ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Eagleyezx
    Original poster 124 posts

Hey Ghosts,

Does anyone here still play Ghost Recon 1 and the other editions it has?

Also, does anyone know where to find the first person mod where you can see your characters hand and gun?

I have this game in my library and want to stream it soon. But having that mod would be a much better experience.

There are a few things that love about it already, which is why I put a lot of hours into Arma 3 already. I mentioned Arma 3 because it's clear where it got its influence from which is obviously Ghost Recon 1.

In GR1:
    The tacmap is great
    Multiple squads
    Sandbox semi open world
    Squad members die and has low time to kill.

Those features are great.

I can't say the same for Future Soldier, Wildlands and neither Breakpoint. As much as I champion Future Soldier, it is not what Ghost Recon is and the same for Wildlands and Breakpoint.

Eagleyezx

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1165 posts

Oh yes, I am still playing it, as a matter of fact, I am stuck in one of the missions where you have to help the tanks cross a village and of course I am getting my buttcheeks kicked any which way because I can't find the drone to tag enemies, I can't get my teammates to revive me, etc and of course I want to do everything myself due to being sucked into it by the latest GR iterations ... aren't miracles fun 😊

I don't remember that Mod to look at your weapons and your hand, are you sure you are not confusing that with how you can do so quiet easily in Ground Branch? you know, that little indie studio that has been able to accomplish that with only two dollars and thirty three cents but some of the biggest AAA Studios can't? 😑

At any rate, have you tried here... https://www.moddb.com/games/tom-clancys-ghost-recon/mods: (https://moddb.com/games/tom-clancys-ghost-recon/mods)

The other place I heard they have the mods is at ghostrecon.net

• ClemsonDriver
    24 posts
    Hey Ghosts,

There are a few things that love about it already, which is why I put a lot of hours into Arma 3 already. I mentioned Arma 3 because it's clear where it got its influence from which is obviously Ghost Recon 1.

https://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php?act=view&id=1427

Haven't tried it to see if it still works. Also FYI Ghost Recon 1 was released in 2001 and Operation: Flashpoint was also released in 2001. OFP was developed by Bohemia Interactive and Codemasters while Arma 3 was developed by just Bohemia Interactive. The two split somewhere along the way, dont know when or why. I think the devs inspirations for OFP even predates the Rainbow Six og game. I read it started during the Atari/Commodore days and they became more active as communism went away in Czechoslavakia. I looked it up just now and from what i gather they wanted to start making big open world games with vehicles and whatnot. Eventually they got the idea to add soldiers in there and the backdrop for what would become the OFP story was inspired by the events of the Warsaw Pact invasion of Czechoslavakia.

• Eagleyezx

@fcac-no-moe Really appreciate the website Fac! And yes I agree with you, it's the challenge that makes these games so enjoyable. It sounds weird but I love getting my - - - handled to me in these games. Makes you think and a much better player.

The first person mod would be perfect too

• Eagleyezx

@clemsondriver Really fascinating analysis and yes, it's clear that these three game studios had similar influences with their games (Old school Ubiflop, codemasters, bohemia).

Thanks for the link!

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1165 posts

@eagleyezx

OGR was a FPV and like I said before, I don't remember seeing a Mod that allowed you to see your boots but if you find it, let me know please (and where you did) as I don't recall seeing it in the mods I downloaded, unless I saw First Person Mod and figured to skip it since game was FPV and I normally tend not to read the whole description of it.

• Eagleyezx

@fcac-no-moe I didn't realise how many mods there were for Ghost Recon.

Here is the first person mod:

https://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php?act=view&id=1427

I also saw a third person mod somewhere. In due time I'm going to mod this game to get it up to date a little bit and play it again.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1165 posts

Well, call me a Monkey's Uncle because I do have it but like I said, I thought it was a mistake or prank or for GR2, I don't know but now I do 🤠

At any rate, I am also going to be testing it after I am done with the regular campaign, I am taking my time do it though.

Translation... my butt has been handed to me any and every which way possible. 😊

• jmagnum50
    136 posts

I still have my PS2, and a lot of games for it. Case in point, Original Ghost Recon with the Desert Siege campaign and Jungle Storm with the Island thunder campaign. Honestly there's stuff in the later games I enjoy and see as an integral part of Ghost Recon, but still have other games like the first in case I want to play them. I may have gotten introduced to the Tom Clancy games with Rainbow Six on PS1, but Ghost Recon when it came out really pulled me into the franchise, mostly because OGR didn't have stealth levels like Rainbow Six had. Once they introduced them, the stealth ops my tolerance varied on which level/mission used stealth. Nevertheless, In terms of Tom Clancy, the Ghost Recon franchise holds high ranks to me.

• Eagleyezx

@jmagnum50 There's just something special when you play the tactical games in this error. The mechanics, storytelling and realism that they had.

GR1, Socom, Desert Storm, MoH. These games were just special. Now communities like ours are pleading triple A companies to stay true to their roots, meanwhile indie games are and even moving the genre forward. It's all very interesting.

• jmagnum50
    136 posts

@eagleyezx Well, yeah. I do want GR to stay true to itself. That being a tactical shooter, like let us do some planning like during and before we start a level/mission. In fact that's a good reason I want the whole tech thing we got a bit more of at the start of GRAW to be optional, because I want there to be a way that GR can stay GR. Heck OGR, that we were talking about mentioned that in the intro. But still, it's a tactical shooter, keep it that way. Know what I mean? Dunno why you mentioned medal of honor, even in the latest entries it's still a somewhat different breed.

Suggested Topics