ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Unsolved The Vanishing - Exiting (or crashing) on the mission before completion results in having to start over from the beginning

1 Likes/19 Replies/1303 Views
    Chimichanka_
    Original poster 1 posts

Hi all. So I'm using GeForce Now to play the game and have to restart the game every hour. I was playing the DLC last night and every time I got back to the game, I respawned 300m outside of the bunker and had to replay the whole thing from start(I was on Chapter 2). Is this intentional, consider Far Cry 6 doesn't have manual save anymore? Or is it a bug?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• IRONFISTTRUCKER
    1 posts

@chimichanka_ Having the same issue on Xbox. Can't even load with last autosave. Hopefully a bug and they don't actually expect us to complete the entire mission in one sitting.

• Markius_Lanzius
    2 posts

I had the same problem on PC. I was positioned in the normal world where I quit the game in the dark world. The mission was reset, except I still had the mission guns. I tried it again twice (but only up to meeting Shest) and it did the same thing. Looks like you have to play the mission all the way through in one go. I now hope it's not too long. Really frustrating.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @Markius_Lanzius, welcome to forums and thanks for your input there.

I've had a closer look and can see that we have recently received similar reports from other players, therefore it has been forwarded over to our development team for further review.

If possible, for reproduction purposes, may I ask either of you to upload your save file where issue is present to cloud? This one is quite straight-forward, so for steps on how to do so, have a look here.

Let us know!

Official Response
  • satsun_
    4 posts

On PC here. I started the mission, Chapter 1, quit the game at some point and returned to the game outside without the mission being started. Second time I completed chapter 1 of the mission, was in chapter 2, quit the game, same problem, no progress saved, but I was holding the pistol from the Stranger Things mission.

• ArmoredGnome310
    1 posts

The Vanishing still doesn't save game properly on the PC, no progress is saved. Any forecast when the problem is likely to be fixed?

• Cest_me
    1 posts

Played the vanishing up to chapter 3 on the ps4, quit the game and wanted to continue another day.
    But spawned outside of the bunker to play the whole thing all over again.
    Problem still not fixed?

• pjmazurek
    6 posts

@ubi-froggard  i made it to the point where i rescued chorizo. Then it put up title Chapter 4 Escape. then screen went black and acted like it was loading for 10minutes. Then screen was black and i could hear water sounds. Then game crashed. when it restarted i was of course back at FND base with the underworld shotgun. In another thread i noticed another person had it crash after a super long load. I'm guessing this is a bug. too bad autosave points are not working. so irritating!

• guydodge
    49 posts

i cant finish the vanishing either DLC keeps crashing and i return back to begining of mission
    complete idiocy to not have a save in the vanishing.man how they have fallen guess all there
    time is spent trying to pilfer out pockets rather than making good optimized games.
    this was my 4th time trying to finish screw it !!!

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2973 posts

Hey all,

I have just moved your comments into a new thread from this thread as we seemed to have multiple issues reported in the one thread, so just wanted to keep it more clear for anyone else encountering the issue to come here to this thread instead.

There is also another thread here if you are encountering an issue with being unable to get back into the mission if you exited the mission before completing it.

Official Response
  • Garett187
    1 posts

I just experienced this also. First crash was on Chapter 1, when trying to enter the "Other world". 2nd was upon starting chapter 3, then the third was at the end when i was going back through to my "Normal world". Still keep the weapons, but I'm not doing this again until its fixed.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    2297 posts

Hey @Garett187, thank you for your further comments on this and welcome to the forums! I've looked into it further from my side, and I can confirm that this is as intended and that the mission has to be done in one sitting. You should receive a reminder for this once you interact with the bunker. It should state that you cannot leave the mission or all progress will be lost.

If you are experiencing crashes (this applies to everyone), could you please first go through this technical troubleshooting article for me ensuring you have completed all of the steps? These steps can help rule out many of the common causes for technical-related issues.

Once you have completed those steps, and if you continue to experience crashes, can you please provide some additional information for me?:

1. Have you received any error messages? If so, what exactly does the error message/s state?
    2. What does the crash look like? (for example, do you receive a black screen crash to the desktop? Does it freeze? etc..)
    3. Could you let me know what your system specifications are?

Should anyone have further questions regarding any of those steps in the article above, or regarding any other issue, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you! 🙂

• WSUTrogdor
    1 posts

@ubi-gizmo "cannot leave the mission" to me always means that I wont be returning to the normal game world until the mission is completed. It does not mean that you must finish it in one sitting. You should be warning your players that "the mission has no save points" as well.

Also, designing any mission to require hours of rework due to a crash doesn't make sense. Even in MP games where you expect to spend hours on a single session there is often a way back into the session in the case of crash. Everyone gets crashes now and then, and Far Cry 6 isn't immune from that issue. I will get crashes every 3 to 6 hours in FC6.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @WSUTrogdor, welcome to forums! 🙂

I do very much appreciate your feedback there and will make sure it gets forwarded accordingly.

Should you have any more feedback/suggestions to share, or if you have any queries yourself, do not hesitate and reach out at any time!

Official Response
  • ftb28064212
    1 posts

The game crashed on me as I was waiting for the bunker to be unlocked after defending it. When I restarted the game, I was back in the normal world. It's fine, though, I'm not wasting the time to go all the way back through this annoying Stranger Things rip-off. At least I got to keep the weapons.

• Roha
    1 posts

any news on fixing this problem?

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4800 posts

Hi @roha just to confirm that 'The Vanishing' mission must be completed in one sitting as it does not save your progress and if you do leave the mission all progress will be lost. This is working as intended.

Are you experiencing crashes during the mission? If so could you please confirm which platform you play the game on?

Official Response
  • Agyz_
    1 posts

@Ubi-Keo After three trys continuasly i keep crashing on the chapter and this kept happening after the cutscene and when i get back on the game i still have the weapons you earn whilst on that mission. I am on pc btw.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2973 posts

Hey @Agyz_

Please can you go through the steps in this article first of all, to rule out any of the most common causes.

If you still have issues after this, we would need to look into your system files (DX Diag and MSINFO) to get a better look at what could be the cause.

To send us the files, please reach out via support ticket / live chat or social media private message on the links below:

Live Chat (when available)

Twitter Direct Message

Facebook Private Message

If contacting on Twitter or Facebook messages, please provide your account username and email, so we can link the chat to a support case so you can attach the files. 

Official Response

Suggested Topics