ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Locked Moved Solved [RESOLVED][TU 1.5.1] [Xbox] Experiencing crashes / flickering graphics since TU 1.5.1 Update | POST HERE

4 Likes/166 Replies/5902 Views
    Ubi-Oxavo
    805 posts

Hello @Jethro701 and @TheRookieKill ,

Thanks for your reports. That's really frustrating to read that the game keeps crashing so frequently.
    I can confirm the issue is under investigation by our development team now, but as of now we're unable to provide you with a definite ETA.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

• GimmieTheSMG
    4 posts

@ubi-oxavo xbox one s here, I agree with the angry mob... Same thing happening here as well. Flickering skin textures then crashes within a few seconds. Please help.

• uquryn
    2 posts
    I've been having the same issue with my xbox series s for the past ten days, I lowered the graphics settings and deleted and reinstalled the game and nothing changed. I have the same problem every 15-20 minutes.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2974 posts

Hello @uquryn and @GimmieTheSMG,

Thank you for keeping this thread up to date and I'm really sorry about your experience.

I just checked the status of this issue for you and I can see that it's still being investigated. Once we have an update, we will let everyone know through the patch notes.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • GimmieTheSMG
    4 posts

@ubi-mark thanks Mark, please keep us posted. Played for 6 hours today and crashed 7 times. Any help is graciously appreciated.

• Ubi-Mark.

Hello @gimmiethesmg,

No worries, will do!

While this issue is still under investigation, can you please perform all of the troubleshooting steps listed in this article to check if it reduces crashes?

Many thanks!

Official Response
  • aksap
    3 posts
    Hello @gimmiethesmg,
    perform all of the troubleshooting steps listed in this article to check if it reduces crashes?

These were of no help. The game nonetheless crashes randomly after the textures start flashing. Sometimes you can play for a long time if you just wander around and collect valuables. Most often, a crash occurs when you participate in raids or when you move in places with a lot of people or inside buildings.

• Markie6969
    2 posts

I've previously played through AC valhalla with no technical issues, now I've got a couple of the dlcs the stability of the game is ridiculous. Frame rate drops are common, worst issues are player charactor and NPCs flickering then going invisible, both in world and in loadout screen, then the game will crash back to xbox screen. The chances of it happening seem greatest in castles etc, of course when you can't save/restart.

• Ubi-Mark.

Hello Vikings,

Thank you for your continuous report and for providing us with more videos. I'm really sorry to hear about your experience at the moment.

I passed along all of the information to the ongoing investigation. Once we have an update, we will let everyone know through the patch notes.

Meanwhile, can you please clarify the following:

• What graphical game mode are you playing on?
    • The exact model of the console?
    • What activities were you doing in-game (fighting, interacting, movement, etc)?

Many thanks and apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Thank you for your patience while our teams are looking into this issue!

Official Response
  • Paradox25360
    2 posts

I just bought the game, and I really appreciate tearing when moving the camera, I play in series s performance mode, can you solve it with the patch that you are going to release soon? thank you so much for your attention.

• Paradox25360
    2 posts

I just bought the game, and I really appreciate tearing when moving the camera, I play in series s performance mode, can you solve it with the patch that you are going to release soon? thank you so much for your attention.

• GimmieTheSMG
    4 posts

@ubi-mark confirmed, done and done. Problem persists. Makes me wonder if it's a graphics driver issue of some sort but I'm sure you and the team would know better than I. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

• ThatEazye
    2 posts

@ubi-oxavo
    I am also experiencing these exact same crash issues! Doesn’t matter if I’m free roaming, in battle, progressing the story or during conversations AC Valhalla consistently crashes, 15min to an 1hour of gameplay & I’m rebooting the game on my Xbox Series S. I’ve tried reinstalling & that unfortunately didn’t help. Please fix this with an update as I really do think this is a great game but there is definitly a glitch in the animus!

• Rbn85Brb83
    12 posts

@ubi-mark It happens to me in all kinds of situations and in the 2 graphic modes with series s. It happens to me in exploration, in missions, looting, cinematics... It's a horror to play the game, every so often turning off the console before everything starts to flicker and close itself, with continuous jerks, please update soon.

• DaJiaDeYEYEhh
    15 posts

@ubi标记 Now I don't even want to open Valhalla because the screen tears so badly on my XBOX series x

• DaJiaDeYEYEhh
    15 posts

Valhalla on my XBox series x screen tearing very badly, which very much affects my gaming experience before the update 1.5.0 this situation is basically not

• TerribleNickel4
    1 posts

@queenc22992 I have the same problem!:(

• max200415
    1 posts

@ubi-viral any word on this issue? Having the same issues. Can you all patch this for the Xbox? I am slowly loosing my patience with this issue.

Dragon Wizard 360.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3664 posts

Hey @markie6969

I'm sorry to hear you've started experiencing some issues after obtaining the DLC's. I wonder if your HDD space may be reaching it's limit and causing some strain on the performance. How much space do you have left available?

Official Response
  • Kuborr26
    6 posts

I recently noticed that sometimes characters start flickering and after that game just crash to dashboard on Series X/S console. It is really annoying because progress isn't saved at all times and this graphical glitch can appear out of nowhere. Sorry if I made some mistakes, english isn't my native language.

Suggested Topics