ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 1 Likes/4 Replies/70 Views
    kyojim524
    Original poster 1 posts

One thing I've noticed in the Assassin's Creed series is that, whenever a target is killed, you never see the Templar Order react to fill in the void. Like, you'll see them react to the person's death, but not make any efforts to replace them or reformat the bureaucracy so that someone else can take over their functions.

I get that news traveled slower back in the day, but considering these games typically take place over multiple years, it's kinda odd that you don't see that happen. I get, from a gameplay perspective, you want to show progression via the protagonist slowly inching their way to the Head Honcho, but there should still be a narrative reason why they aren't doing anything. ACI was probably the only exception to this since Al Mualim's whole goal was to get rid of the other members.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• AnimusLover
    325 posts

@kyojim524 This is a really good point. I probably need to replay some of the old games to re-familiarise myself with the timelines of each protagonist as my memory is fuzzy. I recall Syndicate - which had one of the shortest timelines in the series from the twins arrival in London to the end of the game - made a point about how difficult it would be to replace someone who has infiltrated each segment of society which is why when Jacob killed the Templars Evie had to go round finding worthy (non Templar) replacements. The only plausible explanation I can think of is that the replacement would just be assassinated again and that the fact that a Templar fell in the first place proves whatever structure the Order currently has in place doesn't work. This is why throughout the years the Templars reinvent themselves and tyranny takes on a new face whether it's the French Revolution or [censored] Germany but that takes years upon years. But that's me really reaching because the truth is, as you said, in gameplay terms the player needs to feel like they're progressing.

• Skauron
    18 posts

For people who've hit 'end game' and completed much of the content this mechanism would help a lot.. instead the lack of it leads towards the complete shelving of the game on your collection because you've ran out of story now and completed probably far more content than you would do or even 100%'d the game.

Allowing these characters to enter the game and go into hunt mode for you would add to the end-game excitement that is quite clearly .. missing.

• elenalelek55
    4 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics