ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• therichgodhades
    Original poster 12 posts

I recently started replaying Valhalla and my game used to prompt me with the 'R1 Assassinate' and 'Hold Triangle' prompts before the latest update but as of a week or two ago, such is not the case. The prompts have vanished even though the buttons work like their supposed to. Secondly, I have recently noticed a 'comfirm action screen' when I try to remove markers from the map or to fast trave. Is that something from the latest update? I am playing on PS4.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff 331 posts

Hey @therichgodhades! Welcome to Discussions!

I'm sorry to hear that those prompts have disappeared but glad that the buttons are still working as intended. I'm not familiar with the confirm action screen you are seeing, would it be possible to grab an image of that for me? Please also try these troubleshooting steps and update this thread to let us know if they helped or if you still aren't seeing the prompts. Thank you!

Official Response
  • therichgodhades
    Original poster 12 posts

@ubi-perseids Steps did not work. Would deleting my save game and wiping the game information from the hardrive get rid of the issue?

I will try deleting my save game and the game information from the hardrive and report back if it works or not.

• therichgodhades
    Original poster 12 posts

@ubi-perseids Deleting my save game and game information off the hardrive didn't work so I deleted and reinstalled the application without the DLC's to see if that works.

• therichgodhades
    Original poster 12 posts

@ubi-perseids I have reinstalled the application without the DLC's and there is still no change to my existing issue. It is my belief that it has to be an issue with one of the updates that has caused the issue. I would appreciate it if this issue was added to and addressed in the next update

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2516 posts

Hey @therichgodhades

Thanks for the additional information based on the tests you ran yourself. I've reported it to the dev team to look into and see if they are able to reproduce it. If they can, I can't promise it would be included in the next update, as we don't get a say in what the dev team work on and when, and have no idea how long it would take them to find what is causing it.

Official Response
  • therichgodhades
    Original poster 12 posts

@ubi-froggard I understand. The issue is it is not just the 'Hold Triangle' or 'R1 Assassinate' prompt but the 'Speak' prompt to NPC's and the 'Loot' prompt that show up in white has vanished. It seems as I stated in an earlier response as if an earlier update caused this issue based on the troubleshooting steps and tests that I ran myself.

If it helps, I first noticed the 'hold triangle' prompt issue in the Asgard side quest first mission where you have to close the jotunheim door and it tells you to hold triangle. I had to hold triangle for at least 10-15 seconds before the cut scene of Eivor appeared and closed the door. The 'Loot' prompt doesn't appear on chests or dead bodies even in the opening area of the game and the 'Speak' prompt doesn't appear on NPC's when I get to Ravensthorpe but my controls still work as intended.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1244 posts

@therichgodhades

Thanks for the additional info, We'll get back to you with an update as soon as we hear back from the team.

Official Response
  • therichgodhades
    Original poster 12 posts

@ubi-orion I deleted the application and turned off my Wi-Fi and reinstalled the application with the update 1.0.0 and the missing prompts returned. The prompts stopped appearing after I completed the Honor Bound Quest and went to Fornburg in Norway by longship. I discovered it only after I went to the synchronization point outside Fornburg wherein the prompt never appeared. After which I re-uploaded Version 6.11 of Valhalla.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2312 posts

Hello @therichgodhades,

Thank you for the update!

I heard back from the development team and regretfully, they were unable to reproduce this issue, I'm afraid. In order for us to investigate it further, can I kindly ask you to provide us with a short video of this occurring? Secondly, can you please upload your latest save to the cloud, so we can pass it along as well?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Official Response
  • therichgodhades
    Original poster 12 posts

@ubi-mark I understand. I don't have a Playstation membership, so I am unable to upload my save file to the cloud. It is the same with the video clip.

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 828 posts

@therichgodhades You don't need a PlayStation Plus membership to upload save files or recorded clips. It looks like your latest cloud save is already uploaded, but can you record and share a video of the issue?

Official Response
  • therichgodhades
    Original poster 12 posts

@ubi-mushy I have recorded the clip and posted to @UbisoftSupport on Twitter.

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 683 posts

Hello @therichgodhades ,

Thanks for letting us know. Could you please share the link to the video with us here on this thread or would you prefer to keep the communication with our support team on Twitter?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Official Response
  • therichgodhades
    Original poster 12 posts

@ubi-oxavo I would like to post it here but I have no idea how to do that as the only two options to upload from my PS4 are Twitter and Youtube. I tried searching for my clip on Twitter (as I uploaded it yesterday to Twitter) but it didn't show up.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2312 posts

Hello @therichgodhades,

Thank you for the update! I'm sorry to hear that your clip hasn't been uploaded to Twitter - have you tried uploading it to youtube, by any chance, to check if it works for you?

Many thanks!

Official Response
  • therichgodhades
    Original poster 12 posts

@ubi-mark I have it uploaded to Youtube under the title 'Valhalla Issue'.

I hope this helps! If you need me to record the assassination and speaking prompts not appearing I will gladly do so.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6024 posts

Thanks for providing us with a video, @therichgodhades! I'll get this forwarded to the dedicated teams so they can take a closer look at this. If we require any additional information from you regarding the missing prompts, we'll reach out to you within this thread.

Out of interest, would you be able to provide a screenshot or video showing your Interface settings as well? I'm aware there's an option to disable contextual actions (so the triangle prompt) in that menu, so it would be worthwhile checking that this hasn't been accidentally switched off.

You also mention that you're being prompted to confirm actions when trying to remove markers or fast travel. Do you happen to have a video of this behaviour as well? This will help us to investigate this behaviour further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • therichgodhades
    Original poster 12 posts

@ubi-borealis Thanks you for the help. Turns out that I DID turn off the contextual actions thinking that it was something else....oops! Something so simple turned into a mess.

• Ubi-SpaceCats
    Ubisoft Support Staff 938 posts

@therichgodhades Hi there! Just to clarify, have you resolved this issue?

Official Response

Suggested Topics