ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 1477 posts

@loraxxe Your hypothesis that the missing contract problem is tied to the bug leftover from the Year 2 Yule event is worth investigating. It would be reasonable to suggest this problem may go away once the festival concludes... but who knows how many Opals we will miss out on because of missing contracts until then.

@Ubi-Keo Since my previous video did not explicitly display prominent proof of TU 1.5.1 being installed, here’s another video for the missing contract today. Like everyone else, I seem to only be getting another repeat of the Thieves Couple.

• azullFR
    2411 posts

today is the very first time, since Bugvalla has been launched, I see "Thieves couple" 3 times in a raw

@orldan : usually the bugs with daily quests when a festival was active were : "disappearing daily quest once taken", a wrkaround could be to take quests one by one at 2 different Reda's friend, this time it is : "no animal quest" with no single workaround

@Ubi-Keo
    "here" the last 2 missing contracts technicals infos :
    Last 3 missing daily contracts :

• Platform = PS4pro
    • PS4pro model = CUH 7116B
    • PS4pro firmware = 9.51
    • Number of PS4pro = 1
    • Number of internet box = 1 (some tests are done with a different internet line and a different internet box)
    • Connection type : wired
    • Wire lengh = 1 m (can be 10 m depending on the box tested)
    • Wire type = Cat 6E
    • AC Valhalla = TU 1.5.1
    • AC Valhalla install location = internal drive
    • Drive type = SSD
    • SSD Model = SSD Samsung 860 EVO (internal)
    • SSD Capacity = 1To
    • USED SPACE = 595 Go / 861.4 Go = 69.07 %
    • FREE SPACE = 266.04 Go / 861.4 Go = 30.93%
    • Screen Resolution = 1920 x 1080
    • PS4 settings =

PS4 > System > Boost Mode = ON
    PS4 > Video Output settings :
    Resolution = auto
    RGB Range = automatic (recommended)
    HDR = Off
    "Tweak" HDR = non available
    Deep Color Outpout = Off
    Multi-scaling Mode = Off
    Video Output Information = 1920 x 1080 - 60 Hz (native screen resolution) / RGB / HDCP: 1.4 / HDR: No HDR screen

• Number of accounts = 2
    • Date & time given = YYYY-MM-DD name of the day hh:mm (24h) / PARIS hours)

First missing daily contract :

Account 1 :
    2022-04-23 saturday 05:37
    TU 1.5.1

Reda's Daily & Weekly store (to prove that's the real day)

Weekly contract & daily contract n°1

Picture of the missing daily contract : 👽 🤷

Account 2 : not played

2nd missing daily contract :

Account 1 :
    2022-04-25 monday 16:27
    TU 1.5.1

Weekly contract (already finished) // daily contract n°1
    No picture found
    Weekly contract (already finished) // daily contract n°1 finished :

Picture of the missing daily contract : 👽 🤷

Account 2 :
    2022-04-25 monday 17:39
    TU 1.5.1

Weekly contract (already finished) // daily contract n°1

Picture of the missing daily contract : 👽🤷
    Account 2 :
    test 1 :
    Box 10 m wired
    Level scalling default
    Diff : easiest
    test 2 :
    Box 10 m wired
    Level scalling Off
    test 3 :
    Box 10 m wired
    Level scalling Off
    Diff : normal
    test 4:
    Box 1 m wired
    Level scalling Off
    Diff : normal
    test 5:
    Box 1 m wired
    Level scalling Off

all tests done after quitting the game and shutting down the PS4pro between each change

Does the the game team need the list of each time the "Thieves couples" appeared since Valhalla was launched ?
    Note : as I made a 1 month break, I have only 60 occurences to transmit 😉

[ PS4pro & AC ValhBugalla all up-to-date // Manual Cloud Saves = done ]

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there!

Thank you for sharing your reports about missing Daily Contracts from Reda within this thread.

As we have several ongoing Megathreads regarding Daily Contracts, I'd like to provide some clarity about these and the issues being investigated in each Megathread. This will help us to ensure that your report is forwarded to the correct investigation, and help to reduce any potential confusion about the ongoing investigations:
    [TU 1.5.1] Reda is only offering one daily contract following TU 1.5.1.

• If Reda is only offering your one Daily Contract instead of the usual two, then we'd like you to share your report within this dedicated Megathread.

Daily Contract not added to Quest Log after accepting

• If Reda has offered two Daily Contracts, but one of these was not added to your Quest Log after accepting the contract, then we'd like you to share your report within this dedicated Megathread.

Level scaling prevents you from receiving Reda's Daily Quests

• The dedicated teams have been notified about this issue occurring in-game, and are taking this issue into consideration when looking into other reported issues with the Daily Contracts. To try and reduce confusion, we have now locked this Megathread.

I have now moved some reports of this issue shared in other threads since the release of TU 1.5.1 (April 19 2022) into this newly created Megathread for only one Daily Contract available. I apologise for any confusion or disrupted conversation that may have been caused by this move.

If you are encountering trouble with Reda's Daily Contracts, we first ask that you try the following level scaling workaround. This workaround has helped players to access previously missing Daily Contracts, so we recommend that you give this a go too!

• Set your level scaling to "normal" via the in-game options menu.
    • Create a manual save and quit to the main menu.
    • Reload your new manual save and check Reda's Daily Contracts.

If Reda is still only offering you one Daily Contract, then can you please provide us with the following information:

• When did you notice there was only one Daily Contract (Date/time)?
    • Have you tried changing your level scaling at all? Did this cause the quest to reappear?
    • Have you encountered this issue before TU 1.5.1?
    • Can you please provide an image of the missing Daily Contract, as well as which Daily Contract is available to you?

You can share images within your post, or by uploading them to a sharing platform (such as Google Drive or One Drive) and posting a shareable link within this thread.

Thank you to everyone who has shared their reports thus far. I'd like to specifically thank @TheNorfolkian and @DixieDynamite for including images and videos in their reports! These have been forwarded to the dedicated teams for use in the ongoing investigation. I've also informed the team that "The Thieves Couple" has been appearing as the only available quest quite frequently since the release of TU 1.5.1, as this information could be helpful for the investigation.

If you are encountering issues with the Daily Item missing from Reda's Store, then please can you share your report within the dedicated Megathread for this issue. This will prevent us from going off-topic within this thread about Daily Contracts.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Thomas_Stone
    1 posts

After the latest update

• Have you tried changing your level scaling at all?

Yes

• Did this cause the quest to reappear?

No

No

• Can you please provide an image of the missing Daily Contract, as well as which Daily Contract is available to you?

• bielik01
    1786 posts

How many of you started second batch of Mastery Challenges? There's a theory it causes the animal contract to be missing permanently.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1881 posts

@bielik01

I have started those, yes.

• azullFR
    2411 posts

@bielik01

I started none [EDIT], none of new set of challenges, I didn't made any since months ago, so I don't think it's playing them (the 2nd set) that causes this bug
    But it can still be related to their implementation in the code

Note : I even don't know if there is a specific event or dialog with the woman about them as I just restarted Valhalla after a 1 month break

In case someone would wonder : buying any item with tokens from the festival does not make the bug happening = I still took nothing from Norvid and I had the bug as everybody.

• XBL_Laberbacke
    470 posts

@bielik01 Only the first. The stuff was so infuriating I won't touch 2, ever.

• TheNorfolkian

@bielik01 I did play a Bear challenge, but then I stopped because of the ongoing missing XBox Achievement problem. I am not going to continue playing something if tracking for an achievement doesn’t exist.

It’s an interesting hypothesis, but what’s the connection between the new Mastery Challenges and the missing Reda contracts?

• bielik01
    1786 posts

@thenorfolkian maybe automatic change of difficulty settings? But yeah, previously disabling Level Scaling worked, and now nothing works at all.

• TheNorfolkian

@bielik01 Yeah, that’s a good hypothesis, but as you observed, any settings with level scaling does not resolve this issue.

• OlgaBaikova
    26 posts

Hello, I've also had only one quest from Reda, level scaling to default solved the problem up till the update came out. Now no level scaling is solving the issue. Here are the videos.
    From a couple of days ago-

And from right now-

Hope you can help.

• XBL_Laberbacke
    470 posts

Three quests today but "The Thieves Couple" for the FOURTH day in a row

• TheNorfolkian

@xbl_laberbacke Yeah, I’m starting to wonder if there’s a separate bug that is causing the Thieves Couple to keep appearing.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

Thank you for taking the time to share your reports regarding only one Daily Contract being offered by Reda within this thread. I've now forwarded these to the dedicated teams for use in the ongoing investigation into this issue.

If you haven't already shared your report with us, please can you provide us with the following information:
    then can you please provide us with the following information:

• Have you tried changing your level scaling at all? Did this cause the quest to reappear?

You can share images within your post, or by uploading them to a sharing platform (such as Google Drive or One Drive) and posting a shareable link within this thread.

@Thomas_Stone & @OlgaBaikova - I've included the images and videos you've provided in your reports to the dedicated teams can take a closer look at these. Thanks for submitting these!

@XBL_Laberbacke & @TheNorfolkian - I've notified the dedicated teams that "The Thieves Couple" has been appearing repeatedly over the last couple of days, and asked whether this could be linked to the ongoing issue with only one Daily Contract appearing. Thanks for sharing an update to let us know that this Contract has appeared again today.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ashelsu
    60 posts

@ubi-borealis

1. April 19, after 1.5.1 Update. There was only one daily quest available and weekly as usual. This problem repeated itself at least two more days since then.
    2. I did try to change the level scaling (to default), quit the game and restart it. Did not help.
    3. Yes, in two cases. Kill an animal quest was not available in Ireland and Frankia (now it seems to be not available in England too). Workaround was changing location to England. Also level scaling prevented to get one of the daily quests appearing. Workaround was changing level scaling to default.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Ashelsu!

Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us. I've now forwarded this to the dedicated teams for use in the ongoing investigation.

If we have any questions regarding your experience, we will reach out to you within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • XBL_Laberbacke
    470 posts

This has got to be a bad joke, "Thieves Couple" #5. Well, at least it's close to a fast travel point.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1881 posts

@xbl_laberbacke

maybe they could have added an extra target for each day to make it less tedious

• XBL_Laberbacke
    470 posts

@spirantcrayon22 I got ambushed by the three optional wolves. Does that count? 🤣

Suggested Topics