ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Russianbru
    Original poster 2 posts

hi so i just got far cry 6 and wanted to install it and its taking for ever to allocate disk space, this didn't happen to me when i downloaded far cry 5 and new dawn, i have good wifi with a good pc, i am downloading it on a storage usb not in local. is this common for it to take forever on external? it hasn't even shown a inch of a bar complete

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2225 posts

Hey there @russianbru, thank you for taking the time to get in touch. I understand that the disk space allocation can take quite a while for Far Cry 6. I want to assure you that our teams are aware of this and we have had similar reports before. There are 2 main points to this issue:

• 1. The file structure of FC6 particularly does not have good compatibility with the UC build distribution system (resulting in big patches and long file allocations)

• 2. Ubisoft Connect used a custom file copy solution which added additional time to the file allocation and caused corruptions in files if the download was aborted during file allocation

For #1 this is a large issue that is based on how Ubisoft Connect manages builds and data on a fundamental level and would require a revamp of the patching system which is complex and not quick to implement.

For #2, a fix for this was deployed end of last year when we switched from our custom file copy solution to a windows standard one. This brought down file allocation times somewhat but most importantly stopped the files from being corrupted if the download was aborted too early.

I want to assure you that this issue is a priority for our teams, but it's not an easy thing to fix, however, fixes designed to mitigate this issue are planned for later this year.

I am unable to share specific dates for when this fix will be released but if you have any further questions please let me know and I will do my best to respond to them. 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics