ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• LateNiteDelight
    Original poster 1040 posts

In anticipation of Spotter getting a nice boost, with the introduction of Flatline and the new Gearset, I'm starting to more seriously consider other ARs. Specifically the ones that can take the Linked Laser.

I've also recently decided I prefer DtA over DtOOC, because I find the Vets/Elites hunkered in cover more annoying/dangerous than rushers. So I've started farming for new ARs. Lucked into a max DtA+DtH Carbine 7 last night from a clan cache [been hunting a good Carbine 7 since WONY without any luck]. Still need to track down an M4, G36, and Honey Badger - but at least there I can farm a nice Flatline version soon, and roll DtA if need be.

Anyway, TL:DR - of the ARs that can take a linked laser, which one is your favorite and why?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TxDieselKid
    400 posts

Carbine 7.
    It's just butter.

• LateNiteDelight

@txdieselkid get your data analytics nerd on, I know it's hiding in there 😜

I believe all 4 have max Stability? At least I'm pretty sure the M4 and C7 do. Then varying levels of Accuracy. Technically, the Honey Badger is the best from a DPS stand point of the bunch - it's basically the Carbine 7 with slightly less Accuracy [and maybe one less attachment? Haven't used one in a long time] because it hits ever so slightly harder. G36 has the largest DMG/Mag by a nose.

sDPS+/bDPS+/RPM
    HoneyBadger: 101/103/790
    G36: 100/100/750
    C7: 99/101/790
    M4: 98/102/850

All close enough to mostly come down to feel I think. I'm also not sure if they have a slight variance in Optimal Range? I'll have to poke around more after work.

• TxDieselKid
    400 posts

@latenitedelight LOL!! I absolutely do have that side, but overall I'll take the C7 over a Honey Badger most days. I do LOVE the HB though, and I recently kept one I found that was pretty nice because I hadn't used one in a while. Sounds like I need to pull it out of the stash. Yes, the C7 does have one extra attachment, giving it a slight advantage for adding CHD though attachments.

From the number crunching on the PTS the actual Kingbreaker is the new king supposedly. Obviously we will need to see if there are any changes that take place to it from the last PTS though. I still think it needed a slight 7%-10% base damage increase to really be competitive with the much higher burst DPS AR's out there, but it's a little subjective I would guess.

• LateNiteDelight

@txdieselkid Kingbreaker probably takes the lead due to Perfect Flatline, but I'll be curious to slot it in once I know what the base damage and reload time is.

If it's basically a tweaked AK, then I'd expect it to beat the Carbine 7 even without the perfect advantage. Granted, if it's like the AK, then it will also suffer from recoil issues.

• DutchLMB4ever
    474 posts

@latenitedelight idk for favourite, as I don't use the linked laser (yet).
    Carbine7 100%
    (found one with DTA as well!! It wasn't godrolled...but it was Jesus rolled as I only had to optimize health once lol.)

But I like the Tactical MK 16 as well.
    - It's like the FAL but with 50 bullets instead of 40.
    (- And it looks way better than the other 2 versions (Socom and just the MK 16??)

• LateNiteDelight

@dutchlmb4ever the MK's were my favorites when I started out - but if I remember correctly, the Tactical had less Optimal Range for no good reason.

Fal beats it in DPS still. Most annoying part of the Fal, is that giving it another 10 rounds still puts it below the Famas & AK for DPS - and it doesn't have a Perfect Variant, so I can't understand the decision fully.

• LateNiteDelight

Whelp, apparently I'm losing my mind, as the G36 can't take the Linked Laser.

I honestly don't feel a huge difference between the C7 and M4 on the range - so will have to muck about in the field. Honey Badger has noticably more pull than the them. Not a ton, but enough to notice - though that matters less if I'm playing CQC.

MK16 didn't feel any better than the C7 or M4, so not sure it's worth the DPS hit to bother.

• DutchLMB4ever
    474 posts

@latenitedelight
    Oh I never look at the Optimal range, just play and if its good for my playstyle I keep using it.

The base damage for the FAL was only 2k higher when i looked and rpm 25 higher.
    I don't think that's a lot more tho.

Famas never used it although people seem to find it the best AR.
    And the AK I like a lot but the accuracy is meh.

I'll look tomorrow at the Optimal range of the MK16, if it's true that it's less than the other AR's I'll go for Carbine7 with the linked laser stuff.

• crazyman9699
    4 posts

The G36 Enhanced has the long under barrel rail so it will take the laser pointer. It's my go to AR.

• Imagine_Brata
    736 posts

Fal SA-58 with 30mag and SIG 556 for me

• Oatiecrumble
    756 posts

I do like the G36 Enhanced, packs a punch and is very stable, in fact i might swap out the Carbine 7 for it later when i login.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    628 posts

@dutchlmb4ever
    I think a while ago I farmed 500 floors Summit to get good ARs inc the C7 with DtToC. Then it took me 2 weeks playing to optimize 😁. How many campaigns from Call of Duty games can be played in this timeframe 😁

• LateNiteDelight

@crazyman9699 so I'm only partially losing my mind - thanks! 😁

• DutchLMB4ever
    474 posts

@gnarlyatol1793 bad RNG, I had mine early on my second account.
    I have 3 now with Dttooc
    But 2 days ago when I was in the summit i found one with max weapon dmg & max DtA.
    And I think it was 19% Health damage
    (Randomly as my targeted loot was bag's).
    But I only play Legendary summit so the drops are mostly with high attributes.
    I recommend you to play that in summit if you need to farm for anything (and you don't want to optimize a lot)

• DutchLMB4ever
    474 posts

@imagine_brata SIG 556 I like a lot too, but I can't put the linked laser on it tho..??
    I think @LateNiteDelight meant that Technician laser that immediately pulses enemies.
    Not the crit chance mod.

(But maybe mine is glitched out??)

• LateNiteDelight

@dutchlmb4ever I honestly don't know, because I don't like the 556 in TD2. Enjoy it in R6 & GR, but not here for whatever reason.

The reason I listed the 4 I did, is because I've been ok with them in the past, and I already tested the Fal.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    628 posts

@dutchlmb4ever
    luckily I stopped farming at around SHD 2000. The work phase is over, since then I am playing again 😊

• DutchLMB4ever
    474 posts

@gnarlyatol1793
    The work phase is over for now lol
    New assignment coming soon🤣

• GnarlyAtol1793
    628 posts

@dutchlmb4ever
    in case you mean the new gear, exotics, expertise … season, I care a [censored] about it.

I will play Countdown few times and then I am done with Division 2 due to lacking content.

Suggested Topics