ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• sjohan1
    Original poster 1 posts

Hello,

I started playing AC Valhalla but have come across an issue. The save icon is constantly showing on and off the screen. Every time it does the game stops, I am able to swivel around the character with my mouse but there is no movement until the save icon goes away but it doesnt. I then tried AC Odyssey and its doing the exact same thing. Any help would be great.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2363 posts

Hello @sjohan1,

Welcome to the discussions!

I'm sorry to hear that your game stops for a while autosaving.

Can you please provide us with your full PC specs, so we can have a look? Secondly, can you please perform all of the troubleshooting steps listed in this article? This will help you to eliminate any potential software conflicts.

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • XBL_Laberbacke
    381 posts

Did you open the Connect overlay before that happened? Because that's how the latest three AC games act when I do it.

Sidenote, I deactivated the overlay to prevent myself from opening it accidentally, only to find out this denies access to certain bonus quests.

• Simplethumb
    139 posts

@xbl_laberbacke

Could you tell me more about this please?

I never play with overlays on in any game launcher because it's stated so many times (in different threads, performance guides etc) that overlays can affect game performance sometimes quite negatively.

What type of quests? Are they big quests or just small ones similar to (blue icon) Mystery Quests?

How many quests at a guess would be missing?

• kilyan82
    60 posts

@sjohan1 i suggest you this: go in "search" tab near "start" - type "msconfig" - "General" - in selective startup untick "Load startup items" - "Apply". Then go to "Services" tick "Hide all Microsoft services" - Apply - "Disable all" - Apply - OK - than will prompt to restart the pc. This will disable any service or start up item not needed that can mess with ac valhalla. This solved my autosave crashes, so maybe it will solve this issue too.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2571 posts

Hey @sjohan1

Did you manage to resolve the issue already from any of the suggestions here? If so, can you get back to us to let us know the answers to questions that have been asked above also?

Official Response

Suggested Topics