ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Zailak7
    Original poster 2 posts

Hi,
    Playing on PS5.
    In the dawn of ragnarok expansion for Ac Valhalla ive been having a bug.
    After each quest/mission, raid, or go in the arena it causes me to lose the ability to access the map/inventory menu. When i try it, it simply says its "not currently available." It takes a complete shut down of the game to fix it, but always comes back after each mission/raid/arena etc. Has happened 6 or so times now since recent update. It means i can't fast travel or change inventory. The DOR expansion was working fine up until this latest update. Please fix this its very frustrating.
    Anyone got a fix or workaround for this?
    Thanks

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• warnings_echo
    2 posts

@zailak7 I am having the same issue on Xbox Series X. I started a raid and can no longer save or pull up the world map. It gives me the option to go to the Title screen or Options. That’s it. Very annoying.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there @warnings_echo & @Zailak7!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing your inventory and map screens whilst playing through the "Dawn of Ragnarok" expansion.

Just to clarify, does this issue only occur when taking part in story quests / raids / Kara's Arena battles, or are you finding that you're unable to access your menus when simply exploring the world outside of these events?

You also mention that you're able to re-access your menus after completing the story quest / raid / Arena battle, or after restarting the game. Is this correct for both of you, or do you find that you're unable to view your menus until you've restarted the game?

If you can provide a video that shows you're unable to access your in-game menus, and what you're doing at the time you can no longer access these menus, this would be very helpful for further investigation. I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look at.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • majeski6
    2 posts

I confirm that I can see the same issue on Stadia.

After finishing story mission, mystery challenge and others, "world map is not available", I can't access skills, abilities or save the game (exactly the same behavior as during cutscenes). It does not happen while exploring the world, only after missions. Going back to Title Screen and reloading the game fixes the problem.

Thanks

• majeski6
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis

I confirm that I can see the same issue on Stadia.

After finishing story mission, mystery challenge and others, "world map is not available", I can't access skills, abilities or save the game (exactly the same behavior as during cutscenes). It does not happen while exploring the world, only after missions. Going back to Title Screen and reloading the game fixes the problem.

Thanks

• combatParker25
    1 posts

I am having the same issue which is how I found this post. I noticed it in the middle of “hunter of Beasts”. I hit the first Gorm camp then went to grab a bow from a trader and I am unable to equip it now.
    I am on PS5.

• WarZui
    2 posts

This happens to me just by exploring in Ireland a lot.
    PS4.

Have to quicksave and return to main menu and reload a lot.

• jhildebrand777
    1 posts

I'm having the same issue. As soon as you complete a mission, etc as previously listed it is unaccessible. If you restart the system or load from a previous load it comes back briefly. Has there been any update on this?

• mhienm
    1 posts

I’m having this problem too, really annoying.

it also returns if you just let yourself die.

• Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff 790 posts

@majeski6 @combatParker25 @WarZui @jhildebrand777 @mhienm

Hey everyone! I'm sorry to hear that all of you are running into this issue as well. Just to clarify, are you only able to view the map again after going back to the main menu, or do you have to completely restart the game to get it to work?

If anyone could provide a video clip showing this issue, that would be super helpful! Just upload the video to YouTube as Public or Unlisted and share the link here so we can check it out. Once we have that video, we can get this reported up to the team.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • p8riot8
    1 posts

Just ran into this bug tonight. I could access the map and corelating menu tabs just fine, however as I approached a Raid area I lost the ability to access them. Even the quicksave function would intermittently say "Saving is not available" even after I was in a safe zone.
    On PC, Win10

• bielik01
    1804 posts

I got this error ("world map not currently available") twice already, after finishing the arena daily quest. Thankfully, I know where the Asgardian Tower is (as it's not very far), I try to fly there and leave Svartalfheim. When I do that, I can see the map/inventory back again.

• p25ste
    1 posts

Hi everyone.
    So, as you can guess, i have same problem as others.
    Started Yesterday right after i finished Lunden Arc and wanted to go visit Randvi. When u clicked map it wrote Map Is Unavaiable. When i wanted to go to menu, it looked exactly like menu you see at cutscenes. Now it happens after every mission/Raid.
    As far as i know ( tested), restart or returning to title screen and reloading game helps to solve this.

Now we know that it have nothing to do with Ragnarok DLC, because i own original game.

I tried to upload Video to YT, but somehow IT doesn't work for me, So ifit will be enough, i can send video via Phone (lol).
    Thanks for solutions And for looking to this problem, this Is very annoying one and ruining mood.

• Wispen42
    1 posts

I also got this bug. I started a raid on a monastery and the map become unavailable during the raid. I got all the chests but never got a completed message and thus still have no map and no save available. I can mount inside the monastery and use my raven, but no map.

I tried taking command of my ship, restarting the raid (not available), and just running away.

Quit to Title Screen DID fix the problem. I did not have to do a full reboot of the game.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2973 posts

Hey,

Thanks for the reports. Would anyone be able to capture a video or at least some images showing this please?

Official Response
  • bielik01
    1804 posts
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there @bielik01!

Thanks for taking the time to share this video with us. I've also encountered this issue in my own game, also following a round at Kara's Arena. I've forwarded the reports shared within this thread to the dedicated teams so they can look into this issue further.

If you have encountered this issue in-game, please can you provide us with the following information:

• What actions were taken prior to being unable to open up the menu/map screen?
    • If you quit to the title and reload your most recent save, does the issue still persist?
    • How frequently does this issue occur during gameplay?

Additionally, we'd be interested in collecting some additional videos that show you're unable to open up the usual menu/map screens, as these are helpful for the investigation. If you'd like to share a video with us, I'd recommend uploading these to a sharing platform (such as YouTube or Google Drive), as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread for us to take a closer look at.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • bielik01
    1804 posts

@ubi-borealis you know what... I think Hugr-rip abilities may be cause of it, especially Jotunheim power. I need to double check that.

• gabgabstyle
    2 posts

I have the same issue on PS4, exploring England. Can’t access the menu/map after completing a fly agaric in snotinghamscire 😞

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2768 posts

Hello @bielik01,

Thank you for sharing this! We will keep monitoring this thread for more details - if you can confirm that Hugr abilities are causing this for you, can you please let us know? Much appreciated!

@gabgabstyle - thank you keeping this thread up to date and I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• What actions were taken prior to being unable to open up the menu/map screen?
    • If you quit to the title and reload your most recent save, does the issue still persist?
    • How frequently does this issue occur during gameplay?

It will help our teams to investigate it further. Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.

Official Response

Suggested Topics