ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 1635 posts

For those of us who remember the problems with the first Ostara Festival a year ago, it seems that the bugs we experienced have been fixed. More surprising is the fact that the Ubisoft developers have managed to avoid the problems we had with the Year 2 Yule Festival by not only releasing the festival for year one players on schedule, but preventing the problems with Norvid’s shop inventory.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the fact that the Viking Brawl activity has been slightly improved. The fighters have new outfits and some look completely different from their usual Saxon counterparts, which is a nice change.

Despite that all of the activities and story events for the festival are exactly the same, which is unfortunate, Ubisoft seems to have gone out of its way this time to make some amends to the players by offering not just a season release of Opals on Ubisoft Connect, but throwing out Opal rewards at Norvid’s Festival Shop, in addition to two new weapons... giving us something to earn for doing the same stuff over again.

Speaking of which... one of the new weapons, the Vernal Bow, has a similar adrenaline-granting ability as the new Leaf Bow in Hildiran’s Wares, and the Spear of Renewal compliments some of the health-generating skills that came with the Dawn of Ragnarök expansion. Regarding the bow... I noticed that when upgrading it, there’s a super cool effect that is identical to that seen on the Duneyrr mount. Here’s a video clip I took showing the effect...

The only outstanding issue with the festival that seems to persist is the fact that the additional settlement decoration spot we received last year has still not been restored since the Year 2 Yule shenanigans. I guess that was either overlooked or avoided entirely to prevent further problems.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• bielik01
    1804 posts

@thenorfolkian at least time I got to experience brawling quest 😂
    Not gonna lie... when I first started it, my game crashed, but then I was able to complete two tournaments.

• Wascaliwabbit
    53 posts

@thenorfolkian if you completed the festival quests last year, can you still do them again?

• bielik01
    1804 posts

@wascaliwabbit yeah, they fixed this year's Yule problem in Ostara.
    I was able to participate in the festival right away.

• TheNorfolkian

@wascaliwabbit Yes, they can be completed again. There is one thing I did notice this time is that when I did the May Queen quest, the ‘clues’ were automatically discovered because I had done the quest last year. All I had to do was go to the first clue location and then run over to the guy on the rock. Attempting to investigate clues along the way did not result in any dialogue from Eivor.

**Also, I forgot to note in my first post that the Spear of Renewal also has the same effect as the Vernal Bow when fully upgraded. It’s pretty cool when fighting with it.

• Kormac67
    1100 posts

I was pleasantly surprised you still can find all 15 egg baskets. I expected one had become impossible because they built a hut on the spot meanwhile or something.

• TheNorfolkian

@kormac67 I’ll admit that I halfway expected them to change up the placement locations of the eggs and was slightly annoyed that the same spots from last year were used.

• EmilyWatkins46
    4 posts

@thenorfolkian I can’t even see the Viking Brawl activity! My games glitched out massively! The eggs are in the sky, I can’t speak to the NPC’s to start quests, the targets aren’t there and I can’t fast travel anywhere… Not having a good time with this years festival 😞

• TheNorfolkian

@guest-ne2oxfoh Do you have a screenshot or video clip? I’d love to see these eggs in the sky you speak of.

• Pomru
    2 posts

@guest-ne2oxfoh Same here. I had to use my horse to get the final egg just floating in the area that the event is supposed to take place. It's completely barren, except for the eggs now piled around an invisible structure with a few floating on top. Ake won't even walk to the 2nd part of the Spiritual Defense quest. The Twirling Targets quest is shown on the map and I can talk to the quest giver, but no targets are shown. I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Even when back to a cloud save and Ostara is STILL glitched. Talking to Norvid doesn't show either character, just voices in the air and then a weird glitch returning to Eivor when closing the dialog. I guess my save is borked. This is what you get for being an early adopter.

• Mortedartius
    4 posts

Having problem starting Ostara Festival. Quest says go to Ravensthorpe, so I do via country change and boat, nothing happens. Green quest diamond stays in sky above Ravensthorpe. There is some items nearby lighting up under vision so I move them, but they just go back to where they were and nothing happens. Will try verying files and repair.

• TheNorfolkian

I just noticed that unlike last year, Eivor’s post-brawl behavior has changed. Before, he simply laid flat in a drunken stupor... now he curls up into a fetal position and scratches his butt or acts like a dog dreaming. It’s very silly...

• friday-s
    5 posts

@pomru it sounds a lot like my experience after trying to fix the Reda communication issue unlinking my account and linking it again my festival went sideways and disappeared. I can still try the archery but here aren’t any targets. I tried a fresh install too. No help. An old save did load the festival but no way am I losing 80 hours.

Suggested Topics