ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Eagleyezx
    Original poster 138 posts

Last night Gmoney was streaming the Spartan Mod and it inspired me to have a third play through on Extreme Settings, use no more than 1 AI team mate (Fury Male) and to only use a pistol as a suppressed weapon, assault rifles go loud.

I've said many times on this forum that Breakpoint isn't challenging enough etc, but after playing on Extreme settings with none or 1 AI, I've now realised how much this game was built to be a solo player experience.

I have to watch my corners more when entering or in a base. I'm having more medium range fights that forces me to take cover and move methodically.

I used the 'Always get injured' settings and I can't believe how much more enjoyable the game is. I really think Ubiflop should have made this setting a strongly recommend setting to use to enjoy the game.

I really hope in Ghost Recon Over this same experience can be had with a full squad, and not have team AI steam roll all NPCs. And if I'm honest, I can't really say gameplay wise I've had that same CQB enjoyment while in a base with Wildlands.

I wanted to post something a bit more positive about the game, because I think highlighting the good wiill help us retain what made Breakpoint good onto the next game.

I strongly recommend Ubiflop making the next game only with hardcore settings as the game should be played. If gamers want an arcade third person shooter, they can play Fortnite (and it looks great as of late, nothing wrong it. Just not for me.)

Till the next game.

Eagle-eyezx

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Virtual-Chris
    807 posts

I also greatly enjoyed the game with the mod and using injuries on always. I also have enjoyed it most when moving on foot. As soon as you add vehicles, the game falls apart - there’s zero challenge.

The game as it ships, is severely handicapped by the very limited detection and engagement range. It’s horrible.

• Eagleyezx

@virtual-chris I agree. The more times I've played the game, I've tried to make it more challenging and it does get more enjoyable.

Moving by foot feels more like what spec ops do unless their destination is miles away or if they're a support team for Seal Team 6.

The next game in my opinion needs to be Hardcore settings only. Arma 3 has some of the highest numbers on steam irrespective of being almost a decade old. It's the third person hardcore tactical shooter people enjoy.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1285 posts
    @Eagle-eyezx Last night Gmoney was streaming the Spartan Mod and it inspired me to have a third play through on Extreme Settings, use no more than 1 AI team mate (Fury Male) and to only use a pistol as a suppressed weapon, assault rifles go loud.

OK but, why? A good shooter game should be fun in all aspects and not just those that one is pushed to create because the game lacks creativity on it own.

@Eagle-eyezx I've said many times on this forum that Breakpoint isn't challenging enough etc, but after playing on Extreme settings with none or 1 AI, I've now realised how much this game was built to be a solo player experience.

And therein lies to me the biggest problem and shortcoming of the game, apart from the other obvious reasons. The Name Ghost Recon was in the title and NOT Far Cry so building it as a solo game, and a bad one at that (because it needed an outside source, a third party had to intervene to inject some bigger sack to it) was extremely lazy in their part.

Now being said that, I did say at one time that I at least it was the FAR CRY Sequel to the original since it was based on a Military guy behind enemy lines.

@Eagle-eyezx I have to watch my corners more when entering or in a base. I'm having more medium range fights that forces me to take cover and move methodically.

Again, sorry but isn't this what a Shooter game is supposed to bring on it own from launch? And again, we are talking about Ghost Recon so a squad is a MUST.

At the end of the day, making your own fun is a plus, and add-on so more power to you but shouldn't the game come with it? and I did also enjoy the Mod until it got tedious and monotonous because the game is tedious and monotonous (no fault of the Mod really)

I do thank Vahndaar for bringing it to us, I must say that it was a breath of fresh air but it didn't last for me.

• Eagleyezx

@fcac-no-moe I really hope Ubiflop builds the AI for a squad. The best tactical squad based shooter on console is Operation Flashpoint and the AI fights on that game were incredible. The gun fights were from medium to long range.

With that said, the game shines with no AI, 1 AI or with co-op play. It's sad to say, but that's how they coded it.

I think we will all expect a decent open world in the next game. Maybe a decent not so decent storyline. But the biggest anticipation is how the AI is.

With that said, I am enjoying the game a lot more because its clear they made the game as a solo player experience. This is quite weird.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1285 posts
    @Eagle-eyezx I really hope Ubiflop builds the AI for a squad. The best tactical squad based shooter on console is Operation Flashpoint and the AI fights on that game were incredible. The gun fights were from medium to long range.

I do believe the majority of the true hardcore GR players would want an AI based on now a days technology and not what we have had since FS up to now. I never played Operation Flashpoint so I can't have an opinion on it. Well, I did for a few minutes but I couldn't cope with the many different buttons (at least on PC) but I did enjoy the first few skirmishes with the enemy.

@Eagle-eyezx With that said, the game shines with no AI, 1 AI or with co-op play. It's sad to say, but that's how they coded it.

And again, nothing new for me, we all knew it from the beginning but only those close to Ubisoft or naive or very hopeful people thought that bringing the teammates 1 year after the fact would change the game and/or even make it a proper GR experience. hell, the Immersion experience is not but most people think it is. I may be the hopeful thinking that the Studio could bring a proper GR experience. 😖

@Eagle-eyezx I think we will all expect a decent open world in the next game. Maybe a decent not so decent storyline. But the biggest anticipation is how the AI is.

I don't know about you but I am expecting a 95% to 98% finished Ghost Recon game, otherwise, why are we here.

@Eagle-eyezx With that said, I am enjoying the game a lot more because its clear they made the game as a solo player experience. This is quite weird.

Again, no doubt. This is what the Far Cry Sequel should have been and I thank them that there was no genetically enhanced creatures, although, I didn't try the Raid so, I am not 100% sure.

• vahndaar
    129 posts

The game needs to be hardcore and AI needs to be advanced and dynamic. This is required so that planning and tactics become essential to success, and as a result, rewarding to use. Success should feel earned and player skill and intelligence rewarded.

By all means have difficulty options, but fundamentally the game should be a challenge to bring the different systems to life and give them purpose and meaning.

With regards to strategy, I'd really like to see skills and classes replaced by a weight based loadout system with gear that has a tangible gameplay impact. Class would then emerge dynamically and naturally from loadout choices.

Progression should come from territory and facility capture which then enable tactical options and opportinities. For example, want air support? Capture an airbase.

Want rebel support? Liberate captives etc.

Want to reduce enemy road patrols, capture checkpoints and vehicle depot's.

Perhaps the player can recruit and develop squad members from allied forces, watching them grow and develop, and when they die, they die.

Underpinning this should be dynamic factions which evolve independently of player actions, taking and loosing territory and strength. These factions would have relationships with the player that can be manipulated and exploited.

All that aside, the minute to minute gameplay has to be designed to be challenging so that all of these options and systems have meaning and impact gameplay and the player is pushed to think and use them well.

That would be a satisfying and rewarding experience.

• Virtual-Chris
    807 posts

@vahndaar

Has Paris offered you a job yet? 😉

• Eagleyezx

@vahndaar I second with Chris, Ubiflop hire the man.

Breakpoint is an enjoyable game, but it's the missing potential that I think frustrates us.

I think the added game features you added would be more than welcome. Especially recruiting allies into an Alpha, Bravo squad like in GR1/GRAW.

I recon we should hear something about the next game by November.

And I'm also curious as to what Ubiflop is doing or not doing at all with Delta Company in regards to the new game.

• vahndaar
    129 posts

I'd love to work with them on design if the option was there. I can code and have modded several games, with gameplay systems and design being what I'm particularly interested in, but GR is my favourite franchise alongside the souls games.

To be honest most of Delta is aligned on the vision for what the franchise could be, as well as the community here.

What I think would work for the sequel would be a more involved monthly workshop with representatives from the dev team there, showing ideas and general direction so that we could offer feedback and advice.

Hopefully that's a possibility for the future!

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1285 posts
    The game needs to be hardcore and AI needs to be advanced and dynamic. This is required so that planning and tactics become essential to success, and as a result, rewarding to use. Success should feel earned and player skill and intelligence rewarded.

By all means have difficulty options, but fundamentally the game should be a challenge to bring the different systems to life and give them purpose and meaning.

With regards to strategy, I'd really like to see skills and classes replaced by a weight based loadout system with gear that has a tangible gameplay impact. Class would then emerge dynamically and naturally from loadout choices.

Progression should come from territory and facility capture which then enable tactical options and opportinities. For example, want air support? Capture an airbase.

Want rebel support? Liberate captives etc.

Want to reduce enemy road patrols, capture checkpoints and vehicle depot's.

Perhaps the player can recruit and develop squad members from allied forces, watching them grow and develop, and when they die, they die.

Underpinning this should be dynamic factions which evolve independently of player actions, taking and loosing territory and strength. These factions would have relationships with the player that can be manipulated and exploited.

All that aside, the minute to minute gameplay has to be designed to be challenging so that all of these options and systems have meaning and impact gameplay and the player is pushed to think and use them well.

That would be a satisfying and rewarding experience.

This right here is enough to make the next AAA proper GR game, the rest of the eye candy is up to whatever amount of money Ubi wants to spend. And like this precious tid bit, others have said things that if included it could create the Monster GOAT GR or have DLCs coming out their butts for a long long time. No gimmicks needed or allowed.

Throw in your NFTs and other MTX for the guys who have the money and want to spend it and what you have here is the king of all Shooter Games.

I don't agree with the Delta thing in your last post vhandaar because it hasn't work in the past and I rather we start fresh, with someone that the community here and the other feedback centers agree upon but that we choose to send and not that Ubi pick. Better yet, they can propose the workshop and we can all discuss it here and come up with a few directions (it will be super tough to select just one and more so from the other feedback communities) but this way, everything is in the open up, no surprises, no mythological creatures, etc.

• jmagnum50
    136 posts

@vahndaar Now some of this stuff I do agree with, like liberating outposts and airports, that stuff sounds like good tactical options. It can help to make Ghost Recon be tactical in ways other than just telling your teammates what to do and deciding what to bring with you. That is a much needed option. Still personally on the fence about weight systems, but I'll just have to see how it goes. Also, talk about making the game hardcore or something sounds like something reserved for difficulties to me. Ghost Recon should still be a tactical game no matter what difficulty you set it on, but I don't start a game from day one with the most brutal settings on. If it's too easy in easy mode, adjust the difficulty or gameplay settings (similar to Ghost Experience) to make it just right. But anyway more tactical choices other than just team orders and what items you choose, yes let's add that.

• LoneSpymaster
    15 posts

@fcac-no-moe I kind of disagree, it was a really interesting idea (for me) to have a solo ghost recon game as in a way to change things up, if it was done properly.

If it was built around surviving while trying to find other ghosts so you can have a bigger chance against your enemies, while also looking at the psychological implications that may happen when finding fellow ghosts tortured and/or executed by people you trusted who are also hunting you down. 

If written properly it could´ve been a really good experience and I guess that’s what they were trying to do giving the name “Breakpoint”
    But with Ubisoft is always good ideas and bad executions.

Instead, they coward out so survival elements are half baked, the ideas of being solo go out of the window because they are afraid to do a single player experience and must force online coop.

I remember when on Wildlands they used the term “how to survive” when there is no surviving to do lol unless looking for basic weapons and attachments is surviving.

Wildlands and Breakpoint are third person Far Cry experiences, and they play like one. People ignored this when I said it back in the day with Wildlands, I mean the gameplay is the same lol 

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1285 posts
    @LoneSpymaster I kind of disagree, it was a really interesting idea (for me) to have a solo ghost recon game as in a way to change things up, if it was done properly.

If it was built around surviving while trying to find other ghosts so you can have a bigger chance against your enemies, while also looking at the psychological implications that may happen when finding fellow ghosts tortured and/or executed by people you trusted who are also hunting you down. 

If written properly it could´ve been a really good experience and I guess that’s what they were trying to do giving the name “Breakpoint”
    But with Ubisoft is always good ideas and bad executions.

I could have agreed with you at the beginning because, sure, i could dig that scenario where we were all coming in as a group (don't quiet understand why my teammates were in separate Helos but ok, sure, given a good story, I could eat that.

I don't agree with you in that "This is what they were trying to do given the name Breakpoint" though. I don't because it is clear that in no point in time they wanted to make the time, the effort, the sacrifice to come up with teammates. I am clearly speaking before the Shellacking and the pitches and forks, which, again (and to me personally) translated into a drug induced half churn Teammates and, well... the rest is history.

@LoneSpymaster Instead, they coward out so survival elements are half baked, the ideas of being solo go out of the window because they are afraid to do a single player experience and must force online coop.

I remember when on Wildlands they used the term “how to survive” when there is no surviving to do lol unless looking for basic weapons and attachments is surviving.

Wildlands and Breakpoint are third person Far Cry experiences, and they play like one. People ignored this when I said it back in the day with Wildlands, I mean the gameplay is the same lol 

I could be wrong in a lot of people's eyes but I still insist that they believed people were going to be opening their wallets as long as they offered plenty of weapons, variants, skins and tons and tons of gear... everything else (like the shooting, enemy AI be damned) because of what they have been asking in WL (people willing to pay 20 US Dollars for a simple weapon or gear).

Suggested Topics