ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 1291 posts

In the Sunday Edition of The Washington Post for May 01, 2022, there is a reprint of this article by Teddy Amenabar from April 21, 2022: (https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2022/04/21/orlog-gwent-tabletop-games-tales-of-tribute/?itid=ap_teddyamenabar). In the article, Amenabar quotes Benoit Richer, the director of AC Valhalla at Ubisoft Montreal, saying: “Orlog makes Valhalla a bit more believable and richer”. As preposterously incomprehensible as that statement is, Richer apparently also told Amenabar that “players will see more of [Orlog] in the future” when asked about the AC Infinity.

This is a very bad idea. Just because “PureArts has shipped 60,000 editions of [the physical version of Orlog]” doesn’t mean it’s the next Gwent, which has its own esports circuit. I know Ubisoft is going to do what they want to do, but as much as they want to pretend that Orlog is a new goldmine, we know better.

Previously, I made a case against the replayability of Orlog versus mini-games like Gwent. If Ubisoft wants to really make Orlog something worthwhile, they need to increase the number of God Favors and make the game less dependent on chance and more on strategy. Maybe then it could be a contender... but if the current iteration of Orlog is what Ubisoft will be fudging into the future of AC, I won’t be interested.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Simplethumb
    139 posts

@thenorfolkian

Something I don't like about Gwent or Orlog is how long games take, sometimes I just want a mini game that is quick, and maybe I'll have a few games, but I just hate being tied to long mini-game times.

On Skyrim there was a mod with mini games and they were short (albeit simplistic) but I suppose that's just more to my taste, though I do wish they'd add a qucker mini game.

I think if it's a shorter mini-game then chance-to-win (luck) is fine, but as the OG said for a long game like Orlog I think it should center more on skill and strategy.

• TheNorfolkian

@simplethumb A mini-game mod for Skyrim? Do you remember what it was called?

• Simplethumb
    139 posts

@thenorfolkian

Just have a look through nexus mods, there's only about 3060 pages worth of mods, you'll find it... eventually lol.

It was for Skyrim Legendary edition so I don't know if it's been 'ported' over to SSE

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68553: (https://nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68553) I might have had a second mini games mod but this is the only one I could find.

For me, it would add to the game so much, I'd come back from questing, goto the tavern and then play a few games before making my character sleep for the night (I sort of had to force that because if I didn't my character wouldn't sleep for days or weeks lol.

Mods like that that I used to use add to the world so much and make you feel part of it (I used a few different types to add life to the world etc). In ACV there's nothing like that. Big open world with nothing to do (not that I'm a RolePlayer). Odyssey in a way was sometimes worse because some of it's cities were beautiful, and I wanted a reason to explore, to appreciate the time some of the devs had put into the game to make it feel lived in, (lots of clutter etc) but it was something I had to force myself to do, instead of having a reason. The devs would make these beautiful area's and the vast majority of players would just run right by it, not noticing it (maybe add some collectables or something to give people a reason to look around). In the AC games it's a shame that it's just quest, fight, travel, quest fight, travel etc.

Sorry for the derailment lol 🙂

• TheNorfolkian

@simplethumb Nice... a new reason to visit taverns instead of finding someone for a quest.

• Simplethumb
    139 posts

@thenorfolkian

I think I used this one also.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67050: (https://nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67050?tab=images)

Suggested Topics