ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SiKiTtOyA
    Original poster 48 posts

I will go over some quick points about what I didnt like in order to make this not so long of a post.

As soon as the the intro video finished and you can control your character for the very first time I was completely stuck. Couldnt move. I had to reload save for it to work. Others experienced same issue as well and posted in player support section. So I was experiencing terrible bugs directly from the start. Which immediately brought down the experience. The amount of bugs that I encountered going forward in game was just bad.

The game's world feels so empty. There is absolutely no life in it. NPC's that are in the world make it feel worse. Seeing someone spray paint the same thing on the same wall over and over again is pretty sad. Thats just one example. You know, RDR2 you can actually see life in cities and when they are building something those structures actually get built. Not sure why ubisoft continues to make such crap open worlds void of life. There is always just you, your allies and the enemy in the world.Thats it. And some random animals that were pointless to kill. Oh, and whats with all the damn pointless fishing spots? Is this bass masters game or fishing simulator?

The graphics were ok but things at a distance look terrible. Especially the amount of pop ins and draw distance was garbage. Parts of the map where you are in deep parts of the jungle game looks great but once you out in the open with things being further in distance the experience goes out the window. I also find that AMD sponsored titles such as this have terrible AA. I really do not like the cheap tools AMD offers devs as it makes the quality of game poor. AMD should stop with these open source poor man method of tools. It really makes the games look bad.

Gameplay was fine and that really hasnt changed much at all in the series. New game, different weapons, but same feel. Character customization was bad though. A lot of the gear and I mean a lot were totally useless. Could of done a much better job there. The supremo was a bad change and def could of done without. I didnt like it at all. There was no balance there either as you had super weapons but enemy had basic things. Same thing with resolvers. Way OP when other things like GL and pipe bombs got nerfed. Im sorry but a rocket should bring down a heli in a shot or 2. You shouldnt need add ons to take them down easier. Pointless upgrade system.

The spawn system was terrible. I was inside a restricted zone and was inside a building. It was empty. I jumped out a window but than immediately turned around to jump back in and than there was a whole army inside that just popped in. There is also a huge thread on this as well. Very poorly done.

The insurgency mode to me is pointless. I already captured bases, checkpoints, destroyed AA, and acquired plenty of pointless gear. Why would I want to take them over and over again for more pointless gear? The add ons were meh and I can see why they were free. Nothing much going on inside their heads at all. I liked the missions with Trejo, Rambo, and stranger things way more. Those were actually good and was were the game actually felt fun to play.

The story overall was ok. Nothing special and seems Ubisoft took a generic safe dicatator plot approach. Towards the end where you need to meet Juan it gave a warning about continuing the story as your actions would effect the outcome. However, you made no decisions at all and story just continued without your input. So there was only one ending. Pointless to even have a warning than. Plus, Juan is a terrible person and without spoiling anything story related you couldnt have a choice to do anything about his actions. Or why he was still able to do what he did. Really dumb.

With that said this game was just ok but def the worst FC game to date. Felt like it was not a AAA game. Well, lets be honest. It wasnt. Ubisoft has not evolved anything for the better in the series and its the same old stuff. I am glad I waited for sale which i got the game half off. I can see why they are now open to a buyout before there stocks really take a hit and the company loses a lot of value. These games are releasing in worse shape and not getting any better. Way too many studios working on the game internally and its making these games a complete mess.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• rickidoo2010
    141 posts

FC 6 is, without a doubt, now that Title 5 update is in place, the best FC game of all of them. So when people write how awful it is, I just don't get it.

• KrayZee_
    95 posts
    this game was just ok but def the worst FC game to date.

You've obviously never heard of Far Cry Vengeance.

• KrayZee_
    95 posts
    As soon as the the intro video finished and you can control your character for the very first time I was completely stuck. Couldnt move. I had to reload save for it to work. Others experienced same issue as well and posted in player support section. So I was experiencing terrible bugs directly from the start. Which immediately brought down the experience. The amount of bugs that I encountered going forward in game was just bad.

What are your specs?

The game's world feels so empty. There is absolutely no life in it. NPC's that are in the world make it feel worse. Seeing someone spray paint the same thing on the same wall over and over again is pretty sad. Thats just one example. You know, RDR2 you can actually see life in cities and when they are building something those structures actually get built. Not sure why ubisoft continues to make such crap open worlds void of life. There is always just you, your allies and the enemy in the world.Thats it. And some random animals that were pointless to kill. Oh, and whats with all the damn pointless fishing spots? Is this bass masters game or fishing simulator?

Entirely subjective. Animals are not exactly 'random' when they are located in specific habitats. Fishing was introduced in Far Cry 5, and it's no surprise it came back for the sequel. How is this a valid complaint? Fishing is simply another activity the player can do, but they don't have to do them.

The graphics were ok but things at a distance look terrible. Especially the amount of pop ins and draw distance was garbage. Parts of the map where you are in deep parts of the jungle game looks great but once you out in the open with things being further in distance the experience goes out the window. I also find that AMD sponsored titles such as this have terrible AA. I really do not like the cheap tools AMD offers devs as it makes the quality of game poor. AMD should stop with these open source poor man method of tools. It really makes the games look bad.

Exactly what are your specs? When I ran Far Cry 6 on my 3090 with the HD Pack installed, I don't recall pop ins or draw distance problems. I seriously don't recall.

Gameplay was fine and that really hasnt changed much at all in the series. New game, different weapons, but same feel. Character customization was bad though. A lot of the gear and I mean a lot were totally useless. Could of done a much better job there. The supremo was a bad change and def could of done without. I didnt like it at all. There was no balance there either as you had super weapons but enemy had basic things. Same thing with resolvers. Way OP when other things like GL and pipe bombs got nerfed. Im sorry but a rocket should bring down a heli in a shot or 2. You shouldnt need add ons to take them down easier. Pointless upgrade system.

Again, entirely subjective. Honestly I had no problems taking down helicopters in this game even without the backpack.

The spawn system was terrible. I was inside a restricted zone and was inside a building. It was empty. I jumped out a window but than immediately turned around to jump back in and than there was a whole army inside that just popped in. There is also a huge thread on this as well. Very poorly done.

Where was this? The only spawning issue I experienced is that one island during a mission. Everywhere else, I had no issues.

The insurgency mode to me is pointless. I already captured bases, checkpoints, destroyed AA, and acquired plenty of pointless gear. Why would I want to take them over and over again for more pointless gear? The add ons were meh and I can see why they were free. Nothing much going on inside their heads at all. I liked the missions with Trejo, Rambo, and stranger things way more. Those were actually good and was were the game actually felt fun to play.

Then don't? Insurgency is just post game content if you have any desire to complete. Sure they can be pointless to you, but I can't see how is a genuine complaint?

The story overall was ok. Nothing special and seems Ubisoft took a generic safe dicatator plot approach. Towards the end where you need to meet Juan it gave a warning about continuing the story as your actions would effect the outcome. However, you made no decisions at all and story just continued without your input. So there was only one ending. Pointless to even have a warning than. Plus, Juan is a terrible person and without spoiling anything story related you couldnt have a choice to do anything about his actions. Or why he was still able to do what he did. Really dumb.

If anything, it's more like reminding the player that the end is about to come. Far Cry 3 did this even if that game had two different endings. The warning is about story consequences, not necessarily a player decision. Other games made by other game developers did this too, and even they don't have any decisions for the player. They're not made by Ubisoft and they would do the same thing.

Felt like it was not a AAA game. Well, lets be honest. It wasnt. Ubisoft has not evolved anything for the better in the series and its the same old stuff. I am glad I waited for sale which i got the game half off. I can see why they are now open to a buyout before there stocks really take a hit and the company loses a lot of value. These games are releasing in worse shape and not getting any better. Way too many studios working on the game internally and its making these games a complete mess.

Like many gamers, you don't seem to pay attention to the details. Exactly how is 'too many studios working on the game internally' a bad thing? No really, how is it a bad thing? Do you want less people to work on the game and feel more fatigued and exhausted?

Far Cry 6 introduced

1. Tanks
    2. Flying cars
    3. Brought back hovercrafts
    4. New wildlife with more animations
    5. FND Bases have optional objectives
    6. FND Bases actually look like important locations like in Far Cry 5, instead of generic looking outposts in Far Cry 2, 3 and 4.
    7. Expanded the weapon arsenal, throwable gadgets, weapon attachments, and other customizations.
    8. Able to deeply customize vehicles you can request whenever you're on a road on foot
    9. Cockfighting
    10. Dominoes
    11. Destructible trees
    12. There's now a city and bigger towns in a Far Cry game
    13. Brought back healing animations
    14. Like Far Cry 5, there are optional activities like races and treasure hunts
    15. Dani singing while driving/flying with the radio turned on

People like you only pay attention to the negatives. Like, always negative. You seriously think Far Cry 6 is the worst Far Cry game to date? Perhaps out of the games you've played, but there's no way Far Cry 6 would be worse than Far Cry Vengeance. Whenever someone mentions the word 'worst' and only mentions anything negative (which is entirely subjective), I seriously start to question what kind of games you actually play? While people love to mention Red Dead Redemption II and uses that game as an example to set a standard, you have to keep in mind Rockstar Games overworked their employees in the span of what, 8 years? That is a actually pretty controversial topic in 2018. Everything you mention, I could say Red Dead Redemption II is boring. For example, you have to watch each and every single looting and skinning animation for every dead body and animal. Red Dead Redemption 1 was notoriously buggy in 2010 before the patches, but no one seems to bat an eye. People like you seriously need to stop bringing in Red Dead Redemption II, because 8 years is not exactly always a good plan for making a game. For some odd reason, Grand Theft Auto V came out on three separate generations of gaming. Why didn't Grand Theft Auto 6 come out during the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 era? They were able to make GTA 1, GTA 2, GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas and GTA IV in a span of 11 years. Plus I'm not even mentioning other titles like London, Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories and Chinatown Wars. They managed to release GTA V 5 years after GTA IV came out, but GTA V is rereleased twice in the span of 9 years? 9 years later and GTA 6 is nowhere to be found.

What boggles my mind how gamers expectations go absurdly unrealistic these days is pretty asinine. When Crysis came out in 2007 with the best graphics at the time, gamers did not try to compare every single game in the market to Crysis. Sure they'll keep saying Crysis was unbeatable in terms of graphics, but at least people managed to view other games on their own merits. Why is it that every single game must be compared to Red Dead Redemption II after 2018? Even Red Dead Redemption II has its own problems. Like why does Rockstar keep the outdated aiming lock on mechanic since 2001? RDR2 even has frame rate drops below 30 fps on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. People even have a lot of issues with Red Dead Online. Speaking of online, I remember how broken and literally unplayable GTA Online was during its inception in 2013. After that, GTA Online has some serious money grinding problem where everything is overpriced. The game actively encourages online griefing to the point that they expect you to spend real money on shark cards.

Red Dead Redemption II might be a good example for you, but sometimes I often prefer gameplay over realism. I'd rather have fun than be bored out of my mind.

• DV20Katana
    162 posts

Totally agree with you, Im glad I never bought the game. My roomie did on his PlayStation so I have played it a lot on that. For me its the worst of all the FC games with FC5 a close second.

I wont beat a dead horse as you can find all the complaints listed in detail in other posts but the stupid guerillas dressed like they are off to a EDM rave, the cartoony enemies , the way they first portrayed a slightly more serious FC with the initial trailer (and then moved away from that) and abysmal inattention to weapon realism kills it for me. Theres is also a complete lack of dismemberment, ruins immersion. Dont get me started on annoyances like the chracter bleating...er...singing....when in a vehicle...or forced 3rd person sometimes...

The world does look good, Ubi is good at world building no doubt. They excel at that.

What they REALLY missed the boat on was giving us an Immersive Mode where we can play in a world without the clown cartoon elements of combat roosters and backpack rocket launchers. This should be a no-HUD mode (should be in the menu even), will make for a very tense and fun game. It will be a totally different mode kept apart from the main game. Kind of what they did with GR Breakpoint but they should do it better than that as that implementation was a bit of a mess.

Another thing about FC6 - no widespread decent environmental destruction. Come on , its high time we should be able to aim a tank at a house and blow it apart..and it STAYS blown apart. Red Faction was doing this way back when and Just Cause series does this well also. Yes you can take down trees...I know but give us more. I hope FC7 addresses this.

FC6 to me is a Just Cause 4 expansion. I will get it when its on sale at a ridiculous price on PC and then play it with trainers or mods.

Finally just lie other things in life the views we all have of games are very subjective. I personally find RDR2 boring as hell and hate the lead Arthur character with his nonstop bleating. I found the whole story so slow and plodding. But for my friends its the Gold Standard of games.

So we will always see two sides with one defending he game to their last breath and on the other those who cant stand its features. Its to be expected.

• GameGuru2018
    216 posts

There're rumors that Ubisoft is preparing to sell itself.

Sad!

Let's hope Far Cry franchise won't kick the bucket.

Who will be your new masters, developers?
    How will they treat you?

We can only hope that everything will be good in the end.

As for RDR2.......

Westerns are always popular!
    Even isometric.

Just let's take the last "Weird West".....

Good game.🙄

One of Far Cry can be, definitely, as western.

And one of Far Cry can be as isometric game.
    Modern day 3d isometric shooter.

Gamers need to be surprised.

Suggested Topics