ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• serotoninja
    Original poster 1 posts

Expertise is a pretty little feature, but I still wonder why this gets published in year 4?

I spent several hours on gaining proficiency level 9 by donating stuff from the vendors.
    Why the vendors don't sell materials in the normal game?

Expertise generally too expensive, it will definitely take years to gain proviciency on all 342 items/brands/gearsets.

The amount of items and material for donations/upgrades should be halved.
    Additionally, the benefits of upgrades should at least be doubled.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Metal_Greg
    171 posts

@serotoninja what people aren't getting about this new system is that IT'S SUPPOSED TO TAKE A LONG TIME. It gives you something to work towards, it isn't meant to be completed in just a few weeks or something. this is a slow constant progression that rewards you for playing.

• AirJarhead
    17 posts

@metal_greg
    Or maybe we do get it, and we don't like it...because it's too convoluted, too expensive, and takes too much time and resources, for very little gain.
    There is a big difference between taking years, and taking a few weeks. No one is asking for a system that upgrades everything in a few weeks. They just don't want it to take years.

this is a slow constant progression that rewards you for playing.

Keener's watch is exactly what you are describing. This system is nothing like your description. Have you tried it?
    Have you thought about playing a long Summit run , or Convoy run with your buddies, and when your inventory gets full asking everyone to stop and wait for you to go back to the white house to pick through every part of the expertise system to donate stuff? It takes a long time. I can't see group members being too happy about the wait.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    733 posts

@metal_greg
    … it gives you something to work …

Well, what we need are motivating tasks with replay value and not the next useless grind mechanism playing the same things again and again only to get a bit stronger and later complaining everything became so easy.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    733 posts

@airjarhead
    it seems that for a lot people the overall sense of the game is the grind. So when this progression is completed, what’s the success? What is the fun with it? Then we are begging for the next grind mechanism?

• ArthurFriend
    178 posts
    IT'S SUPPOSED TO TAKE A LONG TIME. It gives you something to work towards, it isn't meant to be completed in just a few weeks or something. this is a slow constant progression that rewards you for playing.

Finally someone who understood what this system is meant for.

I'm fed up with people who always want everything handed to them on a silver platter. They just want to have everything - quickly and easily. The fact that there are players who really need and want such a lengthy task because it's fun and motivating to them doesn't interest such people at all. Because they simply have a horizon that is completely limited to themselves.

Players with little time can easily upgrade items to level 5 or 10. And players with a lot of time can tackle levels beyond that. That's a fair distribution and everyone has something to do. Or you can choose to ignore the whole system if you think it's stupid, because you don't need the extra power anyway.

• Got-Your-VI
    10 posts

@arthurfriend Very well said! But I understand this new system is not for everyone too.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    733 posts

@arthurfriend
    unfortunately I disagree.

First of all people have different motivations in this game, that is normal. As long we are not forced that’s ok when they are adding stuff. They added raids, I played several times, not my cup of tea, therefore I do not play, no reason to complain and the exotics/gear locked behind I do not care. Fine that the raids are there for the people being interested.

silver tablet: well, during the campaign you have already the first progression system, which already takes quite some hours if you are not the rusher type of player … grind grind grind, completing every tasks as possible … fast traveling to the next tasks, then the progression from grinding better guns and gear pieces which are quite some hours as well. In this time you can play the campaigns from several games, then the grind to be able to recalibrate and optimize and in parallel filling SHD watch to become stronger and doing these tasks for the specializations. That’s a hell load of progression hours and now again, no, I am definately not fine with it. That is no silver tablet, that is basically a cheap motivation to play the same stuff again and again. If this is longterm motivating for some, I will never understand why, but ok. If this is for the majority of the player base, I have doubts.

For PvE I can ignore but you can not ignore vor PvP, there you are forced to grind again to be build competitative.

• suschunga
    612 posts
    Expertise is a pretty little feature, but I still wonder why this gets published in year 4?

Progression systems get added after release to lots of games. Shield challenges were added a few years after release of the first game.

Why the vendors don't sell materials in the normal game?

Because they want you to engage with a wide range of the games systems. It's a looter shooter, not a shopping simulator.

• Got-Your-VI
    10 posts

@suschunga hahaha thats a great line.... New Div3/Sims Div3 😂.

• Gates.Of.Hades
    170 posts

@got-your-vi but if this isnt for everyone why would they encourage people to play this game even more? With no end goal for using all those system, if ubi didnt intend to maintain and gain more people to jointhe game, why would they out effort in updating a game if the majority of the new players couldnt understand and could be overwhelmed by the new system that it would make them quit/stop playing?

Also, not everyone has an infinite loads of hours to put in the game, so for normal people with normal lives and jobs, they couldnt enjoy the new system as it should be, they wouldnt know the feeling of progressing and having a substantial upgrade for latter, as they would be neglected by having some of it

This game is all rng, so having to get all that mats would take soooo much time, and nobody got time for that

• GnarlyAtol1793
    733 posts

@gates-of-hades
    quite some good friends already left the game because of lacking content. Some want to return to try Countdown few times though.

• Gates.Of.Hades
    170 posts

@gnarlyatol1793 yeah, it happens in my clan too, almost none left just until this 2 weeks. Ive been playing this game again for almost a year by now (ive stopped i think just right after s4 ends) and luckily i have some friends who just play again because of friends of friends have bought the game and we boosting them while they enjoy the lore, though i cant think and promise them the longevity of this game as ive been playing pts and seen the new game mode, i dont think itll make them stay that longer, this game would be played for like a month for them then will be neglected for a long long time

• Noxious81
    1257 posts
    (...) Players with little time can easily upgrade items to level 5 or 10. And players with a lot of time can tackle levels beyond that. That's a fair distribution and everyone has something to do. Or you can choose to ignore the whole system if you think it's stupid, because you don't need the extra power anyway.

Personally I think that's the most important part – because the system caters to every playstyle, whether you're logging into the game regularly since launch, are a new agent or only playing every now and then. Everyone can achieve a progress, proportionate to one's time spent in the game.

• Noxious81
    1257 posts
    (...) As long we are not forced that’s ok when they are adding stuff. (...)
    For PvE I can ignore but you can not ignore vor PvP, there you are forced to grind again to be build competitative.

For PvE you can totally ignore Expertise, indeed. So no need for anyone to worry about not being able to have it completed in a few weeks.

About PvP:
    I'm totally not into Division PvP, that's why I might not be up to date here, so this is a real question I am asking myself – shouldn't Grades be irrelevant in PvP thanks to Normalization?

• GnarlyAtol1793
    733 posts

@noxious81
    well, I am not familiar with the details of expertise because playing on Xbox and therefore did not participate in PTS. Therefore I have to admit that this is my assumption that Expertise build improvements make PvP players stronger as better gear pieces, optimized attributes, filled SHD watch make PvP players stronger.

Basically it’s no issue for me personally because I mainly play PvP in Division 1 because most of my Division 1 friends do not like Division 2 and some do not want to grind again for builds and stayed in Division 1. Pure PvP player don’t want to farm, but some want to bully and kill farmers, therefore grinders are welcome 😁. In Division 2 I play PvP occasionally only.

• suschunga
    612 posts
    but if this isnt for everyone why would they encourage people to play this game even more?

Because they want the game to continue generating revenue via season passes from long-term players. The scope of the new updates is small to fit within their revenue forecasts, and keep costs down. That's why the new team is mostly based in Romania where salaries are lower. They're not expecting a large influx of new players, but instead relying on the community to explain things to those who do start playing.

• MaxKiller181
    6 posts

@metal_greg yea I already had months played on my first character and I now have 4...and that's been years ago...so yea I'd agree too little too late. I still have a few friends who play the game so I tag along but there are many other little things that would actually add to the game.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    733 posts

@maxkiller181
    couldn’t agree more

• Adrian-11
    897 posts

Too little, too late... and way too BUGGY.
    I mean, look at the forum, 9 of 10 posts are about bugs, crashes, deltas, etc.
    Even the easy things are a mess. How did this update go out with the wrong models, skins, missing graphics for mods, etc.?!
    Not to mention the broken stats and incessant errors and crashes... OMG!

Suggested Topics