ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Moved Solved [RESOLVED][TU 1.5.1] [Xbox] Experiencing crashes / flickering graphics since TU 1.5.1 Update | POST HERE

4 Likes/165 Replies/5640 Views
    ismini9
    Original poster 2 posts

Hello. Since the latest update of this game a few days ago, I noticed that during gameplay, and especially during the story scenes, the characters were flickering. I restarted the game and I managed to play without the flickering for a day. The next day the game started crashing during gameplay. Today I cannot even start the game. When I press the button to continue the game from where I left off, it starts to load by showing the tip screen with eivor under the milky way and then it just crashes. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and it continues to crash after I hit "continue". Please help. I am well into the game and have to finish it.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4733 posts
    Best Answer

Hi Vikings!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. The development team have confirmed that this issue wherein 'Eivor and NPC's sometimes flicker randomly or will cause the game to crash' should be resolved with the release of Title Update 1.5.3! You can read the full patch notes here.

The patch was deployed Tuesday, June 28.

If you are still experiencing this issue after installing the new update, please don't hesitate to share an update within this thread so we can notify the development team. When sharing a new report, please can you provide us with the a video which shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the main menu screen.
    • That Eivor and NPC's are flickering

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save file uploaded to the Cloud. The support article here can help you to do this.

We can then use these reports to reopen the investigation should the issue persist following the 1.5.3 update. 

Official Response
  • ismini9
    Original poster 2 posts

Hello. Since the latest update of this game a few days ago, I noticed that during gameplay, and especially during the story scenes, the characters were flickering. I restarted the game and I managed to play without the flickering for a day. The next day the game started crashing during gameplay. Today I cannot even start the game. When I press the button to continue the game from where I left off, it starts to load by showing the tip screen with eivor under the milky way and then it just crashes. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and it continues to crash after I hit "continue". Please help. I am well into the game and have to finish it.

• EuReyka
    1 posts

@ismini9 Exactly the same story for me on PC. Had some crashes from time to time before but since the 1.5.1 update, game is simply unplayable. Crashes in less than 5 minutes every time I launch it.

• KindCelery89647
    2 posts

@ubi-keo how is the game still broken after 6-7 months 🤦♂🤦♂️ people are still experiencing the exact same issue of the game crashing all the time it’s becomes unplayable after every 30mins the game crashes and sends you back to your last save. Just fix it already instead of giving us this garbage about game files my files for every other game are fine so why’s Valhalla different than literally every other single game that’s been on my Xbox. Update it already please it’s been so long

• FuSiMech
    5 posts

Hi,
    I have Assassin’s Creed Valhalla on the series S. After the recent update with the new season 2 Ostara festival, I’ve been experiencing bugs which sometimes lead to a crash to home. What actually happens is I play for around 30 minutes, and then the Character textures start to flicker (usually happens when there are a lot of npc’s around me like in Ravensthorpe), which sometimes make my game crash to home. I tried deleting the local save and power cycling my console to see if that helps, but I guess this problem is tied to the game and not my system.

• FuSiMech
    5 posts

Hi,
    I have Assassin’s Creed Valhalla on the Series S. After the recent update (Ostara Season 2), I have been experiencing some bugs which sometimes lead to a crash to home. What actually happens is, I play for around 30 minutes, then my game starts lagging a bit and the Character textures start to flicker ( Usually happens when there are a lot of npc’s around me like in Ravensthorpe), which sometimes makes my game crash to home. I tried deleting the local save and power cycling my console to see if that would help, but I guess this problem is tied to the game and not my system.

• Dyonsokarijo
    2 posts

@fusimech I have the same problem. Playiny on series S. All character models als flickering (can see the eyeballs) and sometimes objects in the envirement like banners and flags. Playing on performance mode

• J0ak1m
    1 posts

@ismini9 This started happening to me aswell but on XBSX. Screen starts flickering for a few seconds and then crashes. I'm still however able to start the game without problems.

• KindCelery89647
    2 posts

@ubi-mark same here but I don’t have ragnorak (and now am definitely not gonna buy it till this is fixed) so this issue stems from a different update. Very annoying when I spend $100 on this game and it’s unplayable with how much it crashes

• JRabbit3112
    1 posts

I also have a problem after the last ac valhalla update, the game keeps freezing and glitching where the character flashes rapidly in and out of visibility so frequently it hurts your eyes to look at before completely disappearing including any NPC's around the map. It's really frustrating that it keeps closing the game as well, seemingly at random. I've tried reloading the save file, reinstalling the game nothing helps it's really annoying. Add on your character getting stuck in a falling animation when standing on rocks it makes for a frustrating experience.

• Xladius
    2 posts

After the festival update, been getting the flickering like the characters are like bugged the models are flickering. After awhile the whole game just shut down and loses the whole progress. 😕

• FuSiMech
    5 posts

@dyonsokarijo oh well glad I’m not the only one. I had no issues at all with the game before the recent update/patch, but now it’s almost unplayable sadly, especially me personally who has spent like 53 hours into this game. I hope Ubisoft reads this, because I don’t want this still happening after the ostara season ends. So please Ubisoft!

• Xladius
    2 posts

@fusimech Same here on the series S. Gave up playing after this kept happening.

• Ubi-Oxavo
    805 posts

Hello all,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing random flickering of characters sometimes resulting to a crash.

This is an issue we are aware of and the development team currently have under investigation. 

In the meantime, our teams would like to use details from your progress on Assassin's Creed: Valhalla to continue looking into the issue. Please make sure that your latest save has been added to the Cloud (it will have a cloud icon next to it). This step will allow us to use your save files for the investigation.

Could you also send us a video of this issue, please?

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding while we work to resolve this issue.

• FuSiMech
    5 posts

@xladius yea same here on the Series S. I Hope this gets fixed, because it’s literally unplayable now. Had no issues at all before the ostara update.

• deadmanupbeat
    5 posts

@kindcelery89647 total agree mine on xbox series x and s both freezing.

• FuSiMech
    5 posts

@ubi-oxavo I’ve made a game clip of this issue on my xbox. I wasn’t able to send an attachment, because it says i don’t have enough privileges, so I will send a link to it: https://www.xbox.com/play/media/DGW9QAM3
    I hope this will hulp further in your investigation.

• Ubi-SpaceCats
    Community Representative 939 posts

Hey folks! We've been investigating similar reports of Eivor and NPCs randomly flickering. Does either of you happen to have a video of said flickering?

Official Response
  • andyclem
    3 posts

Post ASSASSIN'S CREED® VALHALLA - TITLE UPDATE 1.5.1, I am consistently getting character flicker on screen and after a while the game crashes on Xbox series S. This happens in both Performance and Quality Graphic modes.

• andyclem
    3 posts

@fusimech Exactly what is happening on my Xbox Series S! Thanks for sharing and I reported it to player support.

Suggested Topics