ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Acidello
    Original poster 73 posts

Hi everyone!
    I love your work, and I'm very satisfied with Seeds of Change!!
    As the title says, the key to "reset" Scenario progress is greyed out if there are no savegames, but if progress has been made and savegames have been deleted afterwards, there is no option to reset that progress and next scenario will have the buffs from previous attempts. This is what I experienced in "Seasons of Silver": I made a first attempt, unlocked buffs for following attempts, but wasn't satisfied and wanted to retry from scratch, so I deleted all savegames. There was no option to reset scenario progress so I assumed that I would have started without buffs, but I found the buffs (Trading Posts / Hacienda built) on the next attempt.
    I can forward screenshots or other material if needed.
    Keep up the good work 😄

Acidello

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Katje-Katrien
    46 posts

@acidello Hello,

A quote from this blog https://anno-union.com/updates/anno-1800-game-update-14/: (https://anno-union.com/updates/anno-1800-game-update-14) from the Anno union.

• Disabled the “Reset Scenario” button and UI functions when no scenario or save data exists

Maybe this will help you.

Cheers,

Katje-Katrien

• Acidello
    Original poster 73 posts

@katje-katrien Thanks!
    Although what I'm saying is that when this "reset" option is disabled there is save data, so what is written on the release notes "...when no [scenario or] save data exists" is not true in my case, as when I start a new scenario unable to reset I find the previous progress from other (deleted) savegames.

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 914 posts

@acidello Hey there, thanks for reaching out to report this issue! What happens if you delete those save games, verify your files, and then start a new scenario? Do those buffs still appear? If so, please go ahead and send some screenshots of this behavior so I can get this reported up.

@Katje-Katrien Thanks for chiming in! That particular update could definitely be related to the issue that @Acidello is experiencing.

Official Response
  • Katje-Katrien
    46 posts

@ubi-mushy Hello,
    You are most welcome.
    Cheers,
    Katje-Katrien

• Acidello
    Original poster 73 posts

@ubi-mushy Thanks for the quick answer!

I followed your instructions:

• deleted all "Seasons of Silver" scenario savegames;
    • verified files;
    • restarted game;
    • checked there were no savegames (no "cloud downloaded" savegames neither);
    • checked that that the "reset scenario" key was greyed out;
    • started a new "Seasons of Silver" game: the buffs were still there (Hacienda already rebuilt and both Trading Posts placed);

So far, the only way I could reset my scenario progress was by having scenario savegame and clicking on the (not anymore greyed out) "reset scenario" key.
    So, if no savegames are present, I just need to start a new save, reset the scenario and delete the savegame to start a new one with no previous progress unlocked, but that sounds too complicated to be meant to work like that, so in my opinion it must be a bug of some kind.
    I'm sending a few screenshots for clarity, feel free to ask me if you need other stuff.
    "reset scenario" key greyed out:

Scenario progress from previous (unexisting) savegames:

Thank you again for your patience and support!
    Let me know if I can help you in other ways, or make other attempts,
    Acidello

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3362 posts

Thank you very much for getting back to us with this @katje-katrien !

I've passed this onto the team so they can take a closer look into this.

If we need any more information, or if we have any further updates, we'll let you know here!

Official Response

Suggested Topics