ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Eagleyezx
    Original poster 138 posts

Hey Ghosts, I hope you're doing well.

I know many of us are on these forums partially because of our passion for the game, but also because of the lack of competition. The reason for this post, is that I think its healthy to play other tactical shooters because Ubiflop will not do what the tactical shooter genre expects from it, let alone what we Ghosts fans want.

Secondly, Ubiflop need to know that they have competition inbound for Ghost Recon Over. Their success is ultimately dependant on them taking our feedback. It really is. Commercially, they're in a much different space than where they were with the release of Wildlands and Breakpoint where their only competition was Metal Gear Solid 5 which isn't even in the same exact niche as these games. And that isn't to include all the great first person tactical shooters on the market over the last 3 years (Ground Branch, Zero Hour, Ready or Not etc).

Personally, I think Ubiflop make their Tom Clancy games to compete with arcade casual games and not actual tactical shooters. I bring up other games a lot hoping these blind devs might have a look and see where they can improve.

Anyways, there are a few squad based third person tactical shooters that are rumoured in the making and some that are being released for early access. Please let me know your thoughts on the commercial landscape and even these games.

• Zero Six: Behind Enemy Lines (PC, Console later release)

Early access is supposed to be released in 2022. On their twitter they retweeted Unreal Engine 5, so we could see it on there. Apart from that, the devs are quiet but look out for early access keys if you haven't signed up yet.

• Socom 5

Its said this game has been in development for the last couple of years and set for a release date soon. If this is true, it might fall in the 2023-24 timeframe.

• 6 Days in Fallujah

Not third person but it is supposed to be a squad based tactical shooter with regenerated maps. Personally, I am excited more for this after playing a Fallujah map on Arma 3 with AI squad. Join their discord to keep up to date. They're quiet with updates at the moment but they ought to be releasing this year.

• Caliber

I think this Socom - Ghost Recon inspired game deserves more love. Its out already, but the updates are more frequent and significant. Its F2P right now on PC. By the way Ubiflop, why couldn't you give us a PVP game like this instead of Xdefiant and Frontlines?

• Arma Forger

Arma Forger is supposed to be releasing on a new engine by Bohemia Interactive. Although Arma 3 is still the GOAT when it comes to the tactical shooter genre, we're due a new Arma game right now. This game might be released around 2023-24.

• Safeguard Tactical

Impressively this game is created by one dev on UE4 at the moment with the early access TBC. It looks promising.

• Ghost Recon Over

Last but not least our new Ghost Recon game set to be released most likely next year 2023. Nothing more to be said but let's see.

Alright Ghosts, that's it.

Eagleyezx

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Megalodon-26
    335 posts

@eagleyezx

• Zero Six - Other than that retweet, there hasn't been any activity by the developers in over a year. So even if it's still being worked on, it's likely years away from being released.
    • Socom 5- They haven't even confirmed that the game is in development. Plus it will likely be a PS5 exclusive.
    • 6 days in Fallujah - definitely looks good, but because it's a historical piece, I doubt the player will have much freedom to customize their character or weapons. And the gameplay will be all about shock and awe, with little to no stealth mechanics.
    • Caliber - it's only 4v4 PVP game, that honestly reminds me a lot of GRFS. But the lack of a campaign crosses it off the list for me.
    • ARMA Forger - Even though it has a strong pedigree, most of it's success comes from the modding community. Hopefully that will continue.
    • Safeguard - looks good, but since it's only being developed by one person, I doubt it will be as in depth as other games.
  • Eagleyezx

@bigrexxx I agree but that's the hand that we're dealt with friend. Funny thing is that the game all the Ghosts are asking for are found in Arma 3 or the original Ghost Recon game.

But anyways, there's a new Milsim came that's in development that has received millions of views simply for sticking to its roots as a hardcore shooter.

If Ubiflop sticked to what made a squad based tactical shooter at its roofs, it would receive the same attention.

Check it out:

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1286 posts

Right now, any LEGO SHOOTER could be considered a fierce competition for Ghost Recon.

• Eagleyezx
    This post is deleted!
  • RasinKain
    4 posts

@eagleyezx There will never be another Socom 1, meaning not even Zipper could come back and do any better. Simply put is was the perfect game certainly before they added the health meter. You simply didn't know when you were going to die; a teammate had to tell you based on the amount of blood that was on your uniform and how slow your character moved "Look at me am I hit I feel like Im hit" it was awesome. Single player if you died in a mission no matter how long it was, and trust me on the highest level they were up to 4-5 hours long you had to start over no save points ever. Over time you learned to slow down because nothing was more deflating than spending 2hrs on a mission only to get sniped from 800 yds away because you decided to break cover.

• Eagleyezx

@rasinkain What an experience, what a game.

After Socom 4, you can make a strong comparison with Ghost Recon Breakpoint when it was initially released. So I do understand the customer sentiment.

What type of game would Socom 4 be? We really don't know, especially how woke Sony is now. But I hope it comes out the best game that it can be.

• RasinKain
    4 posts

@eagleyezx Absolutely!! The team aspect and the full control over your team in Socom was so dynamic. My argument is that the A.I in Socom was so ahead of its time; they saved my butt a million times. Now of course the enemy A.I was on rails for the most part; so you did know where they were coming from every time you had to restart a mission. Today's A.I it's a mix of rails and machine learning so its a new experience in a way. Ubi has done a good job,at least its not robotic like Full Spectrum Warrior.

Suggested Topics