ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ADarklore
    Original poster 194 posts

The only thing I can find is "coming in May"... but does anyone have any idea, or guesstimate, of when in May this update will drop?

Thanks.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• XBL_Laberbacke
    379 posts

I love quizzes. Here goes: Whenever they patch out the Ostara festival.

• thegardener25
    177 posts

@xbl_laberbacke So, you love quizzes? When do you think the Ostara festival will end? There were problems with players accessing a previous fest (I think it was the 'Yule Fest', but I might be wrong). It was extended for at least another week! I noticed on the support section of the forum, that players still can't, access/play the Ostara festival. We're 10/11 days into the festival! What's gonna happen next? Will ubi extend another festival, or will they say, "Screw them, they can play it again next year!"?

@ADarklore , As for the armoury! We're 18 months into this shambles of a game. This game in no way, warrants a second year! I just want this game to end! Please ubi, just work on what you've got, & get the VO actors to just phone in their lines!? An armoury could have been implemented within the first 6 months! Likewise, New Game+! But the dev's felt there would be a difficulty in implementing NG+ due to players being stuck in Norway when the festivals start!?????

I think I get the idea behind the fest's. In that the dev's want to educate people around the world, that holidays that are marked as christian holidays, were celebrated long before the christians got their grubby mitts on them! But the festivals in ACV are crap! They introduce more bugs than fun! Festivals are meaningless filler, made to look like the devs have given us something. Instead, they have subtracted!

Please Dev's, give us an actual roadmap out of this shytehole! Let me know when I can lay this game to rest!

• ADarklore

@thegardener25 Well, for one, apparently Ubisoft doesn't seem to know that Ostara is a festival celebrating the spring equinox... which occurs in MARCH, not MAY! This should be a Beltane festival, which occurs on May 1st... so if Ubi cannot even get that right... it's pretty sad!!

Also, having just restarted a new game in Valhalla, I come to the forums and find it almost completely barren with Ubi bots patrolling the posts, not real support people. I am beginning to believe that UBI is now focusing on finding a buyer for the company, and less on spending money in to support their games. What is sad, is that the only companies that seem to be interested in buying Ubi are 'investment firms'... yet WB mentions selling their gaming studio and both Microsoft and Sony are hounding them... I think that speaks volumes. I can say, having spent four years with two different investment firms owning the company I work for, and it was miserable. The first thing they typically do is reduce or cut spending, they want to streamline and try to make the company more attractive to sell to another and make a profit. If that's what the future is for Ubi, then I have a feelings things are going to go from BAD to much WORSE for any game that's still 'on-going' like Valhalla.

In regards to the new Armory, I just hope they copy what is 'hidden' and what isn't into the build save... because there are some builds I want pieces hidden and others visible.

• arni-GX
    42 posts

@adarklore armory update, what is that in this game ??

• ADarklore

@arni-gx It's the system, similar to Odyssey where we can save five builds to activate at any time. Apparently we will be able to build an armory building in our settlement and save our five builds onto mannequins for display but will also be able to recall any of those builds from any location- probably similar to how Odyssey did it.

• arni-GX
    42 posts

@adarklore OMG.... u are right, i think this armory sistem is like in the TES V skyrim......

• ADarklore

@arni-gx Um... as far as I remember... Skyrim's housing "armory" was STRICTLY for 'display only' and didn't give you any options to swap to them while out in the field. It was only addon's that allowed you the ability to save and switch gear sets. With this, what armor/weapons we put on the mannequin is what our builds/sets will be for swapping while in the field.

I am definitely looking forward to it, I just hope they don't require any additional or outrageous amounts of supplies or other such craziness! Many people don't have any normal supplies left, unless UBI is going to add another regular raid so players have more supplies; I don't/haven't done any River Raids, so they better not require supplies from that content either!!

• vassalpoteto
    21 posts

@adarklore yes it will require foreign supply, the armory will stand next to the river raid barrack

• ADarklore

@pengepako1998 Where did you find this information? I haven't heard anything official stating what it will require to build it.

Also, it doesn't make ANY sense having an armory all the way down by the river raid barracks, when it should logistically be up near the long house. "Hey Eivor, we're under attack." "OK... let me run all the way down to the river to grab my best armor, I'll be right back." 🙄

• vassalpoteto
    21 posts

@adarklore the image they posted for the road map, you can see the jomsviking barrack which is already close to the river raid one

personally, idc because i wont do any more river raid for armor loadouts in a game that has zero build variety what so ever. they could have kept the resourse for focusing on features that has been requested since the first month of the game, but guess no

• AORUS2017
    259 posts

@adarklore

AC Odyssey had 10 builds and Valhalla get 5!

@pengepako1998
    Requested or Suggestions is welcome for the game but it upto the UBI dev team to have final say and now Valhalla is nearly finishing or maybe not! There is still no update on Basim story DLC

• vassalpoteto
    21 posts

@aorus2017 its not a DLC anymore but a standalone game (hope it will get a release this year but whatever) and the requested features are mostly only

hood in combat ( which is should be a bare minimum in a AC game and i have no idea why it takes a year to implement such a nothing feature from the devs of AC4 and Origins)

and NG+ (i dont even mind at this point if only the the story arcs are replayeble, personally i would like a traditional ng+ experience from a RPG marketed hodgepodge)

• ADarklore

@aorus2017 I think you need to go back and play Odyssey again. Having spent hundreds of hours and replayed NG+ four full times... I can tell you with all certainty that Odyssey only has the option to switch between FIVE loadouts.

Suggested Topics