ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ho.Jaf
    Original poster 8 posts

Looking for some advice
    Want to change my old chair to a new gaming chair. Thought people here could help. What chairs do you use and what do you think about them.

Thanks. 

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• longjohn119
    1203 posts

@ho-jaf I'd suggest getting a mesh back and seat style office chair, they can be pricey (So can many "gaming" chairs) but they are much better on your back. So called "Gaming Chairs" aren't very ergonomic and the seat pads always wear out so your butt is sitting on a hard piece of plastic whereas the mesh seats don't, at least not nearly as fast. (Mine is almost 2 years old and the seat shows no signs of wearing) The mesh is really nice in the summer because it lets your back and butt breath and not get so sweaty.

• Ho.Jaf
    Original poster 8 posts

@longjohn119 Thanks, I actually was thinking of something stylish also for my home. So the office chair will not look good in my room. I searched recently and found this: (https://www.reclinerland.com/best-gaming-recliner/#product3) gaming recliner. Thinking this will be quite ergonomic and good-looking. Have you ever had one?

• longjohn119
    1203 posts

@ho-jaf I had one similar to that one and the recliner part sucks because instead of supporting your feet the support for your legs ends about half way down your calves and it makes your feet and lower legs "go to sleep" because the blood flow gets cut off and because your nerve bundles tend to wrap around major arteries. Plus after a year my bony butt was hitting the plastic on the chair seat because the foam has compressed and I only weigh about 150 pounds and the lumbar support wasn't actually ergonomic

had chair revues and highly recommended the the mesh chairs over the gimmicky Gamer chairs .... Just watch the video which explains it in detail.

"Gaming chairs have become prevalent, but shameless copy-pasting by most "manufacturers" has led to a stagnant industry with poor value vs. even cheap office chairs." - Gamer's Nexus

• Crowsnevermore
    11 posts

i use a nice executive style office chair and it has been the best gaming chair ive ever had. also cost me like 300 but ive had it for 7 years now

• LoreenD4ve
    1 posts
    @ho-jaf I'd suggest getting a mesh back and seat style office chair, they can be pricey (So can many "gaming" chairs) but they are much better on your back: (https://officeworthylist.com/best-office-chairs-for-pregnancy). So called "Gaming Chairs" aren't very ergonomic and the seat pads always wear out so your butt is sitting on a hard piece of plastic whereas the mesh seats don't, at least not nearly as fast. (Mine is almost 2 years old and the seat shows no signs of wearing) The mesh is really nice in the summer because it lets your back and butt breath and not get so sweaty.

umm i have a small recommendation. Well if you buy an "Office chair" for the same purpose, it would be wayyyy cheaper on your pocket and trust me you won't be dissappointed. Gaming chairs have features like handle can move to some angle. but i don't think anyone uses that (not that i've seen anyone use that). the only thing that is useful is hand rest height can be adjusted. other than that, gaming chairs and office chairs have no difference other than looks. i used to have a gaming chair but after its leather started to come off, i just bought the exact chair i had in my office. trust me, other than arm rest, there is no difference and i think the back rest is more comfortable. and the price... well i got it only for a 100 dollars (technically 30 dollars) which was equal (if not better) than my 400$ gaming chair. so that's just a friendly tip if u want to save a buck. well i say 30 dollars and 100 dollars cuz 100 dollars is the price for a new chair but i got mine from office... just told them i need it and i would pay 30 dollars and they said yes. they had a few hundred and they didn't mind giving me one for cheap.

Suggested Topics