ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Yorky65
    Original poster 19 posts

Order of events: Ubisoft email announcing the new DLC Seed of Change.
    I viewed the video and followed a link to a pod-cast describing it's content.
    When next logging in to an on-going game I first received a download of some 2.6Gb update. (Saturday 23rd April)
    While playing the game I noticed the additions in the Warehouse Menu of Dung/Hot Sauce and Fertilizer.
    OK - I believed these changes must have taken place with the new update in readiness for using the Seed of Change DLC
    Fair enough and no problem. However when continuing with my game started before the above events I read and heard notifications of Schnapps running out from the New World. This product not in use in the earlier game I was playing and I do not have the Seed of Change DLC.
    While looking at an Island in the New World owned by Princess Ying (AI) I observed and heard a cracking noise and a fissure appear in the islands surface and some of the dwellings crumbling - this I believe to be an earthquake. The game I play is Custom and at the easiest level and I've never seen this action before but I expect it may be a feature in more advanced levels.
    Is this perhaps a 'bug' of some sort created by the update?
    I advise of the above out of interest and must add it didn't spoil my enjoyment of the game.
    Once I gain a little more confidence I expect I'll purchase the DLC to stretch me further.
    Thank you.
    Yorky65.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• AORUS2017
    259 posts

@yorky65
    If you got a problem with the game post it in the Support Thread,

• Ubi-Thorlof
    Community Developer 234 posts

Regarding the Schnapps news: Yes, this is a currently known issue. We're looking into fixing this with a future update so that these notifications are not appearing when none of the new buildings have even been built.

However, I don't know what you're referring to with the fissure and crumbling. There are no earthquakes (or other types of features that would visually change the island) in the game. Factory explosions or fires can destroy buildings, though.

Cheers,
    Thorlof

Official Response
  • Yorky65
    Original poster 19 posts

@ubi-thorlof Thank you for your reply. Your comments re earthquake effect; I've tried to remember what I saw and had I perhaps employed the demolition tool by mistake. I can rule out the demolition tool as the buildings would have first appeared in red before crumbling and that was not the case and so I standby what I reported.
    There are further 'bugs' discovered; On my first (Principal) Island in the New World I find I don't produce Ponchos but get the clothes of the Old World and Fur coats in large quantities. This results in having to import Ponchos from my further Island in the New World. I do however export the Clothes and Fur Coats back to the Old World and thank you very much.
    There is one aspect I've yet to check on my Principal Island the Poncho Maker is aided by a 'Union Building' and a 'Darner' Aid and I wonder if this causes the mis-production. I intend to delete the Union Building and see if the Poncho Maker only then functions correctly. I'll do this and report back on my findings.
    Thank you.
    Yorky65.

• Yorky65
    Original poster 19 posts

@yorky65 This is to add to my previous post giving the results of removing the 'Union Building. and adding 2 more Poncho Makers.
    I am now getting Ponchos made on this island however they - whoever they are- are still producing Work Clothes and Fur Coats. See attachment of entry in Production Statistics. I hope this provides some help to others who may find the same things happening. Thank you. Yorky65.

• Asterix201252
    274 posts

@yorky65
    I think that the most likely reason for these "free" Clothes and Coats is that you have Christobal Taffeta active in a Trade Union covering your Bombin or Poncho factories (or both). As well as giving you a 50% boost for the Ponchos/Bombins you get 1 free Cloths and one free Coats for every 3 Bombins/Ponchos you produce.

Some of these Items with free goods are really good.

• Yorky65
    Original poster 19 posts

Thank you for your reply in which you are perfectly correct; it is Cristobal Taffeta I have in the Union. I hadn't realized that some of these additives gave bonus's above the improvement to the item being manufactured and so thanks for that. I'll certainly examine any additives I use in the future. There is certainly a very great deal to ANNO 1800 and it keeps me on my toes.
    Thank you.
    Yorky65.

• Asterix201252
    274 posts

@yorky65

I'm glad you're enjoying the game. As you say, there is a lot to it, and a lot to think about.

Regarding items, I would suggest that you look at https://anno1800.fandom.com/wiki/Anno_1800_Wiki: (https://anno1800.fandom.com/wiki/Anno_1800_Wiki). If you look at each building, it will show you all of the items that affect it.

• Yorky65
    Original poster 19 posts

@asterix201252 Thanks for that; I've had a provisional look and expect it will provide help and information as problems arise.
    Thank you. Yorky65

Suggested Topics