ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MaxKiller181
    Original poster 6 posts

I am pretty much done with the division. This post has been a long time coming and will likely be seen as a childish rant vs the huge amount of truth and much needed criticism of the decisions of the dev team behind the division games. I do not say all that I am going to say just to [censored] and complain, but it's obvious that the devs and Ubisoft themselves have no idea what a huge hit the division could be if they actually listened to the right feedback. So to get to what set me off to all this is the recent realization that all the weapons got nerfed. I'd imagine this is because they are soon to release the new system that grants tiny dmg increases over time and more effort. I already have 4 characters in division 2. Months of in-game played time across all of them 2 of them existed before the expansion. First things first, you need to Stop trying to balance pve and pvp It Is NEVER going to happen. It's been your continued mistake to think you can. You failed in division 1 and division 2. Every time you try to balance stuff for pvp you screw the other side of the game and vice versa. They need to be completely Separate. It's the only way to get the needed balance to pve and pvp. Moving on the newest change just farther makes weapons and weapon dmg builds trash as skill builds were already so much better. Most of the issues in detail stem from their changes to balance pve or pvp as I already stated. Aside from this the wony expansion is one of the Only game expansions I have played where the game did not improve. It was mostly due to their gutting of the complexity that existed with gear, talents and weapons pre wony. You went from about a highschool or college level of complexity to Kindergarten. Thanks. There are many many more little details that they screwed up time and time again. I'm just so sick of it. I' would not be excited to see a division 3 after how the division 2 has been handled. Good day. Thanks for reading if you did. There are many more examples I could list but honestly there are too many mistakes being made. It's no wonder companies like Ubisoft seen to be floundering. They don't view things from a players perspective and that Is All That Matters.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• nugster
    21 posts

@maxkiller181 In my humble opinion (almost 2k hours spent enjoying The Division 2) WONY was one of the best expansions this franchise has ever seen, if not the best.

It created great build diversity and added great content. I can only hope that we see another expansion like it in the future.

• Noxious81
    1197 posts

a) This post has nothing to do with the current PTS and any of its phases (if it has I couldn't find it in that cluttered text).

b) I totally agree with nugster, WoNY was a great expansion. And it must not be mixed up with the Title Update that brought Gear 2.0, as this affected the whole game, not just the expansion's content. Anyway... also Gear 2.0 was a great and necessary change and allowed a much bigger build diversity.

• MaxKiller181
    Original poster 6 posts

@noxious81 soo to your point they did not have to gut all the old fun builds to make the ones we have now. They just needed some new stuff. Honestly there are less build s now than before. But now you can tank or be more a support build. The skills also have crap mods now. Before had a lot more variety to boost whatever you wanted.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    644 posts

@maxkiller181
    I was very happy and excited when WoNY came out because I was so deeply disappointed from the DC map after the great Division 1 map. BUT I was upset because we were forced to grind again. Now a comparable situation.

Well it’s cheap content and apparently a lot people love it.

• Noxious81
    1197 posts
    (...) we were forced to grind again. Now a comparable situation. (...)

Why do you feel you are forced to grind? Expertise is strictly optional, you may choose to completely ignore this feature and continue playing the game the way you like it best. You can play the new Season, create builds with the new gear, or play Countdown instead... you don't need upgraded gear for anything. There is no "you must" in Expertise.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    644 posts

@noxious81
    yeah, I agree with you. In PvE one can ignore but not in PvP and most PvP players I know despise grind. There is no force for me personally because PvP I mainly play in Division 1.

With respect to season and Countdown: no value for me.

Countdown I played now around 20 times, done with it. When the manhunt bug is solved I will redo DCD, then my D2 time is over. Already started a new game, waited enough for new content which resulted in a big frustration. I might return when I read here that they intend to add further missions and open world content in future.

• Noxious81
    1197 posts
    (...) but not in PvP and most PvP players I know despise grind. (...)

That is indeed something I couldn't fully grasp yet – I really expected Expertise to be "removed" for PvP by Normalization. But that somehow doesn't seem to be like that. And I really wonder why... because as you said, players strictly playing PvP usually aren't into such grind-systems – and much worse, Expertise this way could lead to even more imbalances in PvP.

(...) With respect to season and Countdown: no value for me. (...)

Well yes... concerning the Seasons, I have to admit that I never was such a huge fan of the manhunts anyway. While I do respect that they revamped the four "smaller" targets a bit with placing them inside missions (instead of the open world), I still did expect a bit more after having read the Intelligence Annex. So... yes... Manhunts are rather meh. But Global Events and Leagues are still nice To-do lists, which I personally enjoy a lot. Lucky me 😉

But it's a shame you don't fancy Countdown. I totally enjoy it – although after only being able to watch it during PTS, I really did not expect it to be that good. I now have played dozens of matches: alone via MM, with one to four clan members and MM for filling up the group, and in a group of eight clan members... and surprisingly every combination worked out at least ok'ish. Yeah of course – being in comms and playing with people who actually know how to play (in general, and also specifically Countdown) makes the mode significantly easier, but even in the worst cases it still was kind of fun, taking care of all the important things other players neglected wrongfully.

Yet I do understand why people can't get a connection to that mode. But again... it's a shame. Maybe you can give it another try, maybe in other combinations of players/builds...?

• GnarlyAtol1793
    644 posts

@noxious81
    Hi Noxious,

I couldn’t complete the manhunt yet because my game crashed 2 times in DCD, so cannot completely judge. What I have seen so far surprises me that people are that exited about it.

As you know, I love the base game, especially playing in the great open world, the missions and darkzone. But this manhunt is: the same control points, a propaganda broadcast and a bounty embedded in a mission map. Yes, it’s change but a negligible change for 1 hour playtime only but from their marketing I expected something else. I will see when the DCD bug is solved and redo.

What I like about the new manhunt, that you contact someone first in base of operations because it provides a bit realism and context instead of go somewhere and shoot only. That is indeed a good addition. Exactly this I proposed several times to combine tasks a bit with narrative. What I further like is, what I proposed several times as well, making use of the great mission maps for other tasks instead of this one time use, didn’t have bounties in mind, rather small sidemissions, projects with story contribution. The DCD map I like a lot and Pentagon and several others, super great maps for additional use. This is definately a good improvement. But for a short moment only in these manhunts. Basically it means continue playing 99% of our play time the old things.

With respect to Countdown: well, as we can see here and in Reddit there are apparently a lot players who like it, also some of my friends or clan members play it. When I ask them what they like, mostly the answer is „a lo loot“ … Therefore it’s good that they prepared it. I played it several times with my Iron Horse friends, all of them returned to the normal Raids, I played it with my usual team and with randoms. It’s simply not my cup of tea. But it’s fine that it is there as said. Was hoping till the last second that they in addition would make use of the map for normal missions as well because of all the feedback from the community, with story contribution, where you can choose to play alone or in a team and the difficulty level, as it has been done for the added outskirt missions. But keeping current mode of course. One map, for two purposes. What I like about the map is the open design, as Kenly. That would be a good basis for more varied missions as in other shooters instead of this typical 100% linear tunnel-like design.

Builds: I am neither a grinder nor a build guy, I have 3 builds only, 1 for darkzone, 1 for lightzone, a skill build for lazy playing in legendary 😊. No interest in further builds. My focus is gameplay, not these technicalities.

But started Far Cry 6 now. My Division 2 time is over but will complete the Manhunt when the bug is solved. With SHD 8.100 it was quite some play time, far away from yours of course 😊. In parallel to Far Cry 6 I play the Division 1 campaign a 4th time, already started in Brooklyn … I love it ❤❤👌 and continue playing PvP with my old friends in Division 1, love the darkzone as well, no mode stuff, great 😁👌

In case they add further missions, eg integrating the classified assignments, and open world content in future, I might return. Seasons are definately no driver. Leagues I do not play, dislike rushing, and global events I played in my grind phase only to get optimization crates. No driver for me to return.

I whish you a good time
    enjoy
    Best
    Gnarly

Suggested Topics