ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• nugster
    Original poster 21 posts

Hi there,

First things first, I'd like to thank the devs for continuing to support and develop the Division 2. Keep up the good work!

On to the topic of legendary difficulty – almost all the players I have spoken to (on the official discord channel and in-game) would absolutely LOVE to see more missions have legendary difficulty mode. Currently we only have the strongholds and Summit to play legendary on. With lots of players now at the end game, and with Expertise making us even stronger in the future, it would be a great time to introduce a new challenge.

Imagine missions like Federal Emergency Bunker, or Lincoln Memorial on legendary difficulty – it would be amazing. And eventually the next step could include level 5 control points, and even a legendary world tier!

If you're a Division 2 player reading this and think it would be something you could enjoy, please give it a thumbs up and maybe one day it will be a reality.

Thanks all.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SpArDaSr
    1 posts

@nugster I've been hoping this would be happening for quite some time. Imagine Tidal Basin.. it needs to happen to get all the day 1 players interested again. The difficulty was scaled down too far too.
    Anyway, I couldn't agree more and the post has my vote!

• I3eard_of_War
    549 posts

@nugster
    The amount of times others and I have suggested this here and they didn't do s#/t with it.
    I even gave suggestions for boss battles.
    - Wolfpack of Warhounds in DARPA Labs
    (Alpha,Beta,Charlie,Delta,Epsilon)
    - 4 Heavy/Chunga Rogue Agents in Pentagon (that use those Oversized Skills you see behind the Windows in DARPA Labs.

Anyway here is my thumbs up lol.

• homeyguacamoley
    2 posts

i just play Summit and on Legendary. i play it ALL the time. what i see is mostly guys running builds with no armor, thinking they can melt with their dps or skill/capacitor builds. and they get melted. over & over. for some reason, a whole lot of players can't seem to figure out that heroic in the light zone & legendary are not the same thing. so they die & die & die and then they leave the group. i'm thankful when they leave. less dead weight to carry.

• Macs1209
    124 posts

@homeyguacamoley
    Partially agree. Many players don't know how to play legendary, but this not means full red or yellow build not viable without blue cores. Yellow build can give targets to NPCs instead even the tank player, capacitor 1 mag can break chunga's backpack (priority target...), 2 skills can drain chunga stingers instead players (hive priorize skills first then players), turrets are priority targets for suicide drones, yellow are the safest builds. A red dilemma easily can melt on legendary, but not alone. If you cannot provide distraction (T0 turret/drone in a full group not worth it to deploy, 1-shot both), you will get melted in second. If you play tank, it much more easier if there are some skill deployed, you get less attention.
    My favorite legendary mission is the Capitol, I use to run to tower without getting a single shot, this easily can performed by a T6 decoy, ignoring the chunga/dog wave completely. 99% of player jump to cover asap when NPCs are out, deploy skills or try to shoot cover. This slow it down, especially when the 3rd wave comes and supports able to deploy the stations.

• SirSpacely420
    2 posts

@nugster would love to see many more legendary missions! Also it would be cool if we could run the missions backwards! Ie start at the end of the mission and work our way forward. I’m sure that might take some manipulating with spawn points etc but sounds like an awesome and fun new idea.

• Traumahawk
    171 posts

@macs1209 Eh, I only play legendary and do it with 5 yellow cores, 1 red core, tier 6 skills and i wear glass cannon. I do not hide and I play very aggressive. I don't rely on just the drone and turret. I routinely change my skills for the fight ahead.

• homeyguacamoley
    2 posts

@macs1209 agree. i say over the mic, it's not the build, it's how one plays w/the build one has. for some reason, players w/no armor push in, set up their turret, & then stay there! in Summit, we get wave after wave of hostiles, so after setting up turret, they get enveloped by the next wave. over & over i see this.

• N3mB0t
    1242 posts

imagine the classified missions with all dificulties + legendary . just imagine , double the missions on the map for everyone all of a sudden and a ton , no, 100 tons of new replayability.

• Imagine_Brata
    883 posts

My favorite is the Capitol Legendary, with hunters fury and shotgun. And scorpio is to OP

• GnarlyAtol1793
    737 posts

@nugster
    I think before we get this we will get more masks, glasses, scarves … exotics … the next progression system … the next mode …

I fear due to the Expertise system current legendary will feel like heroic and people starting begging for super legendary.

Personally I play limited legendary, would pretty much prefer improved open world content and more missions, even if they would make use of existing locations for it only and even if they would have the level of side missions only but content that contributes to the story. Current open world activities are nothing else than an endless stream mode.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    737 posts

@spardasr
    yeah, I do not understand that as well, why they decreased the difficulty level. Of course a lot people were complaint in the early days. But other games have also an easy mode. Division has normal only. They could have kept the difficulty and introducing a lower difficulty mode instead.

• IISYNll
    40 posts

@nugster Manning National Zoo, Tidal Basin, Liberty Island (at least).

It's gonna be a shame that we've been waiting so long for new content and they just give us Countdown with the new patch. Countdown is gonna be played a few times and then never again. It's going to turn into another Kenly College lol.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    737 posts

@traumahawk
    that surprised me!
    I play limited legendary, only when people ask for help. In this case I use a full yellow skill build full yellow and glass canon. I am dead already when NPCs are looking at me, and in heroic with half a bullet when I wouldnt hide 😁. How do you survive when not hiding, as you say?

• GnarlyAtol1793
    737 posts

@n3mb0t
    not sure whether your post is meant to be ironic, probably is.

But yes, integration of the classified assignments and addition of some further missions even when using existing buildings/locations of open world only is definitely pretty much preferred over the combined pack of Expertise/Countdown/New gear by a huge margin when it comes to my preference.

• nugster
    Original poster 21 posts

@gnarlyatol1793 Not ironic, just simply a request for Legendary content. Seems a waste to have all those missions and only 3 strongholds plus the Summit have this difficulty mode...

• GnarlyAtol1793
    737 posts

@iisynll
    I would assume that they can check what the active player base is playing most, means the percentage people playing open world, missions, darkzone, conflict, raids, summit, Kenly. If their decision for new content is based on such analysis, then people would play most raids, summit and Kenly.

The question is what drives the replay value for the people, playing that game a long time. Definitely the grind, which is a very sad and cheap motivation. We probably wouldn’t play the Call of Duty missions 100 times like Lexington in Division 1 to complete classified gear sets 😁.

But I also know a lot people who are addicted to division games because of other reasons, playing these games for years … guys comparable to the ones regularly posting in Reddit their new findings in open world, lovely atmospheric pictures, surprising encounters they had and the like.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    737 posts

@sirspacely420
    In bounties I recognized that this happens sometimes, 100% linearity multiplied with minus one … keeps me playing some further years, joking 😊.
    Every change is welcome.

But I would prefer if the missions would have an open design as in other shooters. Missions in division are great looking but 100% linear.

For example Pentagon, looks super great to me, unfortunately disappointing rooftop visuals, especially for a final battle.

We have that outside area of Pentagon which has only been used during campaign and even that area has been reduced by artificial hedges/blockades to have a condensed battlefield … the first waste. The other waste is, if the rooms/hallways wouldn’t be in a linear arrangement, instead having different ways and room areas left and right we would have an open mission map that could be used for additional tasks like smaller side missions and project, making use of the same mission map for different tasks, providing variety and story contribution. I assume that the development of the Pentagon was a huge effort … but for limited use only. Does not make sense.

• N3mB0t
    1242 posts

@gnarlyatol1793

not ironic at all , classy missions to all and rescaled to all dificulties might be the most unexpensive thing MASSIVE could do for the players in terms of giving us new content to play together .

not ironic at all.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    737 posts

@iisynll
    because you apparently like the Zoo mission: did you recognize the small crashed airplane hidden on the rocks in the bamboo area before the second to last battlefield? I am always wondering whether there is a secret attached because that airplanes hidden that much. You wouldnt recognize when not looking closely in that area.

Suggested Topics