ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 1 Likes/56 Replies/2985 Views
    Leeroy0104
    Original poster 1 posts

Im playing on the ps5 and currently playing through DoR however I seem to have an issue where the quest objective states to Find and speak to Einar but there is no quest markers at all and I have even found his location through videos yet after speaking to him he just stands there unable to be interacted with with no change to the quest objective I've tried all the troubleshooting methods to no avail I was hoping for a fix but I can't find one anywhere

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• arnhemboy818
    5 posts

I can't proceed with the "scholar and the sunstone" mission on my PS4.

In chapter 2 you have to follow Einar, but just before 'Hvergelmir Mylna' he stops and you can't interact with him in any way. But the mission indicator keeps saying, that i have to follow Einar.

I have the newest update and tried reinstalling, reloading, but nothing seems to work.

Is there a fix for this?

• Ubi-Peach
    Ubisoft Support Staff 252 posts

Hi there @arnhemboy818. I see you are unable to interact with Einar. This is quite odd. For our investigation into this, could you please try these basic troubleshooting steps as well as a clean reinstall? If these do not change anything, please upload your save to the cloud and let me know.

Official Response
  • arnhemboy818
    5 posts

@Ubi-Peach I did all the troubleshooting, but it didn't resolve the issue. I have uploaded my save to the cloud.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1259 posts

@arnhemboy818

Thanks for that. I have sent your video and save file over to the ACV team for further investigation.

Please keep an eye on the forums for updates on this as and when we get them.

Official Response
  • bielik01
    1800 posts

@arnhemboy818 try making him move, like push him, aim at him with a bow, throw a corpse at him (it worked with some unmovable shelves 😂).

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Thanks for sharing those workarounds, @bielik01! Indeed, sometimes giving stuck NPCs a push using a mount or by throwing objects (even corpses) at them can cause them to be "re-adjusted" onto the correct path. It could be worth trying this to see if this causes Einar to move.

I'd like to assure you that the dedicated teams are looking into this issue with "The Scholar and the Sunstone" quest as well. Any future updates regarding this quest will be made available within the News & Announcements forum via patch notes, so please keep an eye out for these.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • arnhemboy818
    5 posts

@bielik01 i tried running in to him, slashing him, but it didn't work. But I'll throw some corpses at him, maybe that'll help 😂😂

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4692 posts

Hi @arnhemboy818 apologies for the late response.

I'm sorry to hear that none of the workarounds suggested have helped.

As mentioned previously, please keep checking the News & Announcements forum for updates future via the patch notes.

Official Response
  • Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3939 posts

Hey there @leeroy0104 ,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this!

This issue has already been raised to the team, who hope to resolve it in a future patch.

We can't yet confirm when a fix is scheduled, but will update the forums as and when there's more news.

Thank you and if there's anything more we can answer or help with, please let us know!

Official Response
  • VatoLoco420
    2 posts

Im playing on the ps5 and currently playing through DoR however I seem to have an issue where the quest objective states to Find and speak to Einar but there is no quest markers at all and I have even found his location through videos yet after speaking to him he just stands there unable to be interacted with with no change to the quest objective I've tried all the troubleshooting methods to no avail I was hoping for a fix but I can't find one anywhere

im having the same problem, got a festival going on and new mastery challenges but this glitch still here

• n0n4me2019
    2 posts

I'm having the same bug as well on the pc version of the game.

• n0n4me2019
    2 posts

Hi,
    I have the same bug that other players are complaining as well on PS5 on the pc version of the game .The quest marker doesn't appear on the map and I can't interact with Einar.I've tried reinstalling the game throwing bodies at him but nothing worked.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @n0n4me2019, thanks for getting through to us, welcome to forums and sorry to hear about the issue you ran into during 'The Scholar and the Sunstone' quest.

As it stands, I can confirm that we have received other player contacts about Einar stopping, not moving any further and therefore preventing players from progressing any further, so with that in mind, after thorough review, I can see that we have fix scheduled with one of the upcoming updates, however more details will be available closer to the time, so keep an eye on any news and announcements and apologies about the inconvenience this may cause for the time being.

Should you have any further queries, let us know!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey guys! @VatoLoco420 @n0n4me2019

First and foremost - thanks for getting in touch and welcome to forums! 🙂

As it stands and as stated by @Ubi-TheBerry, we have received contacts about this particular matter from other players and after thorough review by our development team, fix is scheduled with one of the upcoming updates, however more details will be available closer to the time, so apologies about the inconvenience this may cause for the time being and if you have any further queries, let us know!

Official Response
  • damspaccino
    14 posts

same for me.
    there is the issue

• iguanne47
    1 posts

@arnhemboy818 Hello I have the same problem.😢

• damspaccino
    14 posts

me i have this one,
    find and talk to einar.
    i talk to him and nothink

• damspaccino
    14 posts

same but i can talk to him but nothing happen.
    the video

• Ubi-Oxavo
    805 posts

Hello @damspaccino and @Iguana215 ,

First of all, welcome to Discussions! Thank you for taking your time and sending us the reports regarding the issue in "The Scholar and the Sunstone".
    The issue should be resolved with one of the future updates.

I'd also recommend keeping an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for any patch notes, as any fixes included in future updates will be published within these.

Feel free to get in touch if you have any other questions.

Suggested Topics