ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Anan_Isapta
    Original poster 20 posts

I've been playing through Valhalla for the second time. Everything went fine until I got to the scene in "War Weary" where the player has to choose to whom he will give some silver. I saved my progress and exited at that point this AM. This afternoon I can't get any of the half-dozen latest saves to load. It looks normal until I click "Continue" -- about five seconds later, the game closes. This was true after I verified game files. It may be coincidental, but I recall a short "update" being downloaded and installed while I was playing this morning; this is the first time I've tried to load the game since then. As far as I can tell, I'm playing version 1.5.1.

My system specs follow:
       CPU: Intel Core i7 10700F 2.90GHz (4.80GHz Turbo Boost), 8-Core 16-Thread
       GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB
       Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming B460M-Plus, WiFi 5
       RAM: 16GB DDR4 3000MHz (2x8GB)
       SSD: 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD
       HDD:   Western Digital Blue 1 TB   
       CPU Cooler: RGB CPU Cooler
       PSU: 700W 80 Plus Gold
      Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Monitor: LG 24GM77
       Mouse: Steelseries Rival 310 eSports
       Keyboard: Steelseries Merc Stealth
          Controller: Razer Wolverine Ultimate
          Speakers: Philips SPA 2210
          Microphone: Blue Yeti

Case: Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB CA-1M7-00M1WN-00 Black SPCC / Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case    Dimension: 18.54" x 8.00" x 17.90"
    WiFi: Yes
    Bluetooth: Yes
    VR Ready: Yes

Internet connectivity:

2022 02 22 -- Ping 25, DL 13.13, UL 0.83
       2022 04 27 -- Ping 29, DL 13.14, UL 0.81

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Anan_Isapta
    Original poster 20 posts

Strangely, I was able to fix my problem by removing some of the boilerplate video files that slow down the loading process:

If you are playing on PC, its a simple fix. Go to the game files and find the "videos" folder. Search this folder for the following three files, and delete them, rename them, or move them to a backup folder.
    ANVIL_Logo.webm
    PC_AMD_Ryzen.webm
    UbisoftLogo.webm

Now find the subfolder for your preferred language. For example, if your chosen language is English, look for the folder "en". There should be three webm files there. Delete them, rename them, or move them. Done.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2571 posts

Hey @anan_isapta

That' interesting that this resolved the issue you were having. Thanks for letting us know and sharing it here.

If anyone finds the same fixes an issue for them too, please comment here to let us know.

Official Response

Suggested Topics