ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Glorfinnin
    4 posts

@honestman692

The performance issues are terrible! I tried a fix I found online to put Steam into offline mode and only launch through Uplay. That seemed to work with playing multiplayer with a friend, but after the most recent update, the hitching and lag is worse than ever.

It actually makes the game unplayable. We were attempting to buy out an island in the Arctic and I usually set a timer for 10 minutes in between buys, just to make sure we can get it. The hitching actually made time pass incorrectly in game, so at the end of my 10 minute timer on my phone, there were still 4 minutes left in game before we could buy the next share of the island.

Does anyone know of a workaround or does Ubisoft even know this is happening? I've played the Anno series since 1602 AD back in 1998 and I've loved many of the series ever since. This one is the best by far. Please restore our ability to play it Ubisoft!

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3348 posts

Hey guys,

Thanks for getting back to us, sorry for the delay!

We don't have any updates on the investigation at the moment as it's still ongoing.

Thank you for the updates though!

@Mati8211 & @pusty87 - I can see you're both using laptops based on your CPU models.

Just to ensure your laptops aren't attempting to use their CPU onboard graphics instead of their dedicated graphics card, could you please give the steps in this guide a try.

Please let us know if there's any change!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Thorlof
    Anno 2070 Playtesters Community Developer 249 posts

Hey all, thanks a lot for your insights on this issue, we're still investigating and trying to locate the cause of the problem.

Like Ubi-TheBerry said, getting your hardware specs is very useful.
    Please also state, if possible:

1. if you're playing singleplayer or multiplayer
    2. if you (or one of your partners/opponents in multiplayer) uses the Steam version of the game
    3. if you notice the issue appearing when building something specific, i.e. lots of ornaments, a huge fleet, certain building types etc.

We would also ask you to provide an affected savegame so we can have a look for possible causes related to point 3.

Official Response
  • pusty87
    4 posts

@ubi-theberry Hi,
    To be honest - my CPU onboard graphic cards would be not able to launch the game 🙂
    I am sure that I am using dedicated graphic card - I have setting set as in a guide you provided and I also checked it during the game in win task manager->performance tab.
    Please remeber that before the GU 14 the game was fully playable for me...

• Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff 505 posts

Hello @pusty87! Thanks for the update and for making sure that the game is using the dedicated graphics card. Since the team has mentioned that it would be helpful to know your hardware specs, please follow our guide here to generate those system files. Once you have those files, let us know, and we can create a support ticket so that you can upload those files to us securely. Alternatively, you can get in touch with our support team here. If you do, it'd be good to leave a link to this forum thread.

If you could also please answer the questions @Ubi-Thorlof asked above, that would be helpful as well. Thank you!

Official Response
  • pusty87
    4 posts

@ubi-perseids Hi, I have these files - could I ask you to open tikcket?
    Regarding @Ubi-Thorlof questions:
    1) singleplayer
    2) I am using UbiConnect version
    3) No, my problem concerns two situations:
    a) launching the game (crashes)
    b) lower performance during the whole game from the beginning (after GU14) and several performance drops to 0fps during the game.

• upvopiyush
    1 posts

Yes, the game is unplayable after 14 update. Don't even need to wait, right after loading a save. It is tolerable in the new world but in the Crown Falls (always wondered if Falls is a verb) with not too many skyscrapers and other stuff - it is horrid.

This is what I have:
    1920x1080
    Direct X 12
    Everything set on Low
    No FSR

Asus laptop
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX 3.3GHz
    32 GB RAM
    Radeon 6800M w 12GB vram
    INTEL 660P & Samsung 970 EVO (2+2TB)
    4K 60Hz monitor connected with usb-c/dp cable to dp input and usb-c output (which uses 6800M), HDMI port uses onboard radeon and is connected to the second monitor

When panning the screen in Crown Falls with the settings above, I have radeon perfomance monitor on the second screen, which shows ~30fps average with 10-50% GPU utilization. The 6800M and monitor are in Freesync mode with vsync in game disabled. So why don't I see 60 fps under these conditions while GPU is half loaded at best? [censored]?

Before 14 update I was playing the same save on the same setup with mostly High setting at 4K and seeing reasonable framerates (30-60fps) and GPU loaded up to 100%.

Something's a miss...

• basti-cool
    6 posts

Hey team,

we experience the same issue with all DLCs after the GU14 release.

To the questions you have asked (answers in bold)

1. if you're playing singleplayer or multiplayer
    2. if you (or one of your partners/opponents in multiplayer) uses the Steam version of the game (1 steam, 1 ubi)
    3. if you notice the issue appearing when building something specific, i.e. lots of ornaments, a huge fleet, certain building types etc. (lag gets noticable after approx. 10 minutes and gets worse over time)

My Hardware specs:

• Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1231 v3 @ 3.40GHz  3.40 GHz
    • 32GB RAM DDR3
    • Windows 10 Pro - 20H2
    • Asus RTX 2080 Ti
    • Only HDDs

The parts of my game partner:

• AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor
    • 32GB RAM DDR4
    • Windows 10 Pro - 21H2
    • RTX 2080 Super
    • Game is on HDD

We already examined the RAM in the task manager because it felt like a stack overflow error. Here we observed that the RAM grew up to approx. 10GB and then dropped to approx. 5GB (garbage collector?). It was around this time that the lags in the game became noticeable. Of course, this could just be a random collection. The lags become more and more severe over time, even without a specific action. After about 30 minutes, the ingame time dropped to a third (10 ingame seconds to 33 RL seconds) and the game stuttered so badly that it was no longer playable. The frames are still high, as e.g. steam shows 30-60FPS as always, but the internal clock is slow. We have also tried playing the game with minimal graphics settings, but even then face the same problem after the same amount of time.

Sometimes after the game start (2mins in) we also face a game sync error. If it does not happen in the beginning (works 9 out of 10), it will never happen in this session. This is also new since GU14 and may be related to this problem or somthing different.

With our knowledge in the IT sector, it feels like a hash map is not cleared or something is swapped out (there is still enough space in RAM).

We will gladly provide you with our game saves if there is any interest.

No lag on game start:

Massive game lags after 30 minutes:

Thank you so much for the investigation. We sadly have to play some other game until fixed.
    Sebastian

• Ubi-Thorlof
    Anno 2070 Playtesters Community Developer 249 posts

Hey all, we found the cause of the issue for anyone playing the Steam version of the game.
    The fix is currently being tested and will be deployed together with Cosmetic DLC 8 at the end of June.

So, good news on this front, but we will have to ask for a little bit more patience. Apologies for the current inconveniences.

Official Response
  • SubL0ck
    1 posts

Same issue: game becomes unaplayable after an hour or so. Massive FPS drop, freezes, jittery animations and sound freezes.
    Playing the Uplay version.
    Specs:
    Win 11 Pro
    AMD Ryzen 5900X
    32 GB RAM 3733 MHz CL14
    RTX 2080 Super
    1440p Resolution
    850W PSU

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3014 posts

Hello @subl0ck thank you for your post, I will add your details to our investigation.

Could you also answer the remaining questions from our dev, so we can make note of this also? >

• Are you playing single-player or multiplayer?
    • Do you notice the issue appearing when building something specific, i.e. lots of ornaments, a huge fleet, certain building types etc?
    • Do you also have a save file we can use, where this issue appears often?

Official Response

Suggested Topics