ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• pig756
    Original poster 2 posts

I would like to see some Assassins Ceed type action in these games. The ability to climb over the debris blocking stairwells and climbing up a floor or 2 to enter a building window or access another area. I mean besides the repelling up and down on the pre-placed ropes. I understand that it is mostly to limit the areas and gameplay content, but instead of building an entirely new game..... you can expand what you already have and/or have a crossover for modern day assassins creed. You guys have already built a fantastic environment in DC and NY, it just feels like it's be a shame to let it go to waste.
    I personally would love to play something like this

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    430 posts

@pig756
    one of the very limited good post about this game.

Yeah, basically I am asking myself continuously why they put so much ressources into designing the great open world and making very limited use of it, with blunt repetitative soulless activities only, copied everywhere and for placing countless useless loot crates. A great but wasted map.

People asking for years for improvement and expansion.

But apparently they are only listening to the grinders asking for more gear, more guns, more exotics, more talents, more skills, more mods, … more aparell … more modes, for the guys prefering this over good gameplay. For this they could have skipped the great open world, Summit is enough for this purpose 😊

And this mindset of Ubi/Massive is reflected in the upcoming content again.

• ArthurFriend
    82 posts

This may sound like a great and simple idea, but it's not. AC is an independent and completely different game for a reason.

In order for us to be able to climb up and down buildings and walls, all passable elements and climbable facades would have to be recreated and built into all missions and the entire open world in NY and DC. That's equivalent to a complete map rework and would take months.

In addition, new animations or even character models would have to be created so that our agents can actually climb. This means even more additional work.

Also, any enemy types would probably have to be given the ability to climb walls and buildings as well, so we can't escape into areas unreachable by enemies. Presumably this would also affect the balance of missions and activities, so spawn points and difficulty levels would also need to be adjusted. And of course even more animations for climbing enemies would need to be created.

And then there's some small stuff like questions regarding the controls for both PC and consoles, keyboard layout and such.

All in all, this is an insane amount of work and is in no way, really absolutely no way, realistic to be incorporated into the existing game.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    430 posts

@arthurfriend
    I agree at this stage of the game

Suggested Topics