ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Bloodlex2
    Original poster 26 posts

Hello,

Could you please fix losing saved camera location when loading a savegame in single player and multiplayer? It would be a great help if I couldn't set it once again every game.

Thanks for your help!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3957 posts

Hello bloodlex2 thank you for your post.

Could I please ask you to clarify what this request is for my own understanding of it, please?

When you say you 'lose a saved camera location', do you mean you focus your camera on a particular island or building, save your game, then exit the game, then upon reloading the game, you are looking at a totally different part of the map, or is the issue something different?

Official Response
  • Bloodlex2
    Original poster 26 posts

@U_11 Hey, thank you for the reply. If you save a camera position using CTRL + F5/F6... and so on, after saving and loading the game again, and then click F5 to move to the camera position you saved during your previous session, it isn't there 😕

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4871 posts

Thanks for getting back to us @bloodlex2 !

Would it be possible to share a clip of this behaviour too please?

We can then pass it onto the team for further investigation.

Much appreciated!

Official Response
  • Bloodlex2
    Original poster 26 posts

@ubi-theberry Hey, thank you for your reply. It would be hard to present it on a clip, because it involves keyboard presses. I will write to you how you can reduplicate this behavior in steps:

1. Start a new game.
    2. Move camera over an island.
    3. Press CTRL + F5.
    4. Save and close the game.
    5. Open the game and load the save.
    6. Press F5 as you would like to move camera back to position from 2.
    7. Nothing happens, your saved camera position is gone.

My suggestion: please make it so, that this camera positions are saved and not gone when reloading the game.

I hope my answer clarifies it enough. Thank you for your help.

Best regards

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @Bloodlex2, thank you for your response and I can confirm that I have now forwarded your suggestion over to our development team accordingly.

We do very much appreciate your input there and if you have any queries or run into any difficulties, feel free to reach out at any time!

Official Response
  • AW7777777
    74 posts

It's working for me on savegames and new game.
    FYI

• Bloodlex2
    Original poster 26 posts

@AW7777777 Please try also on multiplayer game.

Suggested Topics