ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 1 Likes/19 Replies/1285 Views
    ivan3000x
    Original poster 13 posts

The game often freezes for unknown reasons, always under different circumstances.

This problem has been present for a long time, but it does not happen all the time. Sometimes it freezes every 10 minutes. Sometimes the whole day is fine.
    The game freezes, the screen turns black, the game goes into windowed mode, the task manager writes: “the division is not responding.”
    This happens only with this game. PTS also has this problem.
    I tried everything: I closed all third-party programs, updated all drivers, lowered graphics settings, switched directx 11 and directx 12, but still sometimes freezes and sometimes everything works well.
    I tried to run it on another computer, but everything repeats.

System :
    Windows 10
    Intel Core i9 8950HK.
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB.
    SSD 512 GB.
    DDR4 RAM 2666 MHz 32 GB.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2254 posts

Hey there @ivan3000x, thanks for taking the time to get in touch and share that screenshot for me. I am sorry to hear that The Division 2 keeps crashing for you. I appreciate that you have already performed some troubleshooting steps, I just want to check here, did you follow the steps in this technical troubleshooting article? If not, I would recommend you go through it. As these steps can help rule out many of the common causes for technical-related issues.

If you have gone through those steps but you continue to experience freezes, I would like to assure you that our team is aware of this, and they have been looking into it since TU14 was released. For the latest updates regarding these crashes and freezes, please view our post here.

If you have any further questions or you experience any other issues, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Official Response
  • ivan3000x
    Original poster 13 posts

@ubi-gizmo
    I went through these steps. It didn't help.

I am glad that you are aware of this problem and are solving it.
    I hope for you and I will wait for good news.
    Thanks for the reply.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1244 posts

@ivan3000x

Not a problem. Keep an eye on the forums for updates and as soon as we have anything we'll let you know as soon as we do.

Thanks!

Official Response
  • pig756
    2 posts

@ivan3000x I had the same problem too. I went into settings and turned on the frame limit. that helped me and stopped the freezing. my computer build is very similar to yours

• Mr.T.Magnum
    145 posts

Try disable Ubisoft Connect-Overlay for games in Ubisoft-Connect settings and check...I have ONLY freezes in this game with this setting enabled (since nearly 2years after an Connect Update during that time and 0 change regarding this with later Connect-Updates).

• sunmiX_GER
    2 posts

I have the same problem freezes/crashes at random times. I did every troubleshooting there is.
    I dont understand why Ubi/TD2 is not fixing the problem. So many people have the problem and the only reply we get : "try this or that or we are looking into it".
    Now that Daria said it will be fixed with the TU16 update we have to play with it through TU15 the first new content after 1 1/2years. I think TU15 has the potential that a lot of people
    are coming back to TD2 and there are still 5 weeks till this Season ends. All i can do is hope that the Dev-Team will fix it with TU15 and the Playerbase will go back up cause its a nice
    Game to play.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey guys!

@pig756 @Mr-T-Magnum - appreciate you for sharing this and do hope others will find these steps useful 🙂

@sunmiX_GER - thanks for reaching out and welcome to forums!

I would like to assure you that this is the matter that our team is looking into and due to the complexity of the matter, certain things can sometimes take a little longer than expected.

Apologies about the inconvenience this may have caused so far and we will try to keep you all in the loop as we go.

Official Response
  • ivan3000x
    Original poster 13 posts

@pig756 Thanks for the advice, but I have had the frame limit enabled for a long time

how many frames do you have?

• ivan3000x
    Original poster 13 posts

@mr-t-magnum are you talking about this parameter : enable in-game overlay from supported games ?

• Mr.T.Magnum
    145 posts

@ivan3000x Yes!

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 934 posts

Hey guys,

Thank you for kindly taking the time out to continue to share updates.

I can assure you that as soon as we have any updates we will be happy to share them.

In the mean time, if we can help with anything else then just let us know.

Official Response
  • ivan3000x
    Original poster 13 posts

@mr-t-magnum it didn't help.

• Mr.T.Magnum
    145 posts

@ivan3000x Ok, sry, I play under Win7 64Bit DX11...I see you play under Win10. I heard that issues also could happen sometimes under DX12 but I can't verify atm. Definitely I would set "Game Mode" in Win10 settings to "off", because this feature sometimes crashes other games for me... You could also try, if possible, to forxe DX11 (with "Game Mode" off and Ubisoft Connect Overlay off). Also if you have enough of RAM...pagefile is required.

• Alaryn81
    1 posts

I have had the same problems as well. I did manage to at the very least lessen this by using a third party program called "Inteligent Standby List Cleaner". Now it only happens if i have to much running besides the game. Might be something for you as well for in the meantime until ubi manages to fix whatever is causing the freezes.

• Nazwyn
    2 posts

The game has been super unstable since launch, and it just get worse and worse.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2254 posts

Hey there everyone, thank you for the further discussions here. If you haven't already, I would recommend that you take the time to go through the troubleshooting article previously shared, as the steps included can help reduce the frequency of crashes and freezing.

Our teams are still investigating these persistent issues and I'm afraid we do not have any updates to provide.

Some users have mentioned that they have been able to reduce the issues by deleting the "The Division 2" folder in the "Documents\My Games" section. It is important to note that doing this will remove any settings which you have adjusted, and you will need to change them again.

If anyone has any further questions please let me know and I will do my best to respond to them.

Official Response
  • aBearded_Clam
    1 posts

I cannot play the game without crashing. I've tried all the 'fixes' online, disabled direct x12, disabled overlay, cleaned cache, added virtual memory. It just a matter of time before it freezes. It isn't just me, my clan members all have the issue too.

• Ubi-Akatsirin
    Ubisoft Support Staff 502 posts

Hey @abearded_clam, sorry to hear you are also experiencing the issue, and thank you for your report.

Like it was mentioned by Ubi-Gizmo just above, our teams have been investigating this issue.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps that have been shared in the thread, as well as the workaround that was shared by Ubi-Gizmo ?

Some users have mentioned that they have been able to reduce the issues by deleting the "The Division 2" folder in the "Documents\My Games" section. It is important to note that doing this will remove any settings which you have adjusted, and you will need to change them again.
    Official Response

Suggested Topics