ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• WildHunt
    Original poster 232 posts

I've just loaded up my game and got this message (see screenshot). The festival has ended and Ravensthorpe is back to normal.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• WildHunt

Update: Logged in again after a while and the event is back on but it started as if it had just launched, so what I mean is the cut scene repeated and all the quests have reset. It is no big deal because the event shop remembers what items I had already bought and I still have them but it is strange the event ended, and then a reset happened.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5291 posts

Hi @wildhunt apologies for the late response.

I am also sorry to hear that you experienced this issue with the Ostara Festival.

I haven't seen any other reports of this but I have reported it to the development team.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5291 posts

Hi @WildHunt the development team asked which patch update you had installed when you first launched the Ostara festival and if you installed the latest patch update (1.5.1) the next time you launched the game?

Official Response
  • WildHunt

@ubi-keo Hi, I started the festival with the latest update installed, and the same when I relaunched and the festival was back.

This is what I was doing in-game just before the festival ended, it may be relevant:

1. I had just completed the discovery tour, got to the end, and got all the rewards
    2. I went back to the title screen in the discovery tour and selected the "quit to title screen" option to go back to the main game. But what this option actually does is restart the game completely, it shuts the game down and relaunches it, which I think is strange and possibly caused my next issue
    3. I then loaded up my campaign save for the base game and the event ended, I took the screenshot. I also noticed three of my discovery tour rewards were not unlocked in the campaign even though they were unlocked in the discovery tour
    4. After searching the forums for a solution to the missing rewards I went back to the discovery tour, loaded up my game, saved it, and instead of selecting the "quit to title screen" option on the discovery tour title screen, I selected "quit to desktop"
    5. I relaunched the game, loaded up my campaign save and the festival restarted. I got the festival cut scene and all the festival quests had reset, and all my missing discovery tour rewards popped up in-game, so that was both issues sorted for me

Maybe all this contributed to the event stopping and starting again? It does feel like the game crashes when you select that "quit to title screen" option in the discovery tour with the game completely restarting because if you go to the discovery tour from the main game it doesn't do a complete restart, you just go there. The transition back to the main game from the discovery tour seemed buggy to me and maybe it caused this festival issue.

• Ubi-Oxavo
    805 posts

Hello @WillHunt,

Thanks for describing all the steps you performed before the festival ended.

I have passed all the information your provided to the development team.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Suggested Topics