ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 1 Likes/7 Replies/342 Views
    kilyan82
    Original poster 60 posts

Starting from the first dlc, autosave became buggy. Everytime it autosaves if you don't do any action the game doesn't crash, but if you try to move or press a button it will crash.
    So i have the simple solution for you: disable the autosave feature while you investigate the problem, or make it optional.
    Over my 270 hours of play i have always to keep my right eye peeled for the autosave symbol, while the other watches what's happening on the rest of the screen.
    Do a patch asap for the autosave feature as i suggested pls.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@kilyan82 Hey! Thank you for reaching out about this auto save issue you are having. I am not seeing any other reports of this happening for other players.

Can we ask does this only happen in cutscenes or is it anywhere at all in the game?
    What are your system specs?
    Do you have the game installed on a HDD or an SSD?

Additionally, can you try the steps here please to see if it helps resolve this issue?

Thank you and we look forward to your reply.

• kilyan82
    Original poster 60 posts

@ubi-viral

• anywhere in the game, and since is autosaving after loading into the game, which makes no sense(i've just loaded a save), everytime to start playing i have to wait for that autosave to finish, to not crash.
    • for the system specs refer to my 30 fps birds topic:https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/153187/weird-birds-animation-on-pc/2?lang=en-US&_=1651618670342, where i provided the video and the graphics settings that also report my specs, playing on ubisoft connect.
    • initially it was on hdd but other than crashing, loading times were awful. So i moved the game to nvme, verified than the files, but the crashing for each autosave still happen if i try to do an action other than moving the camera for its duration.At least now loading times are nearly zero.

• i already did those steps and also:
    • deactivated reshade and msi afterburner/riva tuner, but still crashing on autosaves if i do an action, so they are not the cause
    • deactivated the mods i'm using to change eivor appearance
    • set a lower quality audio sample in windows
    • set game process high priority
    • deactivated in game v-sync
    • set game to lowest quality
    • delete all save files except the most recent ones
    • deleted all cache files, deletes ACValhalla.ini to let it regenerate anew
    • deactivated cloud sync.

But since it only crashes when autosaves, those steps are useless, even the ones provided in the post https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/connectivity-and-performance/article/troubleshooting-technical-issues-on-pc/000061047
    I found that this happened to someone in 2020 with the ps4 too, but he never got a response:https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/88036/autosaving-crashes-game?suggested=true&lang=en-US&_=1651618275699
    Here an other case on xbox this time:https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/87757/game-is-crashing-right-after-auto-save-and-or-fast-track?suggested=true&lang=en-US&_=1651620031096, never got a response
    Pretty sure if the game would never autosave, the game wouldn't crash a single time, since it only happens during those autosaves.

Short video showing the crash during autosave just moving and jumping from a ledge::

Here is a short video proving moving the camera doesn't crash the game during autosave:

Since now you aknowledged the condition in which the crash triggers, and also how to avoid it, i really hope this will be fixed in short times, you can't imagine how annoying it is and could lead people to request a refund easily.

• kilyan82
    Original poster 60 posts

@ubi-viral Disabling all the services and start up items excluded microsoft one fixed the autosave crashes, now i can move freely even during the autosaves. I'm just curious which disabled stuff or stuffs gave the problem

• arni-GX
    42 posts

@kilyan82

i think its much better that autosave feature is still in this ACV, but there is turn ON/OFF button, or if TURN ON, there is auto time limit too, example every 5, 15, 30, 45, 60 mnt.......

• kilyan82
    Original poster 60 posts

@arni-gx with that fix, dont' need to mess with autosave, i don't crash anymore

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2768 posts

Hello @kilyan82,

Thank you for the update! We're glad that the issue has been resolved for you by disabling background applications.

Happy gaming and if you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Official Response

Suggested Topics