ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Poshblobfish
    Original poster 1 posts

So for some reason, Ubisoft Connect is demanding a 126 GB download for the 12 GB update for PC. I looked in my install directory and it's downloading an entire second copy of the game. For some reason I think it just doesn't recognize I already have it installed? So I click the "Locate installed game" button below "Download" and select the proper install folder. It verifies the files and says the game is playable, but it won't actually let me play and still continues the full double install. I saw a similar issue to this for people who downloaded the game from the Epic Games Launcher, but I downloaded my game directly from Ubisoft Connect so I'm a bit lost as to what could be causing this issue.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2516 posts

Hey @poshblobfish

I apologise for the delayed reply and that it was doing this. I don't know if you hadn't played the game for a while, but there was an update previously that did require the full game download again to compress the size of the game a bit. So if you hadn't done that update previously, that will probably be why. If that wasn't the cause for you, have you already found a workaround to it or already redownloaded it anyway and just uninstalled the previous installation?

Official Response

Suggested Topics