ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ivan3000x
    Original poster 13 posts

I propose to redo the useless "Kenly college" mode
    I really miss the survival from the first game and don't understand why not to please the players of this game mode.

-Mode from 1 to a team of 4 people.
    You start only with a gun and gray things.

-Slightly expand the starting location so that there would be a place for the fallen helicopter.

-Add random infected areas with an eclipse where the filter will break if you stay there for a long time and have to create a new one.

-Random opponent- hyenas, outcasts and others.

-Optional random task - terminal capture, server destruction, etc. (survival points will be awarded for completion at the end)

-There is a random specialization weapon with a unique bonus on the fallen helicopter, but it is heavily guarded (playing in a team, everyone has a random specialization)
    Example of Bonuses:
    Mechanic- +1 skill level
    Bomber- explosions do not cause damage
    Machine gunner - ammunition replenishment
    Marksman- increased damage to targets outside the shelter
    Survivalist- reducing the cost of creating items of equipment
    Flamethrower-resistance to negative effects

-A random list of creating things on the workbench for each session or updating every day or week. (when playing in a team, each agent has its own list of creating items, which will encourage you to play together).

-Add the ability to create a kit for self-resuscitation of the agent. It can be used for
    for yourself or for an ally. One agent can have one resuscitation kit.

-Expand the metro location. Add dc-62 infestation (similar to Jefferson Mall). "Metro" will become an analogue of the dark zone.
    -In the "metro" there will be infected survival containers for evacuation.

-Make an evacuation on the other side of the river, and the "metro" is an analogue of the dark zone through which you need to pass by creating a filter to go to the other side of the river for evacuation.
    -It is not possible to enter the metro without a filter.

-Two safe zones with a workbench - one in the chapel (starting location), the second in the "metro" to prepare for evacuation.

-Limit the time of passage by infection of the agent and the absence of medications and painkillers. Add a blood flow effect that will be triggered by the degree of infection of the agent (the less time left, the more often it works, so it will feel like our agent is getting worse and worse without compromising the gameplay)

-Disable the agent's Clock level. (subsystem failure)
    Redesign the clock menu in the character status menu:
    Add a scale to each parameter, which will gradually decrease
    1. satiety scale- sacrificing food or water increases the rate of recovery of health.
    2. Materials scale- donating materials highlights chests.
    3. Infection scale: shows the infection status and probability of blood flow

-Leave the mechanics of the secret rooms with valuable equipment.

-Randomly distribute the location of equipment crates and locked crates of different factions and bags of resources for each game session. (Or most of them)

-Locked boxes of different factions store a lot of resources for creating items and good equipment and materials.
    Keys from locked boxes fall with a small chance from ordinary opponents and guaranteed from nominal opponents.

Awards:
    -Containers taken out by the agent himself.
    -Containers for achieving a certain number of survival points.
    -At the end of survival, we will receive currency that can be spent from the merchant buying containers.
    -Add Weekly appointments for this mode.
    - New challenges, thanks, stripes.
    -In the chest, make a separate tab for containers from this mode.

These are not precise instructions. These are reflections and suggestions.
    I hope you will pay attention to this.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

TD2 Survival got spun out into Heartland. Keep your eyes open for that - word on the street is that it has PvEvP BR as the main mode, but also a PvE mode.

I hope they turn Kenley into a Countdown map.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    527 posts

@latenitedelight
    ouh, please no. We have modes more than enough.
    Make use of Kenly and all the other special mode maps for expansion of the base game. A mode can be put on top for the mode fetishists.

• ArthurFriend
    95 posts

@latenitedelight
    Although I really do not have high hopes for the pve-part of heartlands I do like the idea of reusing kenly college as a countdown map. It sure would fit the idea of different sub-goals in different areas.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@gnarlyatol1793 I put in a lengthier explanation in another thread - but I figured Kenley could be a tweaked version of Countdown - not an exact replica. Better to have each map have its own flavor - combined with Discovery Mode dropping the extraction timer, possibly adopting the Kenley method, that just offers higher rewards the faster you complete it.

When I thought Nightmare was still happening, I had hoped that we were tasked with finding research about the Hunter's. The actual Intel location would be randomized, as would the clues to find it. There would be Hunter's, Rogue Agents, and Factions in there looking as well. Then once you found it, you'd have to fight your way out to extract, with a nifty boss fight at the extraction.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    527 posts

@latenitedelight
    Dear latenight, I didn’t have the pleasure to participate in PTS because playing with Xbox, therefore couldn’t judge countdown and therefore not your proposal but looks to me more interesting than the current use of Kenly. It’s simply my mindset … always hoping that something extents or improves the base game, instead things things that is something different, like all these modes.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@gnarlyatol1793 I know 😊

I just don't see how they tweak Kenley to behave more like the open world. Seems a better fit as a mode, seeing as it's isolated. The other option is a Stronghold, but then it gets repetitive, where as at least Countdown has a little randomness to it.

Granted, I'm only down if there is a Discovery Mode, because the current Normal just isn't solo friendly [nor do I find the sponge level fun, so I likely won't play much grouped up either].

• GnarlyAtol1793
    527 posts

@latenitedelight
    Yeah, I will see when Countdown is available. So far I am skeptical because of my experiences with the existing modes in both division games, apart from Survival, what I saw from the Countdown gameplay in YouTube and gameplay feedback here and Reddit.

I kept playing because of the announcement of new content. Will try Countdown a bit but then this will be the Division 2 end for me.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    365 posts

@ivan3000x 100% for this addition.

Suggested Topics