_scaling > default) player_gets_animal_quest = false;

(Plain English: if a player's level scaling is higher than "default", the player does not get an animal quest)

Switch animal quests on for everybody, regardless of level-scaling, and you have solved it. 🙂

• Metallo75
    198 posts

Resolved?seriously why i am not surprised,i have all dlc,checked all region,and what is happened,a daily quest missing,so remove that part of the thread to resolved,cause it isnt.

• kart_zsa
    41 posts

TU 1.6.0

only 1.

• azullFR
    2653 posts

@kart_zsa
    it's the very first time I see that the "animal related" contract is not the one that is missing,
    it seems to be a new behaviour of the bug,
    is you "level scalling" set to "default" or to "off" (it was known to cause missing "animal related" contracts) ?

• kart_zsa
    41 posts

@azullFR it is "default"

• azullFR
    2653 posts

@kart_zsa
    sometimes setting it to "off" and even maybe restarting the game can give the missing contract, but it's not 100% sure

Suggested Topics